• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Water Trainers New Fakemon Thread!

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
The shell is supposed to be big because it's like a small mountain on it's back.
The final fire starters colours are meant to be like that because it's Fire/Dark type.
I'll fix them up a little if that will make them better.
Expect to see a new dex on the 1st page very soon!.

oykawoo

Froslass Lover
I drew a pic of your first bug pokemon. I hope its ok to post it here.

LyflyPixle.png

I also have another drawing that Im working on but it will take much longer because its gonna look alot nicer.

Last edited:

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Oykawoo thats great, I've done most of my sprite pics like that. I'm working on getting photoshop (Really dear here) so I can sugimori style them.
Great job.

Rukario_thenightwolf - What did you send me? so many people have PM'd me I've completly forgotton.

oykawoo

Froslass Lover
Thanks :D I also finished my Sugimori style of it. (I do much more shadow than he does but it still looks similar)

Lyfly.png

I also tried to make the antenna ball, bottom, and blue spots look like they are glowing by giving them a blur effect.

Sasuke

The water starter doesn't really look like a water starter to me. It looks more like a fossil Pokemon, it's good I just don't get a water starter feel when I look at it. Also. the legendaries at the bottom, they're too close to Diaruga and Palkia. Like the parts are too obvious. Also, the Seviper evo's light source is wierd, and so is the fire ant final evo's (the...leg things). And the thing kinda near the bottom, it has like a peach face, a green body, a black neck thing and a green hat. All 3 of the evos like have the same eyes. Maybe change that? The others are great, I love most of your evos of 2nd and 3rd gen. ESPECIALLY the Zangoose and Smeargle evos, freaking awesome. :D

oykawoo

Froslass Lover
I drew it on paper, traced it on photoshop and colored it on photoshop.

Edit:I made my own sprite of Lyfly.

Lyfly.png

Last edited:

oykawoo

Froslass Lover
I shade in photoshop with the burn tool and highlight with the dodge tool.

Thanks for leting me draw/sprite Lyfly Water Trainer.

I also made an animation of my Lyfly sprite. Here it is

Lyfly-Anim.gif

Great job oykawoo!!

but Water Trainer:
the old grass sprites of the same pokemon were better
I like the concept of your new fire starters, but the 2nd and 3rd stage sprites still look a little weird
I do like the newly edited water starter sprites
and the new ones are great-i like the ant blade the best

question; does that little fire dino have an evo? i really like that idea...
another quesition; do you have names and types posted anywhere, and if not, will you anytime soon?

Last edited:

Awstin

from the looks of it u are usng the donphan evo
and i just wanted to say keep up the good work ur sprites are amazing

Managar

Hi, you have pretty nice designs there however something has been brought to my attention.

I see a few stolen designs/attributes and I wouldn't call these coincidences my friend, I'm going to point these out.

- Toxiqwill, as you have named it bears a striking resemblence to the Pokémon created for the fangame Pokémon Acanthite - funnily enough it too has been called Toxiqwil. A coincidence? I think not seeing this has been seen on the Acanthite forums - it shares the same shape and the same name. Tut tut.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/PokemonAcanthite/ - source.

- Secondly, Moofork looks extremely alike the reindeer Pokémon seen on this Dex image by Neoriceisgood.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45324732/?qo=11&q=by:neoriceisgood&qh=sort:time+-in:scraps - source.

- Next is Tropet. For some reason, I think of Cocono that MagesPages created on his deviantart. He has two images of these, the late one is a redo of the old one that was posted sometime last year.
http://magespages.deviantart.com - source.

- Dingring looks a lot like Gigabell by Yumawaru. Shares the same body.
http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77295 - source.

- Same goes with Calfy. http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77295 - source.

Don't mind me, but I simply cannot let people that have worked hard in creating shapes and instant special attributes to their designs be stolen.

Thank you. ;476;

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Sorry, but I have had these designs for a very very long time.

First - Toxiqwil was not stolen I made this pokemon a long long time ago when I first posted on the forums just recently I've changed it to make it look less like Qwilfish not stolen any way someone on that forums stole 2 of my fakemon and tried to get people to re-make them into their own.

Second - Moofork does resemble that one, but I honestly did not steal the idea.

Third - Umm except for the colours I don't really see a resemblance.

Fourth - Dingring just has the same shape and thats it, nothing a like.
Also calfy just resembles it because of the swhril.

I honest to god did not steal these ideas, you can check all the way back and see I've had these for a very very long time.

Do your homework before you accuse people.

oykawoo

Froslass Lover
Managar I agree with you that some are very similar but you also have to know this. The ones that are similar are very common concepts (except for the deer). Some of his concepts are similar to those of Topaz too (Acanthites sister site...sorta -they have the same programmer-). This was brought up by a member of Topaz and was dismissed by the admin because of the fact that the ones that are similar are common concepts. It also doesn't seem to make much sense to me that he would steal a couple and make up the rest himself. If he can make them up why wouldn't he just do that (like I believe he did).

And if you really want to say its not a coincidence the how would you explain this.

When I was 8 I made up a serpent Pokemon named Metro. It was almost the exact same as Milotic but I'm not gonna say Pokemon stole my idea because I know that didn't happen. The same thing has happened with neopets too. I made up a design for a Mutant Koi and showed it to my friends (on an instant messenger) a few months later neopets had one that was almost the exact same. It even had some of the random stuff I put on it. This also happened with neopets Hissi. Around 6 months before they made theirs I had made mine as a fake neopet. The 2 differences were that mine had a rounder face and no spots ...the rest was almost identical. Neopets didn't steal my ideas though and seeing how I had them first I didn't steal them from neopets either. It was just a coincidence.

It is common for people to have nearly exact ideas.

Last edited:

Managar

I have nothing against you fellas - remember that.

But honestly words do not count as proof. You need dates of posts and links.

Acanthite has existed since 2004.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I don't know how I can give you proof.
All I have is my word.
Anyways, I'm not guilty so I don't need to worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
great names, and love all the new pokes on the dex

but what do some of those type symbols mean?!