1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Water type..?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Duschii, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Duschii

Duschii Joltik, The Cutest

Hello!
    Im starting my Emerald again on my emulator and i cant decide for a water type... i already used Walrein (which was reallly EPIC)... but i dont want to use it again...
    The water pokemon i was thinking about was Sharpedo (Water/Dark) or Milotic (Water)...
    Or any Better ideas? Only Hoenn Pokemon allowed... (No azurill and marill please...)

2. Nighttarga

Nighttarga Member

go with wailmer, when it evolves to wailord you can just crush anything.

3. M4zz

M4zz Banned

I'd say your 5 best bets are:

-Swampert
    -Ludicolo
    -Sharpedo
    -Wailord
    -Crawdawnt
    -Milotic

I'd personally recommend Sharpedo or Wailord. Both are decent offensive Pokemon, and can bring a lot to a team. Just more or less depends on your preference.

4. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Answered so going to close. Use the questions/help thread sticky next time, or the in-game team rate section we have too.

(I'd personally say Ludicolo).

5. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Answered so going to close. Use the questions/help thread sticky next time, or the in-game team rate section we have too.

(I'd personally say Ludicolo).

6. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

Swampert/Milotic/Sharpedo.

7. frenky

frenky Champion

best is swampert , but if you did not choose him as a starter, so I recommend gyarados or Milotic

8. EnragedSwalot

EnragedSwalot Well-Known Member

Milotic is really strong. I also like Sharpedo. Crawdaunt I don't recommend, I used him on my ruby and he sucked. Ludicolo is a good choice too.

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

I'd recommend Lotad or Corphish

10. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

Starmie or Milotic. Starmie can learn many elemental moves, such as Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.

11. Steven Curran

Steven Curran Pokémon Irish Green

Swampert or Ludicolo

12. HiddenAgenda

HiddenAgenda Tobias

Catch a Horsea, evolve it to Seadra and then evolve it to Kingdra. Now you can use both Dragon AND Water type moves with it. :)

13. AceFlonne

AceFlonne Mediator

he said hoenn only, The horsea line is kanto and johto

I suggest you use ludicolo or walrein

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  14. HiddenAgenda

HiddenAgenda Tobias

You can catch a Horsea in Hoenn mate. The OP did not make clear if he wanted to use the Hoenn 'line' or use the Pokemon IN Hoenn.

"Only Hoenn Pokemon allowed..." means different to different people.

EDIT: You should also look at other people's post who have recommended 'Magikarp/Gyarados'. You know which line Gyarados is from? Yea...I hope you're smart enough to figure that one out...

15. HiddenAgenda

HiddenAgenda Tobias

Hahah...now you need to be corrected mate...he said "i already used Walrein (which was reallly EPIC)... but i dont want to use it again..."

What does that mean? It means he doesn't want to use Walrein. Clear? It better be.

16. Draco.

Draco. Dragon Master.

its just my opinion but i would go for Azumarill :3

its bad, but if you like water type go for Azumarill and make it good :9

17. Ferrin

Ferrin Easily Lost

none of you have recommended chinchou?? feebas are tough too

18. 36squid

36squid ISingTheBodyElectric

I would go with Sharpedo as the dark moves can beat several strong trainers in the game

19. The Pokémon I recommend:

1. Swampert
    2. Milotic
    3. Wailord
    4. Sharpedo
    5. Walrein

20. ShinyUmbreon189

ShinyUmbreon189 RealTalkRealFlow

I've experimented with all different types and got lot's of experience with it so I'm gonna give you my opinions and why.
    1. Sharpedo; it's got really high physical attack and fairly high Sp. Atk and Speed but terrible defense and Sp. Def so he can't take lots of damage. He's a good choice for his Dark/Water mix and has rough skin ability meaning if Pokemon dos a physical attack on you they lose a little bit of health.

2. Swampert; Swampert is probably the best one you can get for it's high Physical attack. It's got good defense and Sp. Def with decent Sp. Atk but lacks speed. It's a very good choice tho because it's immune to electric Pokemon.

3. Milotic; it's got really high Sp. Atk and Sp. Def but terrible attack with below average Defense and decent Speed. It's more of a Special sweeper and also a Special defensive wall making it another good choice.

4. Wailord: It's got good Atk and Sp. Atk but really bad defense and Sp. Def not really good speed but lot's of HP to make up for it's terrible defense. It will take lots of hits before it's done giving you plenty of time to take down your opponent's Pokemon.

Of course there's Walrein but you don't wanna use it again and Castform's ok I guess. I know you said nothing but Hoenn but believe it or not Tentacruel is a good choice. I've used all Pokemon and imo they are the best ones you can get in Emerald.