• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Watership Down

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Has anybody read this book? My teacher last year made us read it, and everyone was mad because it was "a book about bunnies." I ended up falling in love with this book at the end of Part 1. Even my friend got pretty interested in it. It's now because one of my favorite books.

Was anyone surprised at how El-ahrairah showed up at the end taking Hazel to his Owsla? I was so surprised. And I thought it was not just a beautiful moment, but I also loved how Richard Adams didn't mention El-ahrairah specifically, instead using his starlight ears to inform us who he was. I thought this moment was so beautiful, I actually started tearing up.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I've never read the book, but I've seen the film. It is funny that people always think that because it's about rabbits it's going to be really childish, but then they get into it and just get a massive shock about how wrong they are- what with the deaths and everything.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I'm reading it at the moment. It's really good, and I love those rabbits...
What part are you at?

I've never read the book, but I've seen the film. It is funny that people always think that because it's about rabbits it's going to be really childish, but then they get into it and just get a massive shock about how wrong they are- what with the deaths and everything.
Yeah, it's definitely not for little kids (Ex. Kehaar's language). Really, I was shocked that none of the group died. At first, when I was that interested in it, I thought that there were way to many and some needed to be killed off, but I pretty much love them all now. It was a pretty violent book with a few deaths. I think the biggest character that died was Vervain, and he really wasn't that big of a character. It would be Woundwort, but it was never confirmed.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
OMG I love this book tis my fav book of all time! :D
Though defenetely unexpected for those who are told it's a book about bunnies :p

Oh, and about the final part:
It's not El Ahraira that comes to take away Hazel, but the Black Rabbit of Inlè

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
OMG I love this book tis my fav book of all time! :D
Though defenetely unexpected for those who are told it's a book about bunnies :p

Oh, and about the final part:
It's not El Ahraira that comes to take away Hazel, but the Black Rabbit of Inlè
In the movie, it's the Black Rabbit, but in the book it's El-ahrairah. Remember the story where El-ahrairah has his ears, whiskers, and tail cut off? After that, Frith give him a new set of each, but he put starlight in the ears. That's how Hazel recognized him in the end: from the story Dandelion told.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
In the movie, it's the Black Rabbit, but in the book it's El-ahrairah. Remember the story where El-ahrairah has his ears, whiskers, and tail cut off? After that, Frith give him a new set of each, but he put starlight in the ears. That's how Hazel recognized him in the end: from the story Dandelion told.

Ending:
Oh, I checked it right now and you're right. I didn't really connect the story to when it sais the "stranger"s ears were shining of a pale silverlight....

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Ending:
Oh, I checked it right now and you're right. I didn't really connect the story to when it sais the "stranger"s ears were shining of a pale silverlight....
The same thing happened to me at another part of the book.

When Strawberry's doe Nildrohain died, I didn't pick up on that. I was actually mad at him for some time for just leaving her like that with Cowslip. Later, my teacher told me that she had been snared and that's why Strawberry went with the group. I just hadn't been reading carefully (people were talking when I read it..... ).

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Definitely a great book. If anyone has ever seen Donnie Darko they mention it (shares quite a few themes also).