1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Watt's With Wattson? (316)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Watt's With Wattson?!

Ash & Co. are finally in Mauville City and Ash intends to challenge Wattson in the gym. However Pikachu gets struck by a large Electric field and is over-electrified. Will it survive?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. I think that Mr. Wattson should have taken back the badge when Ash wanted to give him it back because the battle was totally unfair because Pikachu was over-charged. I know that they do have a re-match later on but they should have had one the next episode.

3. Ok ep! And the uk got is before america, about a month or a half. Agreed Pokemonisgr8 but there rematch is cool but Torkoal lost! (Still Crying!! wa!!)

4. vulpix

vulpix Guest

i kinda thought that Ash cheated even though he didn't know that Pikachu was stronger than usual cause it got hit by a electric field.

5. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

It's interesting how a total wipeout from Pikachu could damage Wattson's confidence so much. It made for a pretty interesting episode, and at least it was different than most gym battles. It's funny too how Pikachu began and ended the season hooked up to the same electricity machine. I do like the second Wattson episode better, mostly because I liked Team Rocket with their carnival and May's battle with Watt, but this episode had some great dramatics I liked too.

6. Kabuto

Kabuto little punks!

That gym battle rocked because it was hilarious. I'm glad he finally refaced Wattson in a later episode, but I wish he had won that battle so he earned his badge fairly oh well. (And people say Ash's kanto gym badges were pity badges)

7. JONNO.FRESH

JONNO.FRESH Well-Known Member

Meh. One of the gym battles i didnt like. It felt like the writters couldnt be bothered to think up a good battle

8. Some_Random_Person

Some_Random_Person Abort, Retry, Fail?

Wattson should've taken the badge back. I think it would've taken ages before Ash is able beat Wattson fairly. I expected a fair battle.

9. Should have been a better battle, Wattson was overkilled a little too quickly

10. DaDonYordel

DaDonYordel The Gazing Eye

lol a clean sweep, the last time I saw Ash did one was in that the Kanto Pokemon League with Kingler..

Too bad for Wattson, being depressed after being haxxed..

11. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

Finally saw this!

The clean sweep was so boring and rather dumb. That was way to much overkill. I wish Ash had at least started with Treecko, had it defeated and then used Pikachu, at least it would have been longer.

12. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

It's an okay episode it could have been better. it was interesting watching Ash sweep a gym leader with Uberchu, and it was nice to see a gym leaders confidence shaken by being swept, but they should have split this episode into with Ash having a proper rematch at the Mauville Gym and winning his badge fairly instead of Wattson giving it to him reminds me of early Kanto with Brock & Misty's sisters giving Ash a for either saving a gym or being kind to Pokemon. Nice seeing Electrike one of my favorite Hoen Pokemon ti was very well animated and it's voice was pretty cool to.

13. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

seeing that overcharded pikachu screenshot in the first post kinds reminds me of electroshock therapy instead of the episode itself:p

anyway, it was a nice episode with a shocking battle so to say, i'll give it a 9/10.

14. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

This episode will go down in infamy: the day Ash swept a Gym Battle.

Seriously, that was awesome. I wish that would happen more XD Sometimes they just drag out those Gym matches, y'know?

Awesome! Yeah.

15. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Pokémon Sun!

This match wss cheap because Ash won with an overpowered Pokemon good thing they had a rematch!

16. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

I don't like how Pikachu won so easily. But it was cool to see a broken spirited gym leader.

17. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Wattson is my fave Gym leader...but Pikachu took the winning goal to easy

18. Champion Jared 14

Champion Jared 14 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think we can all agree that this was one of the easiest matches for Ash, even though his pikachu was ill and had an "uber" moment.

19. Eastlight

Eastlight East

This is my favorite season 6 episode so far.
    The pikachu sweep was so refreshing. I though it was another pedestrian gym battle, and guess what happened!
    It is ok to see such a deviating plot in a while, well, to be exact, this will be the first and the last time.
    I was so excited to see pikachu's sweeping the entire team. I thought it was how it suppose to be when pikachu has been fighting and training for such a long time.
    Anyway, it was full with great freshness

20. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

They were need to do a rematch, but 3 on 3, not 1 on 1....