• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Watt's With Wattson? (316)

Torpoleon

They were need to do a rematch, but 3 on 3, not 1 on 1....
The match technically was 3 on 3. Pikachu just creamed all the Pokemon because it had too much electricity in it. It had too much electricity because of a Raikou Robot earlier in the episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Horrible. I don't know why the writers didn't add a rematch since Pikachu was too powerful due to the incident near the start of this episode that powered it up. Wattson was too much of a pushover in the Hoenn region, period. I liked the Raikou robot though, that was something cool to add to this episode. At least Ash and Co. know what a Raikou looks like now. This gets a 3/10.

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This Gym battle was the absolute worst. But IMO, Ash won that badge fair and square because it was Wattson's fault that Pikachu got all extra powerful in the first place. Terrible episode.

saar

Shiny Flygon
The gym battle was the worst in Hoenn, unfortunately.
But I pretty enjoyed to see how Pikachu has managed to bacome healthy, and how Wattson has captured the Electrike. He did the best in the gym battle and he was not guilty. Well done.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Epic sweeping session. I felt bad for Wattson but at least he and Ash had a rematch later on.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Goob job on Pikachu's part sweeping an entire gym leader team, even if it was due to an over charge of electricity.

G50

No longer posting
This is the 1 gym battle I really didn't like. Ash only won because Pikachu was way overcharged for the gym battle to defeat Voltorb, Magneton, and Magnemite. It was sad to see Wattson so shaken after being defeated badly by Ash. I think Wattson should've taken the badge back after Ash tried to give it back after feeling bad about the whole gym battle. It was really cool seeing Electrike for the 1st time. It's really cute!

.9/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was ( I don't know a word to descripe it) I thought it was absolutly pathetic for Ash to completly own Wattson. I thought it was cheap and very unfair. It was sad to see Wattson sad but it was also nice to see him make a friend in Electrike.

Blessed

Ash's first free badge without having to work hard for it I didn't like how the writers didn't want Ash to have a rematch with Wattson. I felt sorry for him to be honest. He was so sad after being defeated badly by Ash. If there was a rematch this episode would have been a great one thunder vs thunder but instead no its bad. & I'm happy that the audience agrees because it's the truth.

Well, this battle completely sucked. Yay.

It didn't suck. Did Ash force Wattson to put these damn Raikou in his Gym?

I'm not saying Wattson didn't deserve it. He did. That doesn't make the battle any better though.

Vernikova

Champion
This battle was great solely because it was a sweep. Really, these are the kinds of battles that need to come every once in a while just to differ from other battles. Not every battle on this show can be Ash vs Blaine or Brawly. We need a few Wattson's and Crasher Wake's for the hell of it. A great episode and it's more memorable than other gym battles in the region such as Juan's and Flannery's.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Oh come on, it wasn't as bad as most Kanto gym battles where he didn't even win or in a lot of cases finish the battle yet he still got the badge.

Pikachu being super-powered and winning the match for Ash was amusing, though I was glad Ash lost in a later episode in a rematch.

7threst

The last episode from Advanced and I really enjoyed Watson and his character. I think this badge was fairly won and here's why: When Ash overcharged his Pikachu during the Pewter City gym battle, he did it intentionally and the gym's interior had nothing do with it. Thus it was more or less an pity badge. This gym battle had the same deal, but slightly different: Ash's Pikachu was overcharged too this time, but it happened unintentionally and only Watson should be put to blame on for placing something like that in the gym in the first place.

Now, I did like how Watson later returned and how this episode was not primarily focused on the gym battle, but on the gym leader itself.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I liked the Gym battle in this episode because I found it hilarious watching overcharged Pikachu just one-shot everything. I would have liked it if Wattson's strength as a Gym Leader had been shown off more, but overall it doesn't bother me that Ash's win was cheap or whatever.

I like Wattson a lot. His personality is great IMO and I loved the traps in his Gym. He was also very funny when he said that the robot Raikou reminded him of his sixth grade teacher. Speaking of the robot Raikou, I remember thinking it was real initially back when I first saw this episode. :O

Glad to see that the Electrike stayed with Wattson.