• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Watt's With Wattson? (316)

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
While this was an alright episode, the writers completely wasted what could have been an epic gym battle between Ash and Wattson.
This just felt like filler to me...

Jimmy Ray

Banned
I was mad that Pikachu beat Wattson's pokemon so easy. I wanted a longer battle and I wanted to see Ash's other pokemon battle too so this episode was one of the least favourite episodes from the AG era. I liked the Raikou robot tho. :)

While I do agree it was Wattson's own fault Pikachu got so overcharged because of the Raikou robot, I still wish he put up more of a fight during the gym battle.
When Ash won the badge that easily, I was thinking "Are you effing kidding me? Really?"

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I loved that Wattson's Gym was basically a huge funhouse, and even though I disliked how Ash beat him, watching Pikachu solo'ing Wattson's Electric Pokemon was oddly satisfying in my view. Wattson bonding with that cute Electrike was nice and I wish that Ash and Wattson had had a rematch here to determine the real Gym battle winner. Alas.

phanpycross

God-king
This was such a copout, I know writing a convincing gym battle against wattson wpuld be impossible, but just overcharging pikachu seems really lazy to me.

I remember watching this episode, I actually really liked it. It was definitely different than the other gym battles with Ash pulling off a clean sweep (with a super charged Pikachu albeit) and Wattson losing his confidence and seeing a gym leader get a new Pokemon in an episode. An actual rematch would have been ideal for the next episode and would have been cool, but I'm satisfied with the plot in this episode.

I also imagine this is how powerful Pikachu would be if he was exposed to a light ball. And let's be honest, even if Pikachu was level 100, Pikachu would still be trash.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
After being initially excited to see how Ash would defeat Wattson, I was sad that he swept Wattson's whole team. I liked how Wattson caught Electrike however, I just wish Ash hadn't won the Dynamo badge so easily.

Gillachu

Banned
Lol at Wattson getting trolled by Pikachu. For such a pathetic and fast Gym match, I still liked Wattson's personality.

JudySpell

Banned
I wish the Raikou machine had been a real Raikou instead. Pikachu sweeping Wattson's whole team seemed highly unfair to Wattson. 6.5/10

Zamin

Pikachu was ace in battle! It was unfair though but Ash proved his rigour fending off Team Rocket. I can't believe I've come to the end of this series.

The Electrike was really cute, I normally don't like them ingame as they pop up at annoying times but this one was cute and it was nice to see it befriend Wattson. It was funny when TR were scared to go in the building

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Pikachu was ace in battle! It was unfair though but Ash proved his rigour fending off Team Rocket. I can't believe I've come to the end of this series.

It was completely unfair on Ash's part since his Pikachu was essentially doped up on steroids from that Raikou bot. That's what ruined the Gym battle here for most viewers.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I had a bad feeling when Satoshi first arrived at the Kinsetsu Gym that we'd be finished with Kinsetsu City fast, and unfortunately it was true. Pikachu massacring Tessen's Coil, Biriridama, and Rarecoil was an irksome plot device, although I did like how we saw Tessen mope around and keep that wild Rakurai by the end at least.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In a cynical sort of way, it was basically Tessen's fault that Pikachu received that electrical increase since he was the one who had set up the Raikou bot in the Kinsetsu Gym. So him being defeated was due to his own folly.

Cíconne

Banned
I think it would've taken ages before Ash is able to actually beat Wattson fairly. I expected a fair battle here. I wish Ash had at least started with Treecko.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's too bad that we didn't get Satoshi versus Tessen round two in this episode, which seemed like something that should've happened to make Tessen seem like less of a pushover.

This is the most unsatisfying gym battle ever. Pikachu sweeping just felt cheap. I love seeing Electrike though.
Honestly, Wattson should have just had an Electrike from the beginning. (Hoenn has barely any electric types too wtf) So here are the teams:
Wattson: Magneton/Electrode, Electrike, Flaaffy (similar to his Emerald team)
Ash: Aron, Treecko, Pikachu

Soniman

Break the Limit
Sometimes I think about this battle and how the writers and animators really didn’t feel like giving Ash a proper gym match here so an artificial sweep it was. Leaving Ash with only seven real Hoenn gym battles , to twist the knife even further Ash straight up says the gym battle wasn’t fair and tried giving the badge back and Wattson was fine with it anyway. Really not sure what they were thinking here