1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Wax on, Wax off.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ??????, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ??????

?????? That guy.

You remember that? Yeah, from Karate Kid. A new one is on its way to theaters on June 11. It stars Jakie Chan as Mr. Miyagi and Jaden Smith (Will Smith's kid) as the Karate Kid.

Trailer

Apparently, they change the while story up and instead of learning Karate, he learns Kung Fu. And instead of moving LA, he moves to China. But the basic concept is still similar.

Is anyone exited for this? Disappointed? I am on the fence, the movie without Mr. Miyagi just won't be the same.

2. Mariya Shidou

Mariya Shidou Banned

I can only think one thing right now, and that is that they certainly are remaking a lot of stuff lately. I was never a big fan of The Karate Kid, so this won't really affect me.

3. interstellas

interstellas Banned

It could be good but not great as the original one.

4. FEEPtheFlareon

FEEPtheFlareon Crazy but not insane

I've never seen the first one. I might see it this time, but I bet there are going to be a lot of changes.

5. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

I thought they said wax on wax off on one of the Ninja Turtle movies?

6. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

I knew this would be about the stupid remake. I did not know though that it would be this stupid.

7. ??????

?????? That guy.

Yeah, I've heard that a lot of people don't like the remake. Why not? I've watched the original, and though it won't live up to it, it still sounds nice to me.

The waxing is from Karate Kid. His training was waxing cars.

8. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

I never cared for the originals, really, though I like guys like the original Miyagi. Anywho, I'm a Jackie Chan fan too, so I'll consider seeing it just for that purpose, I guess.

9. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

I never cared for the originals, really, though I like guys like the original Miyagi. Anywho, I'm a Jackie Chan fan too, so I'll consider seeing it just for that purpose, I guess.

10. Dattebayo

Dattebayo Banned

I haven't seen the original movies yet, but I do know the main theme song. I'll be expecting more people making posts about how this is going to stink and complain that Hollywood is running out of ideas.

11. Penguinist Trainer

Penguinist Trainer Well-Known Member

I liked the original movies, but I'll still give the new movie a chance. I don't understand why it would be called the Karate kid if he's learning kung fu. i am happy that they're not just going to be calling jackie chan "mr. miyagi". pat morita is kind of a hard person to replace in my opinion.

12. Narutopokedude

Narutopokedude ← currently hunting

I should probably watch the original before I start complaining about how bad the remake is. Although, I don't plan on seeing either.

13. abraxas

abraxas Words.

Eh, I'm not going to compare this to the original. So, from what I've seen from the previews, this movie is going to bomb, and bomb hard. There's nothing really appealing to it, nothing remotely interesting. In the long run, it would have been better off as a straight to DVD movie. I'll be surprised if it even makes it in the top ten on the boxoffice list that week.

14. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Before they revealed the cast I just knew Jackie Chan was going to be the master guy.

15. theforgottensoldier

theforgottensoldier divide and conquer!

Looks like it has potential to be a good movie i just hope it isn't too cheesy. Would of liked to have seen Ralph Macchio(original karate kid) play a part in the movie but that doesn't seem like it will be the case. But Jacki Chan FTW!

16. Larris

Larris Barney Stinson!

you just gotta love jackie chan, so that's why i'll probably see it. even though i haven't seen the original. ;D

17. dawn hater

dawn hater Well-Known Member

Well I have seen all four movies and Hillary Swank's one wasn't that nice maybe due to repetitive story. Mr. Miyagi would still be doing this role if he hadn't died. Guess we have to get used to Jackie Chan now.
    But one question, isn't Kung Fu too much tough compared to Karate? How will they pull it off?

18. Matthew Platinum

Matthew Platinum I Live For This.

I'm kind of upset with this remake. The original was so good and iconic.

19. Overdose_On_Life

Overdose_On_Life n(zero)12

Old news. Never cared for the older movies, and most likely, won't care for the remake.

20. TheFamilyDisease

TheFamilyDisease Carnifex

I'm going to see this only because Jackie Chan is in it. I hope the movie isn't total garbage :/