• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Way to connect my Switch and my laptop to one monitor

Hello,

First time poster here.

I wanted to ask if there is an easy way to connect two devices to one monitor. I only have space for 1 HDMI cable input on the monitor. I heard of splitters but not sure how that works. Is there a device that lets me chose when to switch to the laptop and when to the other device (switch)?

The info i can see online is a bit too confusing for what i want to accomplish

Thanks

BCVM22

You want an HD switcher. It's a small box that routes multiple HD inputs into a single input and switches between them with the use of a remote and/or on-unit buttons. Search that term on your retail outlet of choice.

BCVM22

I have seldom if ever switched between devices on my HD switcher mid-use enough to know if there is any lag of any sort. I generally only use one device at a time.