1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Way to stop people from using 'Ubers' on WiFi

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by EifiBurakki, Jul 12, 2007.

1. SimChao

SimChao The Furret Fanatic

Chesto Berry blocks sleep for one turn, which is about the best you can hope for against Darkrai without an Insomnia user.

And occasionally, you will come across Electivires packing Hidden Power Grass. Does that mean Swampert is not an Electivire counter?

Pokemon are built to counter their own counters these days, so just because a Darkrai user can predict a Primeape switch and hit it with different attack does not mean that Primeape can't be considered a Darkrai counter. Gengar is also capable of predicting a Blissey switch and Focus Punching it, yet that doesn't stop people from switching Blissey into Gengar.

Darkrai has no comprehensive counter per sey, but Primeape has the right attributes to be one, if used properly.

And a side note; Please ease up on the hysterical bullshit you noob, thanks.

2. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

For the record, I think Pokémon Stadium 2 had something like this. I fiddled with the settings for multiplayer before, and it looks like you're allowed to exclude specific Pokémon from your VS fights.

3. Naxte

Naxte Well-Known Member

Interesting. Perhaps there is a chance that something similar will be implemented in the future then.

4. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

Perhaps. It would have benefited PBR very much. I'll bet that Nintendo will do it in the future, now that they know what these kids like to use to annoy people into oblivion.

5. Haruka_Ash

Haruka_Ash Well-Known Member

well i dont care if they use legendarys but seeing most of the ppl at least have 3 well that make me sad XD i beat almos all legendary users but still is anoyying

6. Freakshow

Freakshow Jibaku

There's a difference. Swampert can't counter Electivire if it has HP Grass, so Swampert isn't considered a counter when one appears. If Electivire doesn't have HP Grass, then Swampert can counter it. However, Chesto Berry is AN ITEM. Chesto only works once, and most of the time you'd be forced to sacrifice a reliable item just to "stop" Darkrai. Yes, Chesto is sometimes seen on 3v3 resters, although that also menas you can't rest well after immediately absorbing a Dark Void.

A counter can come in without being really threatened, and threaten the other guy off. Now tell me if Primeape can switch into Darkrai without losing over half of its health.

Calculations:
    Mixed Darkrai
    A 350 SA Life Orbed Thunder does 82%-97%
    A 254 Attack Life Orbed Darkrai Focus Punch: 84%-99%

Dark Pulse is half of Thunder, which nearly knocks Primeape down to half health. Next time he comes in, Darkrai could easily outpredict him and do something to destroy it

Special attacking Darkrai
    369 SA Thunderbolt/Ice Beam to Primeape: 53%-64%

Forget switching into him. He can only switch in once

Another thing I'd mention is that Primeape doesn't do anything else besides stop Darkrai, making him quite a bit of a dead weight since fighting types aren't all that good in ubers and Choiced Close Combat is simply asking for Rayquaza to set up on you.

339 Attack STABed Close Combat against Rayquaza: 29%-34%
    Yeah, Ray doesn't have problems coming in and really just set up on this.

7. Blatsman

Blatsman I wonder if I stay ?

Why should Manaphi be uber? Because his total base stats equal those of NONubers like T-Tar, Metagross, and Salamance? Or because of his ability which is just avarage compared to Sandstream ? Or due to his movepool which i not insanely high either.

Yes, Manaphi is strong but so is T-Tar. AllOU's are strong and just because he is legend doesn't mean he should be uber. Actually, Unown is a legend. He is called a legendary pokemon in the anime so he is a legend!

8. Blatsman

l know why you beat those uber teams often.
    Uber pokemon may be far stronger than regulair pokemon, but most uber users are noobs.
    So that power that the ubers have is far greater than the power that your pokemon have but your inteligence is far greater than your opponents inteligence. Yes, most of the times the uber teams are weak because their weakness is the dumbness of the one who uses them.

9. Black Hawk

Black Hawk ready to strike

your an idiot. people will never stop cloning, using ubers or hacking, so stop coming up with the most ridiculous "solutions" to attempt and solve that.

10. Biechae

Biechae Well-Known Member

I just faced someone on wi-fi who had a mew,jirachi,raquaza,giratina,kyogre and a palkia.:(

11. RobertoWii

RobertoWii Active Member

I think that people with UBERS on pbr wifi mode should battle with another person with UBERS. I dont want to use them, but some people just make me use them. Its no fun to get beated by a guy with just UBERS. I really hope nintendo changes that.

12. Blatsman

Yeah, a system that makes uber users facing ubers users.
    Using ubers against ubers is fair but when you use them against OU you just lack skill.... l hate people who use ubers to make up for their lack of skill....

13. RobertoWii

RobertoWii Active Member

Its true. Ubers are way stronger that normal pokemon, and people just think they are good when they are using them.

14. Black Diaruga

Black Diaruga Chahuistle

I dont think forefitting when an uber shows up will make people stop using them. Actually, I dont think anything of what we do will stop uber users. If we forefit when one appears, they will think that their Pokémon are scaring us so they will continue to use them, as SimChao already stated. If we beat their ubers with regular Pokémon, they may realize that the strenght alone of ubers is not an instant win, but I just thought: What if they just think "I need stronger legends"?
    They will just change their teams for other pokémon that just look stronger but will not stop using teams full of ubers.
    But if they cant learn that uber pokémon are not an instant win, then you dont need to worry about those uber users because even if they have stronger Pokémon, they dont know how to win using them.
    And if they only use ubers, I doubt they know about effort points.

15. Haruka_Ash

Haruka_Ash Well-Known Member

sadly they know about effort points they are pokesav generated with same ID and same OT and benefical nature

16. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

It's a lose-lose situation...

If you quit when you face off against one, they'll thikn you're scared, and they'll keep using them to continue to get the satisfaction of winning and, more importantly, the satisfaction of superiority over you.

If you beat them using ordinary Pokémon, they might be tempted to train ordinary Pokémon too, since you've just beaten them with these ordinary Pokémon. On the other hand, some might be tempted instead to hack their Pokémon, which gets through the PBR filters too easily--that is, if they can't beat you the normal way, they're going to cheat to make you pay. Anyone who's beated someone at school at something (chess, swirlies, whatever), then got ganged up on by his/her entire group as revenge can personally understand what I mean.

17. chorusco

chorusco Well-Known Member

I Dont Think This Will Stop People From Using Ubers

18. Blatsman

No. You can always use ubers as well, just take three ubers and three normals with you, when you see that the opponent is an uber noob, uber battle him! Uber vs Uber is not noob, that is fair because an uber is as strong as an uber so no1 will get an unfir advantage.

And when the opponent has no ubers, use your OU so you can battle in your favorite metagame!

Problem solved! Next please!

19. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

I've tried that, it doesn't work. I had a team with 3 ubers and 3 OU and allot of the people I fought gave up on the first turn. (Evan when I only used the OU pokemon) I evan made a topic about it HERE.

20. Blatsman

It does work. Those people who forfeit are just dumb noobs, but it DOES make it more fair.

BTW, can't you just turn your game of when someone uses ubers? They get no win that way.