• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ways to tell if a pokemon is hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vistress

Shiny Hunter
If a Pokemon has a Japanese nickname, but the OT is an English name...
It's not a hack, is it?
The Master ball makes me uneasy, but at the same time... it -is- a legendary.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Lugia, masterball.shiny, Hoenn, Lv73 Xp:1250000 OT: Adrian.
Stats: (in order):350,222,266,220,345,257. Ability: Pressure
Attacks:Giga drain, aero blast, sky attack, ice beam.
Ribbons: Champion ribbon, sinnoh champ ribbon.
Like the Aurora Ticket, the Mystic Ticket was never released after Emerald's release, except in Japan. Therefore, any Lugia, Ho-oh, or Deoxys arriving from Hoenn without an event ID, must have a nickname and OT with a maximum of 5 charicters. Since the OT of the Lugia has 6 charicters, the original owner had to hack to catch it.

The Lugia may not be Japanese, so it can have a maximum of 7 characters for the OT name...

And as I seem to keep saying, you can send your GBA game paks to Nintendo to have the relevant tickets downloaded, so in other words, you can have the Mystic/Aurora Ticket on the US version of Emerald.

Oh, and the Japanese version can use English text, but the font it slightly different than the English versions...

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
I stand corrected then. However, is it possible to send your game in to get the Old Sea Chart as well, or could you only get the Aurora/Mystic Ticket?

If you happen to live in Japan, then yeah...
But otherwise, you can only get the tickets that were released through Events that happened in your country.

So, Japan should be able to get the Aurora, Eon and Mystic Tickets, as well as the Old Sea Map...
US can get the Aurora, Eon, and Mystic Tickets...
And those in the UK can get the Aurora and Eon Tickets...

I *believe* that is all correct...

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
You are. For me I used AR to get them since none of the events were near me.

Palm211

Weird Guy
Are these pokemon legitimate or hacked? I got these pokemon off the GTS. I am somewhat certain the jirachi is but I don't know about the celebi

Jirachi
Nickname: JIRACHI
OT: WISHMKR
ID No: 20043
level 5 arrived at level 5
exp. 156 to next level 114
caught in pokeball
No ribbons

Celebi
Ot: In japanese
ID No: 60720
Nickname:I don't know, it is japanese.
Level 10 arrived at level 10
exp. 560 to next level 182
Caught in pokeball
No ribbons

Are these pokemon legitimate or hacked? I got these pokemon off the GTS. I am somewhat certain the jirachi is but I don't know about the celebi

Jirachi
Nickname: JIRACHI
OT: WISHMKR
ID No: 20043
level 5 arrived at level 5
exp. 156 to next level 114
caught in pokeball
No ribbons

Celebi
Ot: In japanese
ID No: 60720
Nickname:I don't know, it is japanese.
Level 10 arrived at level 10
exp. 560 to next level 182
Caught in pokeball
No ribbons

They are both legitimate Events...

The Celebi is known as the 'Mitsurin' Celebi I believe, or something to that extent anyways...

latios reborn

i think i got a couple of hacked. well i have a shiny ho-oh from hoenn with an id number of 00000.

and i got a lugia that is 10anni so is that hacekd or from somewhere where they don't like "v"?

HypermanEX

The Ownage Trainer
Lol how are they hacked?

Gangsta for life

0de13f91d6ef8e8be5a230bec3670469.png

Proud owner of ;493;;492;;491;;386-a;;386-d;:club:

Yeah motherchukkas!

HypermanEX

The Ownage Trainer
and lugia and ho-oh

All the legendaries posted are lv 100 =p

@ latios reborn: Yes, I don't belive that it's possible to have an ID of 00000, so the Ho-oh is hacked.

And you're right about the Lugia, it should be either 10 ANIV, 10ANIV, 10ANNIV, or 10JAHRE if it is a legitimate 10th Anniversary Event.

~*Sailor Satun*~

*~*Water Prince*~*
Well, I got something weird on the GTS...

An Electivire.

Cherish Ball, in Japanese, don't remember the OT(I think it was 111 something) and it said it met at a Pokemon event.

What is it?

That sounds like the 'Strongest' Electivire...

I think it is a new Event Poke'mon, but I am not 100% certain if it is official or fan-made.
Though I have a feeling that it is official, however:]

Larry

i dony know if this pokemon is hacked because i got a lv. 5 japanese bagon withan id. no. 00000

Tatortot

Yessssss, master!
I got a hacked Typhlosion of the GTS, but it was for a totodile I breeded, so. . .
I can tell it was hacked because it says it was met at Lake Verity at LV. 98.
Why 98? If your going to hack, hack it all the way up to level 100, sheesh.

Okay, a while ago I got a Jirachi off of the GTS that I didn't, and still don't, know anything about...
But now I have obtained a Celebi from the GTS, which also bears the OT/ID, that the Jirachi has.

Now either these were hacked by the same person, or they are from the same Event...
If anyone can help, then I would like to know which it is;P

JIRACHI
Level:5, UT
Ball type:Standard red/white.
'Mild' nature.
OT:Japanese, appears to be 3 symbols. Blue coloured.
ID:56099
'Kanto'
'Arrived at Lv. 5.'
No Ribbons.

CELEBI
Level:10, UT
Ball type:Standard red/white.
'Impish' nature.
OT:Japanese, completely identical to Jirachi.
ID:56099, Again, same as Jirachi.
'Kanto'
'Arrived at Lv. 10.'
No Ribbons.

If possible, I will try and post a photo of them later, so you can see it's OT...
It would be helpful if someone was able to translate and/or identify them for me;)

unown?

ghost freak
some guy sent me a sableye that looses a level every so often. i got it at 100, it is now 87. what's even more fishy about it is that it has wonderguard and attacks like spacial rend, fire blast, hydropump and blizzard. useless if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.