• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ways to tell if a pokemon is hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
ID number:14775 and OT:ash egg obtained in sandgem town

No, i'm pretty certain that it is a hack:[
It was clearly obtained in-game by the player, and it is impossible to have an egg-hatched Pokémon in a luxury Ball.

To me, it looks like a Pokémon made with the 'Pokésav' program...

Ginji

Hmm
No, i'm pretty certain that it is a hack:[
It was clearly obtained in-game by the player, and it is impossible to have an egg-hatched Pokémon in a luxury Ball.

To me, it looks like a Pokémon made with the 'Pokésav' program...

soo should i release it or keep it?

Starrbuck06

I saw a video on youtube, the mystery zone came up when a guy walked through a wall with a cheat device, and you get the egg from daycare couple and hatched wherever you are at the time the egg hatches. In this case in a wall or somewhere from the main routes or places.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (so much post, near 707).

But Jirachi OT would be CHANNEL if you got it from Pokemon Channel, and you can get it from Pokemon Colloseum (US version?).

HO-OH Would be your OT met at lv. 70 navel rock or MATTLE, Pokemon Colloseum.
Lugia, is @Lv. 70, Navel Rock. Your OT.
Lugia also your OT Citadark Isle, or met from distant lands? Or something.

And most would use a "pokeball", none hacked may be a master ball or something.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
@Azure Hunter, Ho-oh and Lugia that are caught at navel rock or whatever them locations are, they would say Hoenn, followed by what level once it is D/P.

If you have a Ho-oh, Deoxys, or any non-sinnoh legends in D/P that the locations say EXACLY where they came from are hacked (Navel Rock, Route [whatever] etc), because once you migrate them over there locations change (Hoenn, Kanto, Distant Land etc).

hello moto

Top of the morning
i took my Jirachi as a legit one, but i did get a shiny Dialga (japanese one) Lv 100, holding Adament orb, impish nature for a hacked celebi i recieved form the GTs. It looks real but I can't seem to figure out why would sumone give their shiny dialga, getting it after a million SR's. It could be cloned but i am still suspicious.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
i took my Jirachi as a legit one, but i did get a shiny Dialga (japanese one) Lv 100, holding Adament orb, impish nature for a hacked celebi i recieved form the GTs. It looks real but I can't seem to figure out why would sumone give their shiny dialga, getting it after a million SR's. It could be cloned but i am still suspicious.

Well, it probably is cloned. It could well be LEGIT and maybe they needed a jirachi for there pokedex or they were just searching for a competitve one.

Well remember that the person who traded you the Dialga over the GTS, may not have been the original owner...
It is more likely that the OT traded it with someone, then the new owner cloned and redistributed it.

It may be hacked, but then it may not. Based on minimal information, it is impossible to say...
I would imagine though, that it has been cloned.
Most decent Pokémon that come from the GTS, are;]

Have you checked to see if it has any EVs using the EV-reducing Berries?

hello moto

Top of the morning
Yeah, I'll take it as a real Dialga, but it has crap stats, Whoever it was who trained didn't know how to raise such a precious pokemon (I think it was raised in the Daycare centre). It has no EVs, except for Defense and HP, not fully though =( . A good trophy.

hello moto

Top of the morning
Yeah one more thing, If you get a pokemon saying " arrived from Distant Land at Lv 100", is it hacked or is it from another game like Stadium.

Yeah, I'll take it as a real Dialga, but it has crap stats, Whoever it was who trained didn't know how to raise such a precious pokemon (I think it was raised in the Daycare centre). It has no EVs =( . A good trophy though.

Hmm, don't take my word for it, but some people hack decent/rare pokémon straight to Lv.100 to use as a means of getting whatever they want off of the GTS...

Maybe you're right, but then perhaps that was why it was being offered on the GTS - because it isn't properly trained.
I suppose the previous owner could have Rare-Candied it as well, to get it to Lv.100.
That would also explain the EVs...

I recommend checking it's IVs using Serebii's stat calculator to give a better idea of it's legitimacy.

Edit: 'Distant Land' is where Pokémon from the Gamecube games - Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness - come from.

Last edited:

hello moto

Top of the morning
So pokemon saying " from Distant Land" is legit. That means i gave away a Perfectly, Ev'd Raikou for a crap Latias. I thought the Raikou was hacked. Damn it.

(crying in a corner)

bauxchan

Boulder Trainer
My friend has this hacking device for pokemon...and i'm telling you, it is very difficult to tell if it is hacked or not..the only common word that are in the hacked pokemon are the word "apparrently"...like apparently hatched or apparently met...

Volteon

Back I guess??
I heared someone can use a cheating device to know if a Pokémon is Hacked or not and still makes your Pokémon intact (if it is intact really). Well, may look for this more. I'm curious.

Keizer

The Helios
Ja you can look at the coding and see if that matchs the correct cloning of a real one, if you know that stuff.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Yeah I know, was actually looking for someone who has it =P to trade and check a Pokémon I'm almost sure it was hacked.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Calm Calamity (a member from these forums) has said my Raikou is suspicious so i need to confim it its hacked or not. It was not caught by me and was caught in the colloseum game which i dont have, here are its Stats, attributes etc:

Caught In: Masterball
Lv.50
Item: None

Pokedex No. 243
Name: RAIKOU
Type: ELECTR (Electric)
OT: Bert
ID: 44547

Exp. Points: 157250

To Next Lv. 8563

--------------------------------

Timid nature.
Sep. 10, 2007
Distant Land
Arrived at Lv. 40.

Highly curious.
Likes sweet food.

HP: 153

Attack: 81
Defense: 80
Sp. Atk: 132
Sp. Def: 117
Speed: 132

Ability: Pressure
The Pokemon raises the
foe's PP usage.

NORMAL - Substitute
PSYCHC - Calm Mind
ELECTR - Thunderbolt
NORMAL - Hidden Power (its electric 30 or something terrible lol)

SHEEN, COOL, BEAUTY, TOUGH, CUTE & SMART all empty

SMART - Substitute
SMART - Calm Mind
COOL - Thunderbolt
SMART - Hidden Power

No. of Ribbons: 0

Close Window

Thats it, please check it out. I think its LEGIT because of its very poor stats and Hidden Power. Calm Calamity said it was suspicious because it is from Colloseum (OH NO!! RUN ITS FROM COLLOSEUM!!!!! XD) and that it was caught in a masterball (Is it IMPOSSIBLE to catch in a masterball). Its also Shiny (AHH its shiny it must be 10000000% hacked!!! a shiny legend OH NO!!!!!... lol)
It is real, since the orignal owner most likely missed it the First and Second times around and got it in the Deep Colosseum.

mew..

What do you want?
My friend has this hacking device for pokemon...and i'm telling you, it is very difficult to tell if it is hacked or not..the only common word that are in the hacked pokemon are the word "apparrently"...like apparently hatched or apparently met...

actally....say i caught a..elekid in the valley windworks, trade it to another d/p game, it would say:
apparently caught at: valley windworks.
there are sum that are hacks, but not all of them.,

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
this is why i stopped getting ledgendarys after i got my hacked raqauza, traded it for a electivire then that for a tangegrowth, lucklily i got all of those pokemon *weavile->frosslass* and all non event ledgendarys :). but yhea the rayquaza was lvl 100, knew dragon claw and fly only lol.

RPG

RPG
For all the people reading this:

I have a hacker friend, and its damn horrible how he makes hacked pokemon like the legit ones...so...

1 - ALWAYS look for the ID first, then go for the caught log, and the OT and such....(and I'm dead serious here, ALWAYS look the ID first)

Status
Not open for further replies.