• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ways to tell if a pokemon is hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

latios reborn

I got a Deoxys just now in a cherish ball and it say's it's a Wi-fi gift.

it's Id no is 02007
had an encounter at lv 30
all stats look normal for it's normal form

so just wondering if it's a new event I don't know about or something else..
and if it is an event what is it?

mew..

What do you want?
OT? it doesn't look like an event, as no deoxys(that i know of) was given at level 30 in a cherish ball...

Last edited:

mew..

What do you want?
probably. i collect events and never heard of a "wi-fi gift" deoxys.

its probably a fan-made.

latios reborn

Yeah I do too and was wondering what it was.. oh well might keep it for a while

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
What pokeball does Event Celebi appear in??

What pokeball does Event Celebi appear in??

Currently the only Event Celebis released are in standard red/white Poké Balls.
There hasn't been any 4th generation ones released yet that I know of, so none should be in Cherish Balls.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Currently the only Event Celebis released are in standard red/white Poké Balls.
There hasn't been any 4th generation ones released yet that I know of, so none should be in Cherish Balls.

OK, thanks.

BarackObama

Yes We Can!
I have been given a legendary bird on wifi. It is a completely normal, except it comes from a "Distant land" and has a National ribbon, whatever that is. My questions: Where is this "Distant land", and what is a National ribbon?

I have been given a legendary bird on wifi. It is a completely normal, except it comes from a "Distant land" and has a National ribbon, whatever that is. My questions: Where is this "Distant land", and what is a National ribbon?

"Distant Land" means that it came from one of the Gamecube games - Pokémon Colosseum, or Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
The Legendary Birds Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres can all be caught in XD. You catch them in the game in their "Shadow" form, and they receive the National Ribbon after purifying them and returning them to normal.

The name of the region in Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness is called Orre, by the way.

Last edited:

Salamence96

Pokemon Breeder
This Shiny Eevee that I just got over the GTS looks pretty legit, but I'm not too sure.
Shiny Eevee, Caught in Quick Ball
From.... some japanise person.
ID No. 63331
Naughty
Trophy Garden
Apparently met at Lv.18
Scatters things often
Likes spicy food
-Tail Whip
-Helping Hand
-Sand Attack
-Growl

This Shiny Eevee that I just got over the GTS looks pretty legit, but I'm not too sure.
Shiny Eevee, Caught in Quick Ball
From.... some japanise person.
ID No. 63331
Naughty
Trophy Garden
Apparently met at Lv.18
Scatters things often
Likes spicy food
-Tail Whip
-Helping Hand
-Sand Attack
-Growl

Everything looks okay, and it could have been caught with the Poké Radar.
If you were thinking the ID number looks odd, then don't worry about it. You can get some interesting ones sometimes :3
Someone on these forums got an ID of 07770.

ShayminSteph

IlikeCheeese...
i have a level 1 monferno shiny by gts
and yes monferno, not chimchar
i already know its hacked but small question:
IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!?

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
i have a level 1 monferno shiny by gts
and yes monferno, not chimchar
i already know its hacked but small question:
IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!?

Lvl 1 Monferno? Nope. No way in hell, aside from it being hacked as you correctly already know.

Kiruin

Wifi Veteran
Three more methods to tell if they are hacked or not:

If there are blank spaces after a pokemons name, e.g. Go! Gengar !

If it is in a cherish ball (completely red pokeball with indents).

If it is perfectly EV/ IV trained and NOT in a pokeball.

randomspot555

Three more methods to tell if they are hacked or not:

If there are blank spaces after a pokemons name, e.g. Go! Gengar !

Considering that most of the people posting here (and probably playing Pokemon) are, how should I say...immature, I wouldn't necessarily trust this method. I've met a number of hacked Pokemon via the GTS and trading and have yet to see one do this.

If it is in a cherish ball (completely red pokeball with indents).

If it isn't listed as an event Pokemon, sure. But many people know very little about event Pokemon at all, let alone which ones are in a cherish ball or not. To learn more about event Pokemon, use these guides:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925601/48598

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=87536

If it is perfectly EV/ IV trained and NOT in a pokeball.

And I wouldn't put too much faith in this either. You know all of those good IV dittos are from the wild , so it is very possible getting good IVs from wild Pokemon. Many sites into competitive battling have people SRing to get legends with good IVs.

These are all hints that it might be a hack, but not conclusive proof. Conclusive proof would be (Apparently) Met at [not a possible location], Hoenn/Kanto and not saying "Arrived At", or something with an OT of ????? or AAAAAA and ID# of 000000. Or using Pokesav or PAC to hack check it.

Suicunerider

wave requiem
These are all hints that it might be a hack, but not conclusive proof. Conclusive proof would be (Apparently) Met at [not a possible location], Hoenn/Kanto and not saying "Arrived At", or something with an OT of ????? or AAAAAA and ID# of 000000. Or using Pokesav or PAC to hack check it.

What are Pokesav and PAC? Are they just sites with guidelines, or are they something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.