• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WBC Week 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Banner_01.png

Banner_02.png
Banner_04.png
Banner_06.png

A New Week, A New Contest!

Theme: Three Art Week

Medium: Banner (468x100 or 320x146)

OK, I wanna try something else this week and see if people like it. I have here three images. The concept of the 'three art week' is that you can only use the art that is given to create the banner for this week's contest. Now, you can add as many effects as you like, of course, but you may not use any other art than the three images I've provided as the source art.

Have fun!

97374_CNcopie.jpg
Duskdale_Wurm_640.jpg
Mermaid.png

V4LOVER

chirp
Uh, the title says "WSC" not "WBC".

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Dammit - I'll get it ficksed... Cheers.....

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
It may include just one of the three pictures, and can be a combination of any two of them, or include all three - depending on what you want, basically...

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Hmmm...sounds interesting. Are we allowed to use brushes? Or does that deviate from only using art from those three?

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Let's get the opinions out there - who thinks brushes would be acceptable?

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
To my opinion, brushes should be allowed. They are kind of like..effects, unless you use them to draw an image for ur banner.

here is mah entry ^^

Danger.png

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
I think they should be allowed as well. Like klnothincomin said, they are basically effects.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Alright, even though I know that many brushes come from very nice source data, I'll allow brushes.

.t.[a].n.

~i r cookie :)
hmm. are those from Magic: The Gathering? Kinda remind me of them :D

Last edited:

Mela

pasbl. newbie
OKOK I'll join ^^
WOW The images are so scary, I'll start working on it ... if I'm lucky it'll be done by today if not tomorrow.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
@ .t.[a].n.: Perhaps, but I think they are fa art works of the cards, or something like that - it inspired some ideas of mine, so I thought why not include them this week...

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
This was one of the harder challenges for me, and it didn't help that I started this one at midnight XD

Anyway, here it is:

letmeliveinnightmares.png

It has been quite some time since I last entered a contest; none of the previous contest themes suited me, so I didn't enter them--until now.

ImageContestBanner.png

mouldy.k

Pretty Much Awesome.
0.o

This looks hard. I wish myself luck.

Mela

pasbl. newbie
Actually I might not enter, I have too much going on atm with my school work, however if i feel bored or something I might but atm not yet.

EDIT: Ok being lazy me I got bored of homework so I'll do the banner, wont take long.
GAH I am so indecisive ==

EDIT2: OKOKOK I'm done .... wow this was really hard to make because I don't normally make grungy or dark banners, I'm more into the sparkles ... and pink ^^" So this was so hard to do, and the blue on the demon on the left was sooo BLUE >< This used up a lot of layers, T&E ... gahh no more grungy ><

I'm also very fond of the dashed border thing, I used it in the WBC Week 18 contest as well ... hmm I think that unless there's like a number 1 exception that will be my border from now on XD

WBC19.png

OK So not my best but yeah XD

Last edited:

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
http://i44.*******.com/2i0d5bp.png
I might add some text later, it seems unfinished without any. Oh btw, the arrow-twirly looking stuff is actually picture 3 set on screen with a bit of editing done to it, I didn't use a C4D.

Edit: I added scanlines to it, hope that's minor enough. I can't decide if the scanlines help or distract from the banner though ):

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
The edit it fine. And yeah, I'm liking the entries that are coming in. People are liking the concept of the three art week?

Status
Not open for further replies.