• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We Didn't Start the Fire Scrapbook

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
In 1989 as the Cold war conflict between the USA and the USSR, Billey Joel released a song called "We Didn't Start the Fire." The song referenced over 100 issues and historic events during the period of the conflict. (1949 to 1989). The song is easilly one of my top 5 favorites of all time and has many parodies including "Games are our one Desire" and "Ryan started the fire."

My dad originally created this idea for his honors 9th grade history class. Your job is to take 3 to 9 of the historical events referenced in the song and make a page for a scrapbook.

Rules, Follow them!

1. This goes without saying: No spamming, flaming, or trolling
2. You must claim 3 references from the song at a time for your pages.
3. Follow this format when claiming a reference
Event: Two to three sentences about what the event is
Lyric in the song: Quote word for word.
Year in which the event took place: obvious
4. You may claim up to 9 references but to claim 3 more after your origianl 3, you must wait until 4 other people post. To claim onother 3, do the same thing.
5. Finally, your page must be include a title in size 2 font centered, the actuall line in the song centered in quotes as your first linem, two to five paragraphs that are 300 to 650 words long (No more and no less!), and a picture releated to the subject.

http://www.teacheroz.com/fire.htm This site is really helpful and it is highly recomended that you use it. It contains the lyrics to the song and convieniant links to articles on the subject. This leads me to rule 6, DO NOT STEAL FROM THE ARTICLES LINKED ON THE WEBSITE OR WIKIPEDIA!

Have fun!

Here is my first claim that you can use as an example

Event: Richard Nixon was the 37th president of the United States. He is most famous for opening relations with China.
Lyric: "Richard Nixon"
Year: 1969 to 1974

References Claimed: Richard Nixon