• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We Found a Treasure! Stoutland Search!! (975)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Since it seems Lana gets a Z-Ring this episode, I'd say she's definitely ending up with Waterium Z, and if my theory of "evolving" Z-Crystals holds true, it will upgrade to Primarium-Z at some point in the future (possibly during the Aether Foundation arc at a time when no other Z-Moves seem to be working), which would require Popplio to fully evolve.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Sweet mother of Tapu Lele, Lana got a Z-Ring! :eek: Not that I'm that surprised, but this definitely opens up a whole new realm of possibilities. Lana might earn a Waterium-Z in the near future (if not in the next episode). Popplio might fully evolve into Primarina and Lana might acquire a Primarium-Z (either separately from the Waterium-Z or the Waterium-Z "evolves" into the Primarium-Z). Sophocles, Mallow, and Lillie might acquire their own Z-Rings and Z-Crystals in the future. This also confirms that Z-Rings aren't made, but are found as crystals, which is something I was not expecting and find rather interesting.

This episode was the perfect opportunity for Lillie to get some character development, and I'm glad the writers took advantage of that opportunity. It took her the entire day, but she finally gathered up the courage to mount Ride Stoutland. I liked how both Professor Kukui and Olivia kept cheering her on. :)

Poor Ash...I don't know which was worse for him this episode, being denied the capture of an Alolan Geodude, being licked a bunch of times by his Stoutland, or almost losing his pants/shorts in the very beginning with Mallow watching.
No, I think to him, the worst thing was losing to Kiawe at both treasure-hunting rounds. But I suppose that's what he gets for choosing the airheaded Ride Stoutland. :p His Stoutland was cute, though, and I got a chuckle out of how affectionate it was. And Ash, how were you so lost in thought that you didn't notice the dog pulling down your pants?

Speaking of which, I did like that it was the Ride Stoutland's weight that reminded Ash of Litten's mentor Stoutland. The first thing Ash noticed when he picked up Litten's mentor Stoutland was that it wasn't very heavy relative to its size (which was a sign of its rapidly declining health). The Ride Stoutland, on the other hand, weighed quite a bit (a sign of its good health).

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ash made sure he changed his underwear! That moment of remembering the old Stoutland and then turning it into a comedic moment reeled me in. :D

It's funny on how Kiawe outbest-ed Ash in finding treasure. Wow! I can't believe Lana found her own Z Ring!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :D:D

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I loved how Pikachu was just there when Stoutland pulled down Ash's pants like nothing interesting was going on. Pikachu probably sees Ash change like all the time. Also, Alola cap Pikachu in the anime! Anyone think they might cut that scene out in the dub?

I liked this episode. I like how they're not rushing through Lillie's growth but really take it step by step. First she learns to touch the egg, then she learns to touch Vulpix, then Pikachu, and now she finally learned how to bring herself to touch a pokémon fully consciously without it being a 'heat of the moment' thing. I also like Lana finding a Z-ring, that was pretty cool. I take it you can't just buy Z-rings in the store then, you've got to find them somewhere or obtain them some other way to earn them like the crystals. Makes me wonder how Kiawe obtained his Z-ring.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I loved how Pikachu was just there when Stoutland pulled down Ash's pants like nothing interesting was going on. Pikachu probably sees Ash change like all the time. Also, Alola cap Pikachu in the anime! Anyone think they might cut that scene out in the dub?

I liked this episode. I like how they're not rushing through Lillie's growth but really take it step by step. First she learns to touch the egg, then she learns to touch Vulpix, then Pikachu, and now she finally learned how to bring herself to touch a pokémon fully consciously without it being a 'heat of the moment' thing. I also like Lana finding a Z-ring, that was pretty cool. I take it you can't just buy Z-rings in the store then, you've got to find them somewhere or obtain them some other way to earn them like the crystals. Makes me wonder how Kiawe obtained his Z-ring.
Pikachu was probably wondering why Ash was spacing out. :p Surely TPCi wouldn't view Ash's boxers as too risqué for the eyes of innocent American children and decide to cut that scene from the dub...would they? 4Kids saw no problem with showing Ash's underwear in OS, and Ash was in nothing but his underwear for a few scenes in SM20.

IIRC, Kiawe's Z-Ring used to belong to his grandfather, and he battled Olivia to prove he was worthy of it. If Z-Rings have to be found/mined, rather than made, then I do have to wonder how Hala (and presumably the other Kahunas) end up with so many of them. Do they have special Ride Stoutland who are trained just to sniff out Z-Ring crystals?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lana getting a Z-Ring was sort of predictable. She's the only one next to Ash to own a starter, and it would've been a missed opportunity to avoid giving some Z-move potential to her Popplio while Rowlet and Litten get all the glory. Mallow and Sophocles are expendable though, ha ha.

Good job, Lillie. You touched the hairy mountain. Only 799 Pokemon to go!

It was a nice episode but like a lot of people already pointed out kinda predictable. But I'm getting a bit tired with Lillie and her running gag with not be able to touch any Pokémon. It's getting a bit boring after a while.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know if Olivia mentioned what they were going to do with the Plume Fossil that kiawe found? While I find it highly unlikely, I can see this leading to people speculating that Kiawe might catch an Archen

Hanto

Water Addiction
It is always pretty neat to see some in-game items in the anime series, we kinda rarely have possibility like that. Alolan Marowak with Kings Rock/Rocky Helmet is next, I guess?
I have been hoping Popplio showcase some of new moves (Disarming Voice or Double Slap), but alas. Maybe evolution would fix it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Well there goes Ash's chance at getting a water type Pokemon.

The episode was pretty decent until the ending, but OF COURSE it would end like that.

Who's to say he won't? There's still the possible that Ash & Lana will both get a Waterinium Z in the next episode, & then Ash will catch a Water type in the distant future

Mr. Guy

Banned
For an episode that supposed to be about Lana, they sure did focus a lot on Lillie.

Still though, enjoyable episode.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well there goes Ash's chance at getting a water type Pokemon.

The episode was pretty decent until the ending, but OF COURSE it would end like that.

Pretty sure there's more then one version if each z crystal lol. Honestly he could even get a water type with a secondary type and he can use that z move like Wimpod with the bug z move.

Nafsika

I laughed in the scene which Stoutland undress Ash, I didn't expect something like that to happened!!! So hillarious!!!! I also liked that Lillie with Shiron's help overcome a little bit her fear for Pokémon and touch and ride Stoutland, they will have a lot of fun in the future!!!! The Lana part was also really good!!! I liked the battle with Garbado and the way that Stoutland step in when Poplio got hit!!!! I also have to say that I was really surprised that Lana got in this episode a z-ring but so happy for her!!! I can't wait to see they way that the others will get their z-rings!!!
Those Stoutland were awesome and I love the fact that eact of them were fit perfectly to their riders character!!!! Especially Ash's Stoutland was so goofy and silly, I loved it and I wouldn't be surprised if decided to follow Ash!!! Although I'm not sure if Litten would be very happy with that!!! But who knows!!!!

Generally it was awesome and can't wait for the new episode!!!!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So happy that Lana got a z-ring :D Poplio using the waterium-z is something I definitely look forward too. It's great to see Lillie being able to touch pokemon within one episode now so hopefully she'll be able to touch all the pokemon in the group soon