• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We Found a Treasure! Stoutland Search!! (975)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Finally watched the episode. It makes me think popplio is going to do something big next week since it got struck down here. Ash found every shard, representing the original games. Of course, the Yellow Shard is funny because that game took the anime as inspiration. Mallow's Stoutland really likes food, it would seem. Sophocles...well, he successfully found a Star Piece utilizing technology (a better outcome than his fishing venture) and was gloating before Kiawe pulled it out from under him with a Plume Fossil. Then Lana wins the competition all at once with a Z-Ring stone. Lillie was adorable the whole episode. I can't understand (much) Japanese, but at least it's not hard to get the general idea of what the people in Pokemon are trying to say. Also, Ash, how did you not notice Stoutland pulling your pants off? And Alola Cap Pikachu being in the anime.

XXD17

Draco rex
It is always pretty neat to see some in-game items in the anime series, we kinda rarely have possibility like that. Alolan Marowak with Kings Rock/Rocky Helmet is next, I guess?
I have been hoping Popplio showcase some of new moves (Disarming Voice or Double Slap), but alas. Maybe evolution would fix it.

We've seen both the king's rock and rocky helmet in the anime already and they don't look like what the marowak had on its head...if it's not just a random rock crown, the closest thing I'd say that it resembles is a heat rock.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I watched this live this morning, but didn’t have time to fully comment on it before leaving for work. Things I liked about this episode:

- How Ash was thinking about Litten and Stoutland in the beginning, and then Mallow noticing that Ash was losing his pants lmao, that was hilarious, especially Mallow’s reaction. The little rivalry between Kiawe and Ash was fun too, but I guess Kiawe was the winner (at least Ash found some shards though). Ash’s Stoutland was also kind of funny, like when poor Ash failed at capturing the Alolan Geodude (actually thought he was going to get it for second there), gets hit in the face with his Pokeball, and Stoutland has that silly expression on his face with his tongue sticking out.

- Lillie’s attire and hair was nice looking. I also loved how she didn’t give up on trying to touch Stoutland, and the encouragement that she received from Kukui, Olivia, and Shiron. The flashbacks of her holding Shiron and Pikachu were a nice touch too. Then of course, being able to touch Stoutland at the end, and the classmates reaction to it, GJ Lillie!

- Lana to battle/fend off the Garbodor. I was hoping that she was going to be successful, but her Stoutland had to obviously step in and help her out (looked like Stoutland used Giga Impact?). Of course, her getting the Z-Ring was the highlight of this episode, and gives me more hope for her getting the Waterium Z (since she was imitation Hydro Vortex in the one episode) or the Primarium Z (so we can see Oceanic Operetta!).

- I also liked that Kiawe found some Fossils and energetic he was and Sophocles finding a Sun Stone maybe or a Star Piece (not 100% sure about what it actually was). Of course Mallow would find Mushrooms and Berries too, was cute seeing her and her Stoutland having a good time finding them together.

So, I really liked this episode a lot. Going into it, I thought it was going to be mainly focused on Lana, which it kind of was, but there was additional on focus everyone basically, which was enjoyable!

Abzu

i must say this was a great episode, I mean there were funny scenes specially the one with Stoutland trying to take off Ash's pants and Mallow reaction towards it XD

Here I dind't think anything big would happen... and then we have Lana discovering the Z-Ring. I think it can work with how the next episode does have Totem Wishiwashi. Still or Ash and Lana get one crystal each one or just lana get one.

LagMaster

Nice. This episode was pretty sweet. I was confused why Lana was the main focus of an Mooland episode but it all comes together now. I really wasn't expecting her to obtain the Z ring. Plus all the interactions were entertaining, great episode!

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
First Sabrina's father and now a Stoutland. Seriously Ash, invest in a psychic proof belt. In this case, invest in any belt. I'd make a surprising shorts joke, but I think that's been made.

Nebbygetinthebag

This episode was ok not too bad or too good either.I was happy that Lana got the Z ring so this mean all the classmates will get one as well and seeing lillie touching other pokemon was nice and I wish Ash Catch Geodude but oh well at least he was trying and Ash's stoutland is so cute.overall this episode was ok I like the classmates interaction with stoutland and some development of Lana. I give it a 6/10.

Last edited:

thor94

interesting episode.
especially for lillie growing better over her fear of pokemon and lana finding a bracelet Z.
But even if it can be kinda fun, i am really bored to see ash being the same dead last loser butt monkey.
He is useless, doing useless thing beside being the writers living punching bag and doesn't really battle. it is definitely not pokemon anime but school of life with cute monster pets and the usual popular badass (kiawe), timid (lilie), hypergirl (mallow), sweet girl (lana), smart genius (sophocles) and the classroom clown deadlast without real talent or anything special (ash).

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
A field trip about treasure hunting, this I like. There were a lot of little interesting moments packed into this episode. I was very glad when someone finally tried to capture a wild pokemon even though it failed.

I thought it was a nice one, they should have more like this.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Wish the family dogs were the size of rideable Stoutlands (though that would be painful lap sitting...and one big pile of ****)

Pros:

* Ash with that Old Man Stoutland reminiscence

* Each character's idiosyncratic approach to the Stoutland

* Secondary focus on Lillie

Cons:

(none)

Thoughts:

* So if this was XY, would Ash's Stoutland have been the cool leader dog with red black hair accents???

Obligatory Lana episode that turned out all right.

5/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 3/3/4/4.5/3/4.5/7.5/3/5.5/3
Average of episodes 21-30: 4.65/10
Average of episodes 11-20: 4.95/10
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Nice to see Ash remember the late Stoutland that was Litten's friend. Also nice to see him not bring Litten out. That would've probably jogged some memories in him.

Now I know where those "Geodude caught Ash" jokes came from. Speaking of jokes, I'm so glad Olivia's back to having just one left foot, effectively doing away with the miserable excuse of a running gag from last week's episode.

Ugh... I was hoping the dub would correct that "Comet Shard" error (it's actually a Star Piece Sophocles found) I read about on Bulbagarden. Again, the downsides of literally translating.

I remember seeing it be theorized that the scene where the Ride Stoutland took off Ash's pants would be cut out. Don't really know why that would have to be cut out. Just a quick gag, nothing more.

Lana always was my least favorite of the group in terms of voice acting. She still is, but it's good that she sounded much less wooden than she normally does.

Nothing much to report soundtrack-wise. Just its normal good. I'm just glad the JP music was kept to the bare minimum of just the title card track (if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me).

So, other than Lana possibly gaining a Z-Ring, this episode was pretty boring. But really, what chance does Pokemon have against DuckTales (which truly premiered today, by the way), anyway?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'm surprised they kept the...unfortunate incident in.

Don't think there was an error...think it's just bulbapedia being bulbapedia (in the Japanese version I thought I heard Hoshi no kakera which would be Star Piece, not Comet Shard).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Okay it's official, Lana has the worst dub VA ever. I could barely stand listening to her. She beats Sawyer.

Also, this episode was one of the worst.
First off, how fair is it that the TRio got Darknium 10 episodes before this but she got a z-ring before they did? She didn't even do anything to earn it. It fell into her lap as easily as a certain Dragonite.
And why have a episode revolve around Stoutland without Litten being involved? Arceus knows he could use some development.
And third... no TRio appearance.

The only enjoyable parts were Ash's with Stoutland and Rotom, Kiawe and Soph, and Ash actually attempting to capture another Pokemon for once. I'm surprised they kept in that scene with Stoutland pulling off Ash's pants....
And at least Ash lost without looking like a total fool. Well... he didn't technically lose overall, Lillie did. Using Electro Ball on a freaking Geodude was still freaking dumb though.
2/10

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Okay it's official, Lana has the worst dub VA ever. I could barely stand listening to her. She beats Sawyer.

First off, how fair is it that the TRio got Darknium 10 episodes before this but she got a z-ring before they did? She didn't even do anything to earn it. It fell into her lap as easily as a certain Dragonite.
And why have a episode revolve around Stoutland without Litten being involved? Arceus knows he could use some development.

The only enjoyable parts were Ash's with Stoutland and Rotom, Kiawe and Soph, and Ash actually attempting to capture another Pokemon for once. I'm surprised they kept in that scene with Stoutland pulling off Ash's pants....
And at least Ash lost without looking like a total fool. Well... he didn't technically lose overall, Lillie did. Using Electro Ball on a freaking Geodude was still freaking dumb though.
2/10

1. Wrong. There's pretty much no one worse than Sawyer. And Lana's VA actually sounds reasonably young. Actually, she's got a good VA in both languages.

2. TRio are evil, they have to put in 10x the work of the heroes to earn the same thing. Crime doesn't pay. And there's a difference between getting a Z-Ring and getting a Dragonute, considering a Z-Ring needs a Z-Crystal to be useful, and those have to be earned.

3. Of course Ash didn't bring Litten out. He wouldn't want to cause the poor thing the confusion and mental anguish of seeing another Stoutland and thinking that it was its old Stoutland friend/guardian, only to be crushed again when it inevitably realized it wasn't.

4. TRio doesn't need to be in every single episode. While I do think Sun/Moon is under-using them, it's better than when they're overused.

5. Lillie shouldn't be considered as a participant here.

6. At least it was an Alolan Geodude, which means Ash was smart enough to realize it probably wasn't a Ground type and Electro Ball would probably work. He had no way of knowing it was part Electric at the time.

Vipsoccermaster

Enjoyed the episode. I love treasure-hunting, it's entertaining to see what treasure each character of the six main characters find in this episode (sort of an exception for Lillie).

The scene that has Stoutland pulling down Ash's pants and Mallow, Steenee, and Pikachu (cute with the Alola Cap) was kept, because, well, they kept the same scenes where Ash has just his boxers in SM20, so if they didn't remove it in SM20, why would they remove it here, even though Mallow is there? Mallow is trying to get Ash's attention as she thought Ash was daydreaming. Still, it's cool that Ash didn't bring out Litten, and thought about Stoutland and Litten by a flashback to SM21.

Ash: So he finds four shards, red, green, blue, and yellow, all referencing the original colors for Pokémon in Gen I. Cool as it is, they were pretty worthless. Too bad for Ash for losing (20 points). Oh, it's probably even more humiliating that he failed to catch an Alolan Geodude. Ouch, Thunder-Punching the Poké Ball right back at Ash's face/nose. That's going to hurt.

Mallow: It's all about ingredients for Mallow. I could not consider ingredients as treasure, they really aren't worth any value as you can consume and/or cook them. It's fair that Mallow found unusual sizes of such ingredients, however. Even if they were of any value, she was only able to beat Ash (95 points).

Sophocles: Well, Sophocles wasted time in the first half of the class, thus missing the opportunity to earn any points. He did better in the second half, but still. Him finding the Star Piece (or Comet Shard) got himself a decent amount of points, but still not enough to win, only beating Ash and Mallow (150 points). And there you go, Sophocles, breaking the fourth wall by pushing Lana away just to get the whole screen for himself. No way to treat Lana like that after she took you out to the ocean for a Wailord sighting in SM26!

Lillie: Lillie seemingly didn't participate at all. Zero points! Okay, but seriously, Lillie's treasure was trying to overcome her fear of touching Pokémon, and after Pikachu, comes Stoutland. Glad to see Lillie overcome her fear. Hopefully Lillie will take on Kiawe's offer of riding Charizard. Professor Kukui did good by encouraging Lillie by reminding her about the times she had with Snowy and Pikachu.

Kiawe: We didn't see much for Kiawe, but he did good here by concentrating. Two fossils was enough for him to win the competition (300 points), but he didn't expect Lana overtaking him in one shot. Wonder if Kiawe actually kept the fossils? Probably not, since we haven't heard anything about the fossils now. During Kiawe's search, the walls had an odd but neat design. Liked the walls behind Kiawe.

Lana: Lana got the most action in this episode, next to Ash. It struck me a bit odd that Lana chose the Stoutland that happens to be untamed and stubborn, according to Olivia. Lana's got determination. Stoutland refusing to let Lana on for the first time was worrying, but at least she remains determined. The first half, it was a failure for Lana because Stoutland just refuses to cooperate with Lana and Popplio. But in the second half, that's when things start to turn around. Liked the fact she remains determined to find treasure after being fed up with Stoutland's stubbornness, but Garbodor shows up after knocking Popplio away. Stoutland's refusal and Garbodor attacking Lana has me really worried for Lana overall in this episode, especially when it was first shown in the Japanese previews back in June 2017. However, Lana's determination went as far as to protect Popplio and Stoutland, was a good moment. Glad that Stoutland finally decided to cooperate with Lana as thanks for protecting itself from Garbodor. Seems that Stoutland knows where to find the treasure for Lana prior to this episode. I was worried for a bit that Lana would have to return empty-handed, but at least Stoutland and Lana had the slight extra time to search the cave...and find the object she needed to win the treasure hunt. That being said, I'm happy for Lana winning the competition by getting a Z-Ring Ore (or Sparkling Stone). Lana deserved it as she was determined the whole episode. It only gets better for Lana next week! 500 points!

Lana's voice? Lana is a young girl, so she's meant to sound young.

And Team Rocket not appearing? It's fine, they had no purpose here and they didn't take away any screen time. Some of you act like this episode should have been changed during the dubbing to have Team Rocket featured.

All in all, I again enjoyed the treasure-hunting episode, and happy for Lana getting through her determination and obtaining a Z-Ring. Good character development for both Lana and Lillie here.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

2/10
Oh, get off your hate boner for Lana already. This isn't even comparable to Iris's Dragonite. While I admit she was lucky to find a Sparkling Stone specifically, she never would have found it in the first place if she didn't step in to protect Stoutland. She still did more than Ash did to earn a Z-Ring.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
1. Wrong. There's pretty much no one worse than Sawyer. And Lana's VA actually sounds reasonably young. Actually, she's got a good VA in both languages.

2. TRio are evil, they have to put in 10x the work of the heroes to earn the same thing. Crime doesn't pay. And there's a difference between getting a Z-Ring and getting a Dragonute, considering a Z-Ring needs a Z-Crystal to be useful, and those have to be earned.

3. Of course Ash didn't bring Litten out. He wouldn't want to cause the poor thing the confusion and mental anguish of seeing another Stoutland and thinking that it was its old Stoutland friend/guardian, only to be crushed again when it inevitably realized it wasn't.

4. TRio doesn't need to be in every single episode. While I do think Sun/Moon is under-using them, it's better than when they're overused.

5. Lillie shouldn't be considered as a participant here.

6. At least it was an Alolan Geodude, which means Ash was smart enough to realize it probably wasn't a Ground type and Electro Ball would probably work. He had no way of knowing it was part Electric at the time.

YES! DRAG HIM TheWanderingMist DRAG HIMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! TheWanderingMist RIPPED APART YOUR ARGUMENT PIECE BY PIECE!!!! YES!!!!!!

Lol. Anyway, my main takeaway from this episode is that now, who I thought would be the main female lead of this saga has changed twice: first I thought it would be Mallow, then Lillie, and now Lana

Leonhart

Imagineer
I adored Lilie's outfit for riding the Mooland, and I kind of wish that she'd wear that from now on. Suiren attaining her own Z-Ring seemed random to me at first because she didn't seem to need one, but I liked how Kaki found some fossils, as well as how Satoshi tried to capture an Alolan Ishitsubute .

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Little should have been around the Stoutland, but the writers decided to at least have Ash recall the old one to avoid making this episode all about Litten again without having to ignore continuity, but even so, the episode was forcibly trying to make Ash the center of attention despite the fact Lana was the real MVP, and she didn't get enough spotlight.

How subtle (not). Everyone picked the Stoutland whose riding gear colors matched with their colors.

We are never seeing Ash try to capture a Pokemon without having to bond with them ever again, aren't we. Somehow, if this happens again, all he will get will be more amusing, poorly done injuries.

I forgot how horrible the English soundtrack is. You can barely hear the characters talk that this is the only show on TV that makes me turn on CC to "listen" to them.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan