• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We have arrived

eggman62

This is the riskiest team i have every made or seen I know it has a lot of weekness but i fully believe it could work one way or another.

Team

Blissey Rhydon scizor

gyarados salamence conkuldurr

Blissey@leftovers
ability: serene grace
Ev: 252 hp, 252 spd, 4 SAtk
nature: calm

: stealth rock
: aromatherapy
: softboild
: fireblast/thunder

Blissey acts as my lead and its main priority is to set up stealth rocks which thanks to its bulk it will be able to do most of the time. aromatheraphy heals status problems and softboild is for recovery. fireblast combinded with serene grace has a sixty percent chance of burning which can make taking down the rest of my team a complete b****. thunder on the other hand provides paralaysis which could alow conkuldurr and rhydon to sweep.

gyarados@chesto berry
ability intimidate
Ev 252 hp, 200 def, 52 spd
nature impish

: rest
: dragon dance
: waterfall
: dragon tail

what no attack or speed evs at all whats wrong with you !!! I know for some of you this question is running around your head but with dragon dance i honestly dont see the point plus in my head i wanted gyarados to act as a phazor. rest is rest and with chesto berry and intimidate phyical attackers will find it hard to beat it, the only option the opponent will have is to switch out and with stealth rock i dont think they will want to. waterfall is for stab and dragon tail is for phazing.

scizor@life orb
ability technician
ev 252 atk, 252 spe
nature adamant

: swords dance
: roost
: bullet punch
: x scizzor

scizor is going to be used for its resitances and because it is just a good pokemon. sword dance and roost are self explanetery. x scizzor is for stab and bullet punch is for stab and priority.

salamence@???
ability intimidate
EV 252 hp, 126 atk , 126 spe
nature adamant

: dragon dance
: dragon claw
: earthquake
: thrash

salamence is going to operate as an offensive version of gyarados with dragon dance and claw for stab - sadly i cant get it outrage- earthquake is fo stab and trash with earthquake provides neutral damage on nearly every pokemon and frankly makes me feel better about not having outrage. any suggestions on items would be great

rhydon@ evolite
ability lightning rod
ev 252 hp, 126 def, 126 spd
nature adamant

: eathquake
: hammer arm
: stone edge/ rock blast

rhydon my secrete weapon even though it has like 2 x 4 weakness and 4 common x 2 weakness if it used effectively it is a complete bad *** its resitances and neutral damage move barely do any damage to it as phsyicaly and to some degree specialy it is so damm bulky allowing it to easily set up sword dance. earthquake and stone edge hit for stab and do crazy damage after sword dance and hammer arm is for coverage. im cosidering swapping stone edge for rock blast as it has better accuracy, stab can break subs and focus sash.

conkuldurr@ flame orb
ability guts
ev 200 hp, 252 atk, 52 def
nature adamant

:bulk up
:mach punch
:drain punch
:payback, stone edge

my final pokemon bulk up is to boost atk and def and mach and drain punch are pretty standard and either payback or stone edge are viable. blissey and conkuldurr work quite well in my eyes as with aromapherapy i can in a way control the burn damage furthermore with 2 itimidate users and blisseys chance of burn after a bulk up conkuldurr phyiscaly will be incredibly difficult to defeat.

i like this team and personally thinks its badass but i can see its problems feel free to give any constructive crit aswell as pkmon changes as you pls

If Blissey's your lead, I see some problems already. Fake out, Taunt, or a Prankster with a status move will shut you down severely and let the opponent gain the upper hand.

eggman62

If Blissey's your lead, I see some problems already. Fake out, Taunt, or a Prankster with a status move will shut you down severely and let the opponent gain the upper hand.

blissey is only going to be used to set up stealth rocks as a lead. I can see how taunt could be a problem but as i said its only going to be used to set up stealth rocks if it does get taunted i could just switch out. Generally you know what Pokemon have fake out so again i could just switch out and for status problems i could just switch into conkuldurr or use aromatherapy

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Pursuit must be slashed in for scizor. Chandelure completely walls it.

blissey is only going to be used to set up stealth rocks as a lead. I can see how taunt could be a problem but as i said its only going to be used to set up stealth rocks if it does get taunted i could just switch out. Generally you know what Pokemon have fake out so again i could just switch out and for status problems i could just switch into conkuldurr or use aromatherapy

Within the little time that you have to switch Blissey, the opponent's already going to be steps ahead of you and can prep their strats alot easier. I find it hard to see how you're actually going to switch into Conkeldurr since Blissey's your lead. If I put Blissey to sleep, you switch into Conkeldurr, activate Blissey's natural cure, I can simply just put Conkeldurr to sleep before your flame orb takes effect. Fake out... yes, It's general knowedge that almost anyone whom wifi battles plenty of times know where it'll come from. But this is where mind games will come into play. Where they could possible make a move predicting this. Such as pursuiting Blissey rather than faking it out. I just don't see Blissey as a possible lead because it's too slow. It's bulky yes... but it lacks speed and it's a big target to taunt (Puns intended).

MewTwoEx

Metagross Master
I think you should sub one of your pokemon out for a better SR lead. Blissey won't work

eggman62

Based on the feedback I can see that know one thinks blissey would work as a sr lead has anyone got any ideas originally I was thinking about miltank or snorlax but I chose blissry because miltank has a low spd and in my eyes not enough hp and snorlax just doesn't have good recovery.

Thanks for all the feedback everybody its very much appreciated

eggman62

Within the little time that you have to switch Blissey, the opponent's already going to be steps ahead of you and can prep their strats alot easier. I find it hard to see how you're actually going to switch into Conkeldurr since Blissey's your lead. If I put Blissey to sleep, you switch into Conkeldurr, activate Blissey's natural cure, I can simply just put Conkeldurr to sleep before your flame orb takes effect. Fake out... yes, It's general knowedge that almost anyone whom wifi battles plenty of times know where it'll come from. But this is where mind games will come into play. Where they could possible make a move predicting this. Such as pursuiting Blissey rather than faking it out. I just don't see Blissey as a possible lead because it's too slow. It's bulky yes... but it lacks speed and it's a big target to taunt (Puns intended).

I see your point do you think changing the scizor set so it could operate as a choice scarfed/u turn scout would help because then if I feel that I can switch into blissey I can do it alot easier

Based on the feedback I can see that know one thinks blissey would work as a sr lead has anyone got any ideas originally I was thinking about miltank or snorlax but I chose blissry because miltank has a low spd and in my eyes not enough hp and snorlax just doesn't have good recovery.

Thanks for all the feedback everybody its very much appreciated

No problem. If Miltanks function is to just be a set up, then yes, it'll work better than Blissey due to how it's decent speed and bulk. It's function is to set up, not wall/tank. Also, may I bother you for a favor? Mind if I ask you to comment on the double sunny team thread of mine?

George~©

All Gravy
You have no Special Attackers. Get one, or you will be walled by Ferrothorns and Forretress' until the end of time.

Scizor needs Bug Bite and not X-Scissor. Bug Bite with Technician and STAB gets 135 power. That's 5 less than STAB X-Scizor, but at least it has an effect to eat berries. It also needs Superpower to beat out other Steels. Pursuit could be used to cover Chandlure, but there aren't too many of those around.

George~©

All Gravy
Scizor needs Bug Bite and not X-Scissor. Bug Bite with Technician and STAB gets 135 power. That's 5 less than STAB X-Scizor, but at least it has an effect to eat berries. It also needs Superpower to beat out other Steels. Pursuit could be used to cover Chandlure, but there aren't too many of those around.

Superpower defeats the purpose of setting up a Swords Dance, and should not be used. Only use it on a Banded set.

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
For that Gyarados set, I recommend this:

Gyarados@Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/ 176 Def/ 80 SpDef
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Dragon Tail
-Thunder Wave/ Toxic/ Waterfall/ Bounce
If you REALLY want a defencive phazer in a Gyarados, this is the closest thing you'll get. Rest for, you know, Rest. Sleep Talk prevents you from being a sitting duck. It also helps with Dragon Tail's negative priority, allowing it to "speed phaze". Thunder Wave is to spread paralysis better, lets you use Sleep Talk, and therefore Dragon Tail, before the paralysed opponent can move, and opens up your Rhydon and Conkeldurr for a sweep. Toxic is if you would like to have more of a stalling approach, Waterfall is for general STAB. There's two reasons I listed Bounce as the fourth option: Bounce cannot be chosen by Sleep Talk, and therefore you have a 50/50 chance to use Dragon Tail. (The other chance going to Rest) Secondly, Bounce serves as STAB, and it also has a nice 30% paralysis chance. To add, Bounce grabs some Leftovers recovery as well, and tends to force switches, which can be very useful, especially since you're going for a phazing Gyarados.

On another note, you are missing Special Attackers. If you don't want to change your team members, try a MixMence set. You could also change one of your team members for a Chandelure, as it has Flash Fire, which complements Scizor's x4 Fire weakness, especially since Scizor can abuse STAB U-turn to scout before Chandelure switches in unnessecarilly.

Blissey is an ok lead as long as you're smart enough to switch (not that leads matter anymore..) but RUN DEFENSE EVs. Defense EVs doubles Blissey's ability to take hits.

252 Defense Blissey takes hits about as well as a 0/0 Tyranitar, which is decent.

eggman62

For that Gyarados set, I recommend this:

Gyarados@Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/ 176 Def/ 80 SpDef
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Dragon Tail
-Thunder Wave/ Toxic/ Waterfall/ Bounce
If you REALLY want a defencive phazer in a Gyarados, this is the closest thing you'll get. Rest for, you know, Rest. Sleep Talk prevents you from being a sitting duck. It also helps with Dragon Tail's negative priority, allowing it to "speed phaze". Thunder Wave is to spread paralysis better, lets you use Sleep Talk, and therefore Dragon Tail, before the paralysed opponent can move, and opens up your Rhydon and Conkeldurr for a sweep. Toxic is if you would like to have more of a stalling approach, Waterfall is for general STAB. There's two reasons I listed Bounce as the fourth option: Bounce cannot be chosen by Sleep Talk, and therefore you have a 50/50 chance to use Dragon Tail. (The other chance going to Rest) Secondly, Bounce serves as STAB, and it also has a nice 30% paralysis chance. To add, Bounce grabs some Leftovers recovery as well, and tends to force switches, which can be very useful, especially since you're going for a phazing Gyarados.

On another note, you are missing Special Attackers. If you don't want to change your team members, try a MixMence set. You could also change one of your team members for a Chandelure, as it has Flash Fire, which complements Scizor's x4 Fire weakness, especially since Scizor can abuse STAB U-turn to scout before Chandelure switches in unnessecarilly.

Thanks I think im going to run the mixed salamence set as even though running chandelure would be good for scizor it would be bad for salamence and gyarados as they are all weak to rock. Excluding rhydon and gyarados what would you suggest changing

archeopsdan

Blissey@leftovers
ability: serene grace
Ev: 252 hp, 252 Def, 4 Sp.def
nature: bold
: stealth rock
: aromatherapy
: softboild
: fireblast/thunder

errmmmm not much of a stealth rock lead really, you might be better using deoxys(defense or speed) and going with stealth rock/spikes, taunt, recover ,(attacking move)

gyarados@chesto berry
ability intimidate
Ev 252 hp, 200 def, 56 spd
nature impish

: rest
: sleep talk
: dragon tail
: waterfallreplace with something suggested on above comments

use sleep talk for speed phazing, but im not sure about th

scizor@life orb
ability technician
ev 252 atk, 252 spe, 4 Hp
nature adamant

: roost
: bullet punch
: bug bite

bug bite gets technician boost as well as stab which cause a power of 135 against 120 from stab x-scissor

salamence@life orb
ability intimidate
EV84 Atk, 172 Sp.atk, 252 Spd
nature rash
: dragon pulse or dragon claw
: flamethrower or fire blast
: earthquake
: stone edge, aqua tail or hydro pump

use mix mence due to you not having any special attackers/sweepers and ive given you choice of moves to use(obviously balance it out)

rhydon@ evolite
ability lightning rod
ev 252 hp, 252 Sp.def, 4 Def
nature careful

: eathquake
: dragon rush
: stone edge

best defensive ev's and nature for survivability, dragon rush and edge quake combo should give great coverage with its huge power. it seems a good and original idea whic i would have never thought of.

conkuldurr@ flame orb
ability guts
ev 252 Sp.def, 252 Hp, 4 Def
nature careful

:bulk up
:mach punch
:drain punch
:payback

best defensive Ev's and payback gives perfect coverage.

i like this team and personally thinks its badass but i can see its problems feel free to give any constructive crit aswell as pkmon changes as you pls

comments are in bold, however you need to rethink blissey as everyone has suggested, i can post deoxys lead sets later if you wish

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
The lead metagame is dead, so you might want to switch blissley out. I was thinking you could go with Ferrothorn:

Mixed Wall:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/ 122 Def/ 130 SpDef
-Stealth Rock/ Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
This is the standard Ferrothorn set, it gets up Stealth Rocks for you, (or Spikes if you opt out) and gets recovery via Leech Seed. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are for awesome, high powered STABs, the nature lets his speed go down. You might wanna go 0 Spe IVs too. A Special Defencive set and a Physcially Defencive set can both be run with 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 (Def/ SpDef). Adding another fire weakness shouldn't be a problem with 3 Pokemon that pack resistances to it.

I'm also not too big of a fan of Rhydon, even if it has an Eviolite in Sandstorm, its Defencive stats won't save it from its crippling weakness in Fighting, Water, Grass, Ground, and Ice, especially since it doesn't pack Solid Rock like Rhyperior does. I don't have anything specific off the top of my head but... yeah.

eggman62

The lead metagame is dead, so you might want to switch blissley out. I was thinking you could go with Ferrothorn:

Mixed Wall:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/ 122 Def/ 130 SpDef
-Stealth Rock/ Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
This is the standard Ferrothorn set, it gets up Stealth Rocks for you, (or Spikes if you opt out) and gets recovery via Leech Seed. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are for awesome, high powered STABs, the nature lets his speed go down. You might wanna go 0 Spe IVs too. A Special Defencive set and a Physcially Defencive set can both be run with 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 (Def/ SpDef). Adding another fire weakness shouldn't be a problem with 3 Pokemon that pack resistances to it.

I'm also not too big of a fan of Rhydon, even if it has an Eviolite in Sandstorm, its Defencive stats won't save it from its crippling weakness in Fighting, Water, Grass, Ground, and Ice, especially since it doesn't pack Solid Rock like Rhyperior does. I don't have anything specific off the top of my head but... yeah.

Thanks im going to switch out Blissey for ferrothorn as its a mixed wall and can use stealth rock, which is what i really wanted, its a shame though as i really liked the idea of using aromatherapy as u can see most of my team are physical attackers so willo wisp is a big problem i figured aromatherapy would really help getting rid of that problem.

lol i know rhydon is by far not the best pokemon to use as it has 6 of the most common weakness but i really like it and out of the 10 other types that do neutral or resisited damage they really dont do a thing, just think if it gets max hp 212 and its defence hits at least 140 with the 1.5 boost from eviloite thats 210 defence making it a very bulky pokmeon.

but yh im gonna go with ferrrothorn as it can give salamence and rhydon recovery with leech seed

Thanks for that by the way

eggman62

comments are in bold, however you need to rethink blissey as everyone has suggested, i can post deoxys lead sets later if you wish

yh thanks im deffo going to take run the mixed sala set and im going to take out blissey for ferrothorn.

Thanks for that i really appreciate it