• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We Have Kanto Flashbacks...

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Something we've often craved is more references to the past, and recently we've had two of them- first we have the callback to Pikachu's refusal to evolve, and we've just seen Ash recall capturing his second pokemon, Caterpie, long thought forgotten. We went through Kanto a whole second time with no such callbacks, and now two occur within a few months? Do you think the writers are putting in more past references for a reason?

5Turtwis23

Riolu Master
Interesting writers decided to do it bring back memories

Andywoo

Banned
Maybe its the same reason that the elite 4 members have turned up? who knows, maybe there just reminding people what happened all those years ago

I guess they're starting to put a lot of flashbacks because, like, not everyone can remember what happened 10 years ago or whatever </3. That's probably the main reason why flashbacks have been in a lot of episodes, these days. In my opinion, I love flashbacks. :3 I think they're a great addition to the show. Specially when they show a flashback that we've never seen. Like the one in one of the Wallace Cup episodes. We saw Drew+his Roserade. <~

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I love it to be honest. I'm preferring DP over all the other seasons. Not just because of the reference's, but I'm enjoying seeing all the things they used to miss out. Abilities are showing up more often, some attacks that were left in the shadow's are being used more, and older Pokémon (Ursaring, Machoke etc.) are showing up too.

DP has the whole "anything can happen" stigma, but it's actually brilliant in my opinion. I love (most) of the Pokémon, especially Croagunk, Staravia, and Buneary.

I love Team Rocket and Brock more this saga. I'm loving every bit of it.

Iota

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
So who here thinks they'll show that flashback of the Porygon incident when Porygon-Z shows up?

latios reborn

It's nothing well the caterpie thing was. But the Raichu vs. Pikachu was pretty much the same thing as back with surge

I am satisfied with you porygon episode was banned, porygon 2 never showed up so why porygon z will be shown. It may enlighten old memory.

Highor

Probably they will bring Primeape back...

I can dream about it...

MaskedManAbsolkid

It's interesting to see that they're showing flashbacks. We need more of these. Incidentally, why was the Caterpie flashback shown?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's interesting to see that they're showing flashbacks. We need more of these. Incidentally, why was the Caterpie flashback shown?

Ash was thinking about his first Pokemon capture, which is Caterpie.

Funny, we've had continuity from Kanto and Hoenn in DP, but when was the last time anything from Johto was brought up?

About the only thing I can think of is when Jessie pulled out her half necklace from the Blissey episode, but that was more of Jessie's past than that ep.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
I'd say they're only doing it to show the younger and newer viewers the past of the show. I doubt many of their new viewers have seen the old episodes and probably never even knew Ash had a Caterpie.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'd say they're only doing it to show the younger and newer viewers the past of the show. I doubt many of their new viewers have seen the old episodes and probably never even knew Ash had a Caterpie.

Very true. Some of us have to realize a new generation of kids are growing up with the show now and never saw the older episodes.

There are 7 year olds getting into Pokemon for the first time, they obviously have no clue what happened in the past. This is the writers way to bring them up to speed.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
There was one in the first Nando ep, DP004 I belive? Ash remembers when he defended Pikachu from the flock of Spearow.

scissorX

I think it is pretty much another marketing scheme. I mean as XanderCage said not many of the new generation are aware that there even was a Kanto, and the writers want them to go out and buy the DVD's etc. Heck, why'd you think there are all these old movies being summarised in Oak's section recently.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Funny, we've had continuity from Kanto and Hoenn in DP, but when was the last time anything from Johto was brought up?

When Phanpy was brought back to evolve. :|

I only remember three flashbacks from Johto and they actually happened within Johto. I suppose they did this because they knew they had so many episodes here that they'd all blur together after a while. The first was at the very beginning of the Chikorita capture episode that I remember for obvious reason. Then Ash recalled seeing Suicune long enough to send the guy with the Suicune thing into a frenzy. Then Misty went all Brock-o over Corsola because Professor Elm had one. Her quirky lapse of sanity continued throughout the Whirl Islands until she caught one, which I actually enjoyed because it made her interesting for about 10 episodes.