• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We Have the Sea and We Have Valleys! Pokémon Evolution Training!! (1049)

Evanibble

Overall I enjoyed this episode. Sophocles is not exactly the most engaging character in a normal episode (he's in fact one of the least engaging, next to Mallow, in my opinion), but he really shined in this episode, and made me appreciate him a little more. He overcame his fears, bonded with his Pokemon more, and developed a rivalry. In that regard, this episode is a positive for me.

I think it's fair to say the double evolution was rushed, and that Popplio should have evolved earlier (I personally think that would have been better), and made a focus episode on I'a and Lana, but the way they just threw it in this episode is also fine by me. Popplio has had a substantial amount of development by this point that, honestly, it could have evolved at any point and you could still justify it.

This episode also very obviously implies Lana will get Primarina soon, but probably towards the end (probably post-league, and maybe around the time Lillie's Vulpix probably evolves, too). The Z-crystal was unexpected, but I like that she--and later Kiawe--are expanding their collections of crystals.

All-in-all, good episode. The Poni arc is probably one of my favorites at this point, and i'm not even caught up yet.

Vipsoccermaster

Loved this episode! I was more invested into screen-time of Lana, Popplio, Ida, and Primarina than Sophocles, Charjabug, and Horacio. Props to Sophocles having Charjabug evolving into Vikavolt and saving Horacio.

It's nice to see Popplio and Sandy "playing" with Primarina, although Ida admits that and is part of training. It's awesome to see Primarina perform Oceanic Operetta and then Lana trained Popplio off-screen during that night. And then Popplio evolved into Brionne. Loved its evolution animation. Finaly, since Ida gave Lana a Primarinium-Z, even that confirms Lana getting Primarina, because she wouldn't have if Ida never gave it to her. Great to see Lana's Primarina being on the main cast for a time.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wow! A double evolution! AND getting the Primarium Z hints at a future final evolution, which would make Lana the first girl to fully evolve a starter since May!

I also did not expect Horacio and THE RED CHARJABUG to appear in this episode! I really thought they were filler characters!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Sophocles just got the evolution and still doesn’t have a Z-Ring of his own.

Since Ash has Electrium Z, there's no reason for Sophocles to get a Z ring

So if I got a Rockruff, would that mean I'm evolving it to a Lycanroc? Maybe I will, but maybe I won't show it.

How is this equivalent? You would have to mention Lycanium Z for it to become equivalent. The discussion was about Primarium Z.

Ahh. So Ash's Torracat isn't evolving because he doesn't have his Z-Move. Got it.

"If P then Q" being true does NOT imply that "If not P then not Q" is also true. The law of the contrapositive states that the only thing it implies is that "If not Q then not P" is true. In this case, this sentence would be true: "Ash doesn't have an Incinium Z because Torracat isn't evolving" NOT the vice versa way you phrased it. Learn basic logic dude.

I shall believe it when I see it.

Then again, Brionne and Vulpix don't have an Everstone stuck in their throats. Ha ha.

Also, too late to bring it up to my reformed mind.

Ahh, so Brionne is evolving in less than 50 episodes. Got it.

These posts are all a really bad look from you, bro. I'm surprised

Sorry, but this is still low percentage of spotlights among all the SM episodes aired so far, nothing in the same scale like Hikari, in which the producers/writers should put more efforts.

Dawn was the only girl; this is a saga with three girls, and it's shorter than Dawn's saga by 25%.

But there was nothing natural about Goomy's absurdly fast evolutions and the fact it evolved through its own Rain Dance.

Ash's Pignite was a mistake.

Thank you, Bianca.

What do these have to do with anything?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Too late to reply to my changed thoughts, internet Lilligant.

TOO LATE.
I just watched the episode last week lol. Timing of response does not eliminate your actual words!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Uhh yes there is lol? Even if it’s the Steel or Bug Z-Crystal, it makes no sense for the rest of the cast to have Z-Rings and not Soph.
I'm not really talking about what makes sense; I'm talking about how the writers probably view the situation

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I think the best part of the episode was when Primarina made the big bubble. Popplio's bubble was also ok. There was some evolution which is good for team development but I am not so certain that they NEEDED to evolve. Unless we count the gift that Lana got at the end? Then again I cant really see the evolving as bad events either.

Last edited:
I'll miss Charjabug's cute little voice.