• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jeppo

I'm a sad Genwunner and I just want the starters to go back to Gen 1 and 2 style or at least more to choose from. I can't get used to the weird style and I long for the simpler days.

I like to RPG and get attached to my Pokémon, but this is the first game I actually boxed mine after a while.

PCN24454

I'm a sad Genwunner and I just want the starters to go back to Gen 1 and 2 style or at least more to choose from. I can't get used to the weird style and I long for the simpler days.

I like to RPG and get attached to my Pokémon, but this is the first game I actually boxed mine after a while.
What is Gen 1 or 2 style?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
What is Gen 1 or 2 style?
Thinking it is more "animalistic" designs though the trend of humanoid-ish starters only really started from Gen 7. To be fair Skeledirge is the most "beast-like" of the final Gen 9 starter evolutions.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They might have started a trend but I think all three of them are quite cool. Even if Greninja ended up the most popular.

And yes, I like even Delphox. Don't get the hate, personally. Not my favorite by any means but far from being the "disaster" some make it to be. I like the change of pace after 3 half fighting fire starters.

TL;DR: 'Coz Kalos is cool :8

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
My problem with Skeledirge I think it's the mouth flames the same as with Charizard X. It just looks more silly than cool. But I do love Skeledirge's motif with the egg and the bird

Tbh I love how starters have more personality and motifs nowadays. I think it's probably due to now that they aren't restricted to sprites
They are also all based on real-life cultural aspects from the regions they're from too, which only really started happening in Generation VII. Skeledirge, for instance, is based in part on the alebrije, colorful spirit animals that guard families (which were popularized in the Pixar film Coco--though based on Mexican culture, the alebrije is also present in Spain).

Ryker101

Just saw it properly in game. Yeah nah don’t like it at all. Just looks off to me, that uncanny valley feel

Baggie_Saiyan

They might have started a trend but I think all three of them are quite cool. Even if Greninja ended up the most popular.

And yes, I like even Delphox. Don't get the hate, personally. Not my favorite by any means but far from being the "disaster" some make it to be. I like the change of pace after 3 half fighting fire starters.

TL;DR: 'Coz Kalos is cool :8
On Delphy I think it may have been that the model was pretty bad as she looked somewhat cool in the anime.

Anyway Blazekin is probably imo the ugliest final starter evo period. It looks like a wrestler dressed in a poor chicken outfit... (In fact Gen 3 overall was the most disappointing for me as Grovyle was so cool looking and the Sceptile happened & Swampet not the biggest fan either)

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
That didn’t age well! Quaxly is still the most unpopular paldea starter, so I was right!

Hisuian Samurott also meets the same fate as Quaxly!

How about you stop with the !!!! crap and stop talking like your opinions are gonna be 100% agreed with.
Nobody cares if Quaquaval is the least popular starter. Samurott has been getting more and more fans as time went on. You are not right just because you keep screaming into thin air. People that like the Pokemon are allowed to like them regardless of popularity, which does not matter in the slightest anyways.

Espeonite

TBH I did not like any of the final starters design and I don't like how humanoid the grass cat and peacock are.