• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We Start at Zero! Clemont's Decision!! (940)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
We Start at Zero! Clemont's Decision!!

Team Flare's plan has been thwarted by Ash & Co. and the Gym Leaders of the region, and it is time to rebuild as Lumiose City gradually returns to normal. Clemont works on rebuilding Clembot, but is disheartened to learn that it has no memories of the past. When a trainer returns to the gym for a rematch against Clembot, Clemont is unsure if it's a wise course of action due to the memory loss. Will the challenge be accepted and will the trainer win the badge?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
My stream broke when Cubone vs Magneton was happening. But Pyroar vs Magneton was a simply a joke. What hurts the writers so much to show the full battle.

Last edited:

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Something tells me that inner monologue Alain was having before the commercial break was important. Also, I don't think his Mega Ring or Charizard's Mega Stone were mentioned in the episode, at least from what I could gather on my basic understanding of Japanese. He did mention Lysandre, so that probably means he returned those objects.

Otherwise, a good episode to follow up the Flare Arc. Glad to see things slowly returning back to normal. Now, does anyone know why they held a party for Alain? Was he coming out of the slammer or something?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Something tells me that inner monologue Alain was having before the commercial break was important. Also, I don't think his Mega Ring or Charizard's Mega Stone were mentioned in the episode, at least from what I could gather on my basic understanding of Japanese. He did mention Lysandre, so that probably means he returned those objects.

Otherwise, a good episode to follow up the Flare Arc. Glad to see things slowly returning back to normal. Now, does anyone know why they held a party for Alain? Was he coming out of the slammer or something?

Was it not to congratulate him on his victory in the league?

dark-tulip1

Does anyone have an HQ picture of Ash celebrating wearing the medals with his entire team before they take the group picture?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I got pretty bored watching it. It would have been cool to see the Cubone evolve into Alolan Marowak. But eh.

I ended up skipping parts because I found it boring - might watch the whole episode when subs are released.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I guess that was our version of the parade at the end of X and Y.

I guess so. But that monologue he had near the end made it sound like he wasn't exactly thrilled from his victory. Like he didn't deserve it compared to Ash... But that's just me griping over the little things. The episode was good to watch overall.

Well he's not wrong then... He was lucky the writers screwed up ;)

Zero1999

Does Alain quit being a trainer?

I just noticed his Mega Ring and Charizardite X are missing by the looks of it, he will beacome and assitant again?

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Wow Clement's screentime got robbed again by Ash and Alain. He really is getting shafted hard by the writers...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't know what everyone was expecting but this episode seemed to be a aftermath episode from the very beginning. Sure Clemont's name is on it, but it seems the We Start at Zero was a resolve for everyone. What sort of big development did people expect? He fixed Citroid and the summary stated the kid wanted a rematch against Citroid.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Based Getta Ban Ban is Based. It's nice how for the final episodes they're bringing back the songs throughout the series (XYZ 42 - VVolt XYZ 44 - Getta Ban Ban XYZ 45 - Dori Dori)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Nice little episode.

I want to see a translation of Alan's inner monologue while in the car and between him and Ash in the lab. It sounded like Ash persuaded Alan for another battle and he gave in, but TR interrupted.

Pretty mediocre episode. Art and animation weren't at a standard level today with some weird proportions all over the place and many lifeless expressions. Cubone VS Heliolisk looks nice though. I guess that they're saving the best animators for the very last episodes and S&M.

I really like that Ash gets his 20 seconds of fame for being the runner-up of the Kalos League (thanks for helping save the World, I guess?).

That watered-down equivalent of the parade in X and Y, whoa that's lame. I find it funny that Alain won't let his other Pokémon have some fresh air.

Red and Blue

Nice little episode.

I want to see a translation of Alan's inner monologue while in the car and between him and Ash in the lab. It sounded like Ash persuaded Alan for another battle and he gave in, but TR interrupted.

He did? Well that was Ash's last chance to beat him. Too bad

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The Clemont focused moments were boring and predictable. I'm glad that kid beat him, he earned it. That was a nice party for Alan, I didn't pay much attention to his dialogue with Ash but they were about to battle before TR showed up (lol). I'm sure he was reflecting over the incident and he told Ash he still doesn't know what he wanted to do yet. I loved the picture at the end and everyone counting down for the fireworks. Loved the flashback of Serena thinking about Yashio's offer after Clemont asked what she was gonna do. But of course she doesn't know yet, Ash's battle with her better clear her mind on things. We believe in you Serena!!

Oh and TR appearing was pointless as always.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Pretty mediocre episode. Art and animation weren't at a standard level today with some weird proportions all over the place and many lifeless expressions. Cubone VS Heliolisk looks nice though. I guess that they're saving the best animators for the very last episodes and S&M.

I really like that Ash gets his 20 seconds of fame for being the runner-up of the Kalos League (thanks for helping save the World, I guess?).

That watered-down equivalent of the parade in X and Y, whoa that's lame. I find it funny that Alain won't let his other Pokémon have some fresh air.

I legit am starting to believe (with the exception of Metagross) that he only caught those Pokémon for the league, and could care less for them.

Hell Guillotine Bisharp would have helped tremendously during Team Flare Alain..

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I legit am starting to believe (with the exception of Metagross) that he only caught those Pokémon for the league, and could care less for them.

Hell Guillotine Bisharp would have helped tremendously during Team Flare Alain..
Those Pokémon were probably owned by Team Flare as with his Mega Ring & Stone. He returned them. And his Charizard is his powerhouse and the one that got the most focus/did the most damage. Anyone else loved Hawlucha's stance in the picture? I did!!