• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We Start at Zero! Clemont's Decision!! (940)

Red and Blue

Anyone find it a bit odd that Sawyer left the series without any final goodbyes?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Anyone find it a bit odd that Sawyer left the series without any final goodbyes?

I think Sawyer was with Tierno, Trevor and Shauna during the TF arc, so I imagine he's with them. Would be odd if he doesn't show up again though, considering the aforementioned trio are appearing in the next episode.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Just expect him to suddenly stop following Ash's scent, because SSS's going to JOHTO!

He'll probably visit Kanto first, so he can see with his own eyes the land where his idol was born and raised, and gain some wonderful EXP. Then he'll go to Johto and disappear into the abyss with the rest of Ash's friends.

Dogninja78

Professor Sycamore probably just needs to move to a new lab at this point. XD

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Professor Sycamore probably just needs to move to a new lab at this point. XD

No, he just needs to build his lab out of oricalcum and ditch the glass ceiling. Or he needs to stop inviting Ash and his friends over, since his lab always seems to get damaged when they're around. :p

So they didn't say it outright but it seems implied that Alan was briefly in jail or juvenile detention or whatever. Nice touch.

I would like to imagine he and Professor Sycamore were on their way back from Lysandre Labs, where Alain picked up his belongings (assuming he had anything else aside from that ghastly outfit) and do...whatever he did with his Key Stone and Charizardite X. Unless he admitted to having worked with Lysandre, no one outside Ash and his friends, Mairin, Professor Sycamore, Team Rocket, and the Team Flare admins and grunts even know that he worked for Team Flare. Of course, it's possible one of his former "colleagues" outed him, but...

Tootheorist

So they didn't say it outright but it seems implied that Alan was briefly in jail or juvenile detention or whatever. Nice touch.

Garchomp said "Alan!" in a Scooby Doo voice, hahahahaha!

"I've always been saved by you. This time is no different. I cannot win against you." So Alan won the official battle but Ash is the better trainer, I wish Alan had just said it out loud but I'm glad they addressed it.

The battle wasn't overly exciting but it did its job story-wise, showing how Citroid needs to re-learn battle skills. I want Dialga to give him back his memories. Is it just me or do the animators love Rain Dance?

Team Rocket battle I could take or leave but I like that they kept up the gag of them trashing Sycamore's lab.

Overall I really like this one, a really nice "things getting back to normal" ep, good mix of joyful and sad elements. I've got to give them credit for doing an epilogue arc of sorts, I've seen a lot of anime that end right at the final conflict with little or no denouement.
I also think Alain got into detention for a while. Remember that his mega ring is gone, and also isn't he supposed to battle the elite 4 because of the league or something i miss? Because Alain IS the league winner, he should've been eligible to battle against elite 4. Yeah Kalos rebuilding, but even then he should've received some letter saying he is ok to go challenge the elite 4 when everything back to normal. Once again me being tootheoretical..maybe Alain really does get revoked of his league status. Why? Ash should've asked him, shouldn't you battle the elite 4? But no, Ash ask him what he would do now? Ash also seems to just ok with his question..it's 2/3 weeks something must have happened in between.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I also think Alain got into detention for a while. Remember that his mega ring is gone, and also isn't he supposed to battle the elite 4 because of the league or something i miss? Because Alain IS the league winner, he should've been eligible to battle against elite 4. Yeah Kalos rebuilding, but even then he should've received some letter saying he is ok to go challenge the elite 4 when everything back to normal. Once again me being tootheoretical..maybe Alain really does get revoked of his league status. Why? Ash should've asked him, shouldn't you battle the elite 4? But no, Ash ask him what he would do now? Ash also seems to just ok with his question..it's 2/3 weeks something must have happened in between.

Malva turned herself in which would explain why there wouldn't be a championship league. Also Alain gave up his ring and stone voluntarily

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Wait that really happened? I must've missed it.

It was a very brief moment, but Malva said she would take care of the rest of Team Flare and then turn herself into to Officer Jenny. So that's one Elite 4 member Alain won't be able to battle (even though he already battled and defeated her once). As for the rest of the Elite 4 members... Where in the name of Arceus have they been all this time?

Tootheorist

It was a very brief moment, but Malva said she would take care of the rest of Team Flare and then turn herself into to Officer Jenny. So that's one Elite 4 member Alain won't be able to battle (even though he already battled and defeated her once). As for the rest of the Elite 4 members... Where in the name of Arceus have they been all this time?
Oh i see. Ok then, i understand he won't be battling E4. But thwn again it's anime, Malva might get easy release, while Alain will be interrogated for his ties.

Red and Blue

He went back to being Sycamore's asssitant. Even if Malva got off easy I doubt he would show any interest in fighting the E4

EeveelutionTrainer

I love how this episode has an epilogue feel to it (part of that probably has to do with the 3 week break though). I love how the main cast (Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie) feels confident, strong, and act as veterans, really cementing just how much they had gone through and learned. I also like that the kid reacts to Ash as a celebrity, even though the Kalos league loss still stings.

I love the Sycamore and Alain interactions, their relationship really seems like a genuine father-older son relationship, with Sycamore trying to coax Alain out of being so down on himself. And I found that Alain monologue (something like "I cannot win against you") really intriguing. His genuine sadness really makes it feel that Alain felt bad about his role in the TF crisis.

Overall great episode!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well this episode had some cool moments like Team Rocket receiving Giovanni's hologram message and when Ash's group received medals for saving Lumiose city. I liked seeing Alain interacting with Sycamore's lab pokemon, but the Clembot getting swept by the gym challenger kid kind of bugged me. ^^;

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
A late review, but I guess it's time for me to come to the conclusion and aftermath of the Team Flare/Kalos League.

The best aspect of the episode right off the bat is that it does not shrink away from the consequences of the Flare incident. Not only are the buildings are being repaired, but it addressed the whole Alain's involvement with Team Flare and didn't feel like a total copout. At the beginning, it's implied that Alain had to take a leave of absence from Mairin and others due to his involvement with Team Flare (and apparently, he gave up his Mega Stone and Mega Ring as admittingly they belong to Lysandre). Alain, as I suspected, still blames himself for what has happen even if he didn't fully know of Lysandre's true plans. That is something I had always argued about since the Kalos League, and I am glad that it is vindicated. No amount of forgiveness from Ash, Mairin and others could ever change the fact that Alain was partially to blame for the whole mess (he even states it's nearly unforgivable). The only downside is that there is no promised rematch between Ash-Greninja and Mega Charizard X now (though Alain privately admits he would not win the next time they fight), but then again it'll be some time before Alain gets a clean slate from the poison that is Team Flare.

Speaking of clean slate, I do like the Clemont/Clembot relationship during the battle against Alva. Clemobot is very robotic and he virtually telegraphs his whole strategy like a new player starting his first Pokémon Gym battle, with all the mentioning of types and strategy. I do like the Rain Dance and Thunder combination. Despite the title, it's almost of subplot with the main focus being on Alain and Ash in the post-Flare world.

One thing funny to note is that the whole medal ceremony is called the Kalos League ceremony and that everyone who fought against Flare gets a medal for their effort. It seems that the Kalos League award ceremony was officially suspended due to Team Flare and heavily retooled in light of the outcome. So technically, Ash has entered in the Hall of Fame for the second time (and his friends plus Alain & Mairin enter in the Hall of Fame for the first time). And amusingly, Sycamore calls Ash the runner up of Kalos but nobody in the entire episode ever refers to Alain as the Champion (probably because Alain would feel unconfortable of being called that after all that has happened during Team Flare). The celebration is on Ash and Alain together, along with everyone else.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I also like that the kid reacts to Ash as a celebrity, even though the Kalos league loss still stings.

The whole region has acted as if Ash was a celebrity/the son of Arceus since the second XY episode though. I didn't care for the medal ceremony itself because we didn't get the AZ battle.