• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We Will Not Be Broken (OU RMT)

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Introduction

Now that I've finally landed myself on the UU leaderboard completely unaided, I've set my sights on OU. I'm not nearly as experienced in OU, so I figure I'll need some help this time.

This team is interesting because it combines two of the best synergy combinations in OU into one team.

First Look
mmachamp.png
||
mcelebi.png
||
mheatran.png
||
mstarmie.png
||
mgliscor.png
||
fblissey.png

The Lead

mmachamp.png

Machamp @ Lum Berry ** (Ahnold)
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 240 Hp / 244 Atk / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Ability: No Guard
-Dynamicpunch
-Bullet Punch
-Payback
-Ice Punch

Why I Chose Machamp: Machamp has become extremely popular as an OU lead recently, and for good reason. Machamp only has problems with an extremely small number of opposing leads, and if used properly, it can continue to deal high ammounts of damage all the way into late game. It's definitely reliable on a team like mine.

EVs: I've only made a small change from the usual Lead Machamp's EV spread, and that's adding 4 EVs to Speed from Attack so I can outspeed the standard Blissey and other Lead Machamp. The small SpD investment along with the HP ensures that Machamp will not be KO'ed by a Lead Azelf's Psychic. The Attack is self-explanatory.

Synergy:
Flying: Heatran
Psychic: Celebi | Starmie | Heatran

The Sweeping Force

Special Sweeper/Revenge Killer

mheatran.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf ** (Sunspot)
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Explosion

Why I Chose Heatran: First part of the CeleTran combination. Heatran has fabulous typing, as well as extremely powerful offense and a solid movepool. Heatran acts as a glue for the team, covering weakneses and offering powerful offensive moves to compliment my team.

EVs: Standard for a ScarfTran, max Speed and Special Attack for the best possible sweeping, with the remaining 4 EVs in Attack to give Explosion a bit more oomph.

Synergy:
Water: Celebi | Starmie
Ground: Celebi | Gliscor
Fighting: Celebi | Starmie | Gliscor

Special Attacker/Crippler

mcelebi.png

Celebi @ Life Orb ** (Chronos)
Nature: Modest
EVs: 232 Hp / 240 SpA / 36 Spe
Ability: Natural Cure
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Thunder Wave
-Recover

Why I Chose Celebi: Celebi is a dangerous Pokemon when used correctly, especially the Tink set. Its high Special Attack paired with STAB Leaf Storm allows it to put serious dents in even the most hardy of Special Walls. Thunder Wave allows it to cripple its likely counters, while Recover allows it to keep going and going (like the Energizer Bunny).

EVs: Again, very similar to the standard Tink set, with only a slight modification. I took 4 EVs from Special Attack (which doesn't affect the ability to OHKO Max HP Tyranitar with SR up) and moved them to speed. Since Celebi is running HP Fire, its Speed is reduced by one point, and thus requires 4 more EVs to retain its original purpose of outspeeding Jolly Tyranitar.

Synergy:
Flying: Heatran
Fire: Heatran | Starmie
Ice: Heatran | Starmie
Poison: Heatran | Gliscor
Bug: Heatran | Gliscor | Machamp
Dark: Heatran | Machamp
Ghost: Heatran | Blissey

Special Sweeper/Rapid Spinner

mstarmie.png

Starmie @ Life Orb ** (StarStud)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Why I Chose Starmie: Originally, I was using a Bulky SubCune, and it worked quite well with my team. The only problem was, I had issues with Spikes, Stealth Rock , and Toxic Spikes. So, I changed Suicune to LOStarmie and threw on Rapid Spin over Recover. It worked quite well, and it stayed.

EVs: Standard spread for an LOStarmie. Max Speed and Special Attack for sweeping, and the rest thrown into SpD so Starmie gets 11 attacks with the Life Orb instead of 10.

Synergy:
Electric: Celebi | Gliscor
Grass: Heatran | Celebi
Bug: Machamp | Heatran | Gliscor
Dark: Machamp | Heatran
Ghost: Heatran | Blissey

The Defensive Force

Physical Tank/Scout/Staller

mgliscor.png

Gliscor @ Leftovers ** (Batman)
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 244 Hp / 48 Def / 216 Spe
Ability: Sand Veil
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Roost
-U-Turn

Why I Chose Gliscor: Gliscor has fantastic synergy with almost any team, boasting resistances or immunities to five common types. Combine that with 75/125/75 Base Defenses, Roost, and the ability to lay SR. That gives you one of the best Physical Tanks in the metagame. Add in its high Base 95 Speed and the ability to scout with U-Turn, and you've got Gliscor. The commonality of Tyranitar (and thus, Sandstorm) was another factor. Gliscor's Sand Veil ability is excellent for a defensive Pokemon like him.

EVs: Another slight deviation. 244 EVs in Hp hits the maximum Leftovers Recovery point, which I think is more beneficial than Max Hp. The other 8 EVs, as well as the 40 from Speed, all go into Defense for more durability.

Synergy:
Ice: Heatran | Starmie
Water: Celebi | Starmie

Special Wall/Wish Passer/Toxic Staller

fblissey.png

Blissey @ Leftovers ** (PhatGurl)
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spe
-Wish
-Protect
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic

Why I Chose Blissey: Because its the best Special Wall in the game. Its access to Wish allows me to support my team members who can't heal themselves. Toxic and Protect allow me to stall out dangerous Pokemon and cripple offensive sweepers. What more do you want?

EVs: Max Hp and Def allow Blissey to take weak Physical hits. The 4 Spe allows Blissey to outspeed its fellow Base 55's.

Synergy:
Fighting: Celebi | Starmie | Gliscor​

Final Thoughts: This team is incredibly solid, but it has problems working around opposing Blissey. It's not hugely problematic, but it does get annoying as the matches involving Blissey tend to drag. Anyone with a way to fix this without destroying the synergy or switching the Pokemon's utility roles is welcome to suggest it.

That's all folks! Hope you enjoyed my RMT. Cheers, and fire away!​

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Just a quick thing, but if Salamence gets a DD on Heatran locked into Fire Blast/Earth Power, it's as good as gg. He would also have little trouble setting up on Gliscor/Blissey with Toxic being the only thing to really concern him. Only way I can see you have to deal with it is locking it into Outrage, then revenging with Heatran.

Otherwise, I can't see any major glaring weaks, bar the normal can't-switch-into-MixMence-very-well one that most teams have.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
I haven't had all that much trouble with DDMence, mostly because its pretty predictable. And yes, while that may be the best method I have to kill DDMence, it usually works. Do you think there's anything I could change so I could play around it a bit better?

Ok, sounds good. Meh, MixMence isn't all that hard to deal with so long as you predict it correctly.

Thanks for the rate.

Bulldozer968

There are a few things I immediately notice about your team.

1. You have no sweeper (that is a pokemon that can set up and kill multiple opponents).

2. Your Gliscor is not running a set with Taunt.

3. Only 1 of your pokemon is not hit by Spikes. Only 2 are immune to Toxic Spikes. Only 2 resist Stealth Rock. Only 2 are not hit by Sandstorm. Only 2 have leftovers and 2 have Life Orbs. This means residual damage will add up VERY quickly on your team.

Putting this all together, you have a team that is extraordinarily weak to Stall. You can fix this by removing the abve problems. First, get at least 1 sweeper. Gyarados can probably replace Celebi since it not only pairs fantastically type-wise with Heatran but also is immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes and can learn Taunt. In addition it's physical while Heatran is special, meaning you can more easily force switches and gain time to Dragon Dance. I would thus recommend the bulky Taunt set since it has decent longevity and can do a number on Stall.

Next, give Gliscor Taunt and Toxic to replace Stealth Rock and U-Turn. This will easily defeat many walls (especially your problem Blissey) by disabling their recovery and rackng up Toxic damage.

Now you need something else to use Stealth Rock. I would recommend giving this to Heatran, and more specifically running the following set since it makes an excellent pair with your Machamp lead:
Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
(To read about why this works so well, go to http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue9/leads.)

Finally, to improve your longevity, give Starmie the defensive Rapid Spin set with Leftovers, Surf, TBolt, Rapid Spin, and Recover. This Starmie can already threaten many pokemon on stall teams and will not die very quickly. This will allow it to stay around for repeated uses of Rapid Spin and will give it more chances to attack.

As for Blissey, it's kind of iffy. If you must keep it I would use Flamethrower over Seismic Toss isnce it hits ghosts and also is super-effective against the oh-so-common steel-types (it's especially good for predicting Forretress or Scizor). If you decide against Blissey, look for maybe another sweeper or perhaps a Tyranitar to counter Rotom-H which will give Gyarados and Starmie problems otherwise.

Anyway, good luck. I hope I helped remove your Stall weakness and improved your team a little.

Hughesy

Ill just go with what i know here.

@ bulldozer Flamethrower blissey can work charms. Believe it or not it @HKO skarms and destroys scizors forretres. Also can out stall some jirachi and will beat opposing grass pokemon and is a great counter to hail teams. Since hail teams pretty much all have blizzard as the main attack blisey can easily beat them. Also on blissey This spread works ten times better.
252 Def/ 252 Sp.Def/ 6 HP
As you will be taking special attacks way better. Blissey with MAX HP is like overkill for HP.

With celebi a suggestion would be putting leech seed> Recover or T-wave whatever floats your boat. The reason being you will out stall so many things especially blissey. It will cause so many swithches and can pass it on to something that can counter.

@ bulldozers idea : gliscor DEFINATELY needs taunt otherwise you will become very weak to stall teams pokemon. Although it your decision on SR honestly its what ever you feel is more comfortable.

Your team i feel lacks a phazer wich can easily check salamence and all others setting up.

I feel you are lacking a set up sweeper but i really dont know what to get rid off for one. Gyara could work but then celebi would be gone and leech seed is a great stall breaker.

I dont know how you would feel with this idea but i dont recommend it if you dont want to.
You could replace starmie with special deffense forretres. Reason, your team could change its exploder which ill explain. run this if you want to
Forretress @leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 6 Atk
~explosion
~toxic spikes/Spikes
~rapid spin
~payback/Spikes

He can work great with celebi, as leech seed will be causing switches, or you could go sleep talk gyara but i think it might be a bitof a big change for this team. He's fire weakness pairs well with heatran. Even if you run Bulldozers.

The reason to change the exploder (just an idea) is so you can substitute on heatran over explosion. as it will sweep better and it will put a dent in anything.

Hope you have a think about these ideas.
Goodluck.