• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

We will survive

eggman62

This is my new OU team that i have been using on PO for a little while now, while it's been quite succesful it has a somewhat large flaw, that strangely enough I cant figure out. So thats why I would really appreciate it if someone could help me figure out the problem that this team has.

Quick team preview

Empoleon
imgres

Donphan
Ash_Donphan_Rollout.png

Chansey
113Chansey.png

conkeldurr
conkeldurr_v_2_by_xous54-d38f657.png

reuniclus
reuniclus.png

yanmega
33448-173942-YanmegaFINALXouspng-620x.jpg

As i said before this team does really well on PO but i cannot figure out its main flaw

Empoleon@leftovers
abillity: torrent
EV: 252 hp, 252 sdef, 4 spatk
nature: careful: sdef+ -atk
-roar
-stealth rock
-scald
-ice beam

standard empoleon set stealth rock to apply pressure to opponent and roar to phaze. scald for chance to burn and ice for dragon switch in. Empoleon works vey well on the team as its main role is to rack up damage so yanmega can go for a sweep.

Donphan@leftovers
abillity: sturdy
EV:252 hp, 252 def, 4 atk
nature: impish: def+ -spatk
-rapid spin
-roar
-earthquake
-stealth rock/toxic

this donphan is the polor opposite of empoleon and both have very similar roles. rapid spin to get rid of entry hazard, roar to phaze and earthquake so im not taunt bait. the choice between stealth rocks and toxic is quiet complex as if i have two pokemon with rocks im pratically guareented to set it up on the first turn but is relativly useless once its been used. toxic on the other hand racks up passive damage what really helps this team.

Chansey@eviloite
ability:natural cure
Ev: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 sdef
nature: bold: def+ -atk
-wish
-heal bell
-seismic toss
-protect

chansey is the glue of the team and as such i find that sometimes if she faints too early it becomes very hard for the rest of team. wish is the most usefull move of the entire team as it heals nearly every member back to full health, which is espicelly helpfull for donphan and empoleon as they lack recovery. heal bell gets rid of statuses, which is very helpful and seismic toss does reliable damage. protect ensures that i can get a wish on chansey

conkeldurr@leftovers
ability:guts
EV: 252 hp, 252 sdef, 4 atk
Nature: calm +sdef -satk
-bulk up
-mach punch
-drain puch
-payback

while it lacks as much strenght as other conkeldurrs it is a pain to take down once it gets a bulk up, as it specially bulky enough to take stab attacks from pokemon like gengar and chandelure. we all know the mach punch and drain punch combo and payback is fo perfect coverage and ghosts

reuniclus@life orb
abillity: magic guard
EV: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 satk
Nature: bold +def -atk
-calm mind
-psychic
-focus blast
-recover

reuniclus is the opposite of conkeldurr performing the same role but with special attacks. like conkeldurr it becomes incredibly difficult to defeat after it has gained a calm mind or two. psychic is for stab and focus blast is for covergae while recover ennoys the crap out of opponents

yanmega@choice specs
ability: tinted lens
EV: 252 spd, 252 satk
nature: timid +spd -atk
-bug buzz
-air slash
-hidden power ice
-giga drain

this thing is a beast with tinted lens and choice spes it can ko alot of pokemon the only moves it really needs is bug buzz and air slash as it achives a neutral hit on pratically every type thanks to tinted lens, however hidden power ice is incredibly usefull for taking out gliscor and giga drain works very well against rain teams.

now there you have it, the team works very well but there is something missing what i cannot put my finger on so any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Your not supposed to bump after 4 hours. It seems that your whole team is defensive and pretty slow. Adding a Dragon dancer wouldn't be a bad idea. You could get someone like Gyarados over Empoleon. I'll do a full rate later since i have to go soon.

Scaldaver

Limitless
Give Empoleon ariel ace, for fighting and grass types. Its too slow to use roar particuarly well.

Vandslaux

Give Conk a bit less SpD investment, more Atk, and Adamant/Careful. Why does he have a Calm nature, doing nothing for him but hindering his Atk?

eggman62

^ my bad conkeldurr has a careful nature not a calm one. With a max sdef it can take multiple hits from gengars shadow ball while chandelures fire blast is not a certail 2ko.

^^ since roar has negative priority empoleons speed is not an issue

^^^ thanks gyardoss is a good suggestion as it is a lot more offensive but I'm not sure whether it glues well with yanmega as they share a lot of the same weakness