• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weakest in existence?

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
In Generations I and II, Magikarp's Pokédex entry contained something about it being the "weakest in existence." In Generation III and the Battle Frontier (at least according to the official listing), Sunkern has the lowest base stats and is considered the weakest.

Who holds this title in Generation IV?

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Still Sunkern I believe. I think Caterpie, Weedle, and Wurmple are also somewhere in that area.

Dattebayo

Banned
I would say Pichu because of how much it stunk in Melee, but I'm not trying to be a complete idiot. The truth is that I'm not sure, I think Sunkern still holds the title.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Not to bash the poor little thing but, who needs Tentacool? i think hes weak in existance.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Sunflora in the top 5 highest for Special Attack?

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Yea, I know but it's all worth while once you get a Sun Stone.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Not to bash the poor little thing but, who needs Tentacool? i think hes weak in existance.
Well I need it for the sake of tentacruel....
for the sake of stats if hit by a super effective move Shedinja take the most damage in the entire game.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Sunkern might have a lower stat total than Magikarp but in a fight it would definitely win. The only reason why Magikarp has a higher total is because of its Speed (50 higher) and Defense (25 higher). Magikarp can't do much to Sunkern's drain moves no matter how weak it is.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
Charmander. Magcargo. Moltres. Flareon. Ninetails. Monferno. Combusken. Groudon. Them and their ilk are the weakest.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
LAWLZ Groudon the weakest.

Proven. With Science! As if that silly lumbering brute of fire and rock can withstand the sheer cold of an icy blizzard.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
That doesn't make it the weakest. Not even close.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
Oh, you don't see it yet. But you will, my friend. In due time... in due time... *Stalks off in a very evil-ish manner.*

But, in any case, I think in the Platinum dex it says that Magikarp are actually the strongest pokemon, able to withstand waters so polluted that even Muk shy away from it. But, alas, poor Sunkern is left to be flamed and hated because of its inability to fight. :(

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
I think magikarp is the weakest, as it only learns three weak moves.

But it learns flail. At 1% hp, flail can deal 200 base damage. Eheheheh.

I think it's funny that Sunkern's BST is only 180. There are Pokemon with a higher individual stat than Sunkern has total. Like Shuckle's Defense, or Blissey's HP.

But if you meant the weakest fourth gen Pokemon, probably Kricketot. It learns only a few attacks and no TMs.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Oh, you don't see it yet. But you will, my friend. In due time... in due time... *Stalks off in a very evil-ish manner.*

But, in any case, I think in the Platinum dex it says that Magikarp are actually the strongest pokemon, able to withstand waters so polluted that even Muk shy away from it. But, alas, poor Sunkern is left to be flamed and hated because of its inability to fight. :(

Oh I see what you're doing thar! I salute you sir, for Magikarp is the strongest.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
Oh I see what you're doing thar! I salute you sir, for Magikarp is the strongest.

No, no. In actuality ice-types are the strongest. But you're close! =D

But it learns flail. At 1% hp, flail can deal 200 base damage

o.o Really? Wow, that's uhm.. pretty nifty if you can get yourself into that position. Maybe with focus sash?