• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weakest Pokemon Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenDay4ever

bye!, i had a blast
poison and ice, the same reason as every one else. toxic is the only poison type move i ever use. ice just has too many weaknesses!

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Bug, Grass and Poison!

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
bug. durrrrrr
poison's actually pretty good.

Poison, Ice, and Grass.

Dattebayo

Banned
Poison types, their only advantage is against Grass types and their disadvantages are commonly used whether it's a Pokemon or a move.

Shuckle of Cloudy Sky

Stall Fest FTW
Depends what you use the type for. Poison is the worst offensively as it hits one type for super effective and the ever so common steel type is immune to it. Ice is worst Defensively as most things have fire/rock moves, which Ice is weak to, and it doesn't resist anything other then ice itself.

However offensively Ice is great, and defensively, Poison has a whole two weaknesses- Ground and Psychic.

I would say normal but we got Regigas and Arceus.
Poised for Poison. Jupiter would be stronger without a Skunktank. That's why she has one.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
^Hey, Skunktank only has one weekness. It's kinda tough if you don't have a ground type. Also, normal types get the HUGEST list of other attacks they can learn. Look at almost any normal type's attack list, and you'll most likely get a surprise or two.

Anyway, weakest type... I would have to say... fighting. Why? Because, fighting types, although they have quite a few super-effective hits, most of them have almost non-existent defence stats. Except, say, Lucario, but he's trumped by other fighting types. Oh, and besides, Lucario has steel to back him up. Also, it just so happens, psychic and flying, fighting's weaknesses, happen to be some of the fastest pokemon out there. Meaning they normaly get whiped before being able to lash out one last time... I pity them. >>

SlowbroKing

King of all Slowness
poison... no one carries a poison move on their team besides toxic and toxic spikes... unless it is a STAB move on a poison type pokemon (gengar and sludge bomb for example)

the same goes to steel besides bullet punch on scizor and meteor mash on metagross and iron head on registeel... other than those... steel moves are hardly seen

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
^Really...
For poison, the point is, we're assuming all moves we mention are being used with STAB.

As for steel...
Flash Cannon, Iron Tail, Gyro Ball, Iron Defence, Metal Sound, and Steel Wing. All very oftenly used steel moves. And there are quite a few other ones, but those are exclusive to certain pokemon (Doom Desire, Metal Burst, and Magnet Bomb).

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
Poison Offensively(Only super effective against Grass) while Grass defensively(Weak against 5 types:Bug,Fire,Flying,Ice,Poison).

Relinquish

Addicted
Poison is not the weakest type!On my opinion its grass having the most weaknesses

TheMagician

Illusion & Deception
Poison is definitely the weakest type on the offensive side as others have said. Being strong only against Grass isn't going to help THAT much, and to top it off, a good number of Grass Pokemon carry the Poison-type themselves, which to me makes regular Poison-type Pokemon an even worse choice to use. There are some good Poison Pokemon though, like Toxicroak.

As far as being defensive goes, Ice is bad. It has four weaknesses, and only resists its own type. No wonder you never see defensive Ice types, and its normally difficult to bring any Ice-type into a battle. Once they get in though... That's a different story, as they are awesome when it comes to offense.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Offensively: Poison
Defensively: Grass and Ice

poison only because EQ is such a common move nowadays.

sinnedinho

Bug is getting better and better, poison is just really annoying, so I have to say Grass.

I ususally don't have a Fighting type in my team, so Dark isn't that weak to me. And Ice is just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.