• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weakest Pokemon Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
Grass = It got to many weakness.
Poison = Not so great moves, and not effective against so many types.
Normal = No Super effecitvness and it can't hit Ghost-types.

littleperson619

Dragon Taimer
Well, it seems as though many people have different opinions. I personally find poison and steel type pokemon useful and often use steel types in my team, and the same goes for ice. Sure, it has several weaknesses but you also have to take into consideration that it is the only type to take out a dragon, other than dragon itself. I don't find one type to be particularly the weakest, though if I had to pick one it would be bug. Bugs often have some of the worst stats and can't learn that many good moves. So, even if a bug had relatively good stats, the lack of decent moves to learn causes a great dent in any bug user's team.

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
Id say Rock, Bug and Poison are the weakest types.

Green Okido

Viridian Gym Leader
I will have to say Normal or Poison.

Normal because..NO super-effective attacks !! (not counting Arceus ofc )

Poison because it has only one thing's weak to it, and it's not very effective against Fighting, Poison, Rock, Ghost, and unnefective against Steel.

The other type could be Bug, but i think the Bug type is rising again with pokemons suck Galvantula , Scolipede , VOLCARONA !!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I will have to say Normal or Poison.

Normal because..NO super-effective attacks !! (not counting Arceus ofc )

Poison because it has only one thing's weak to it, and it's not very effective against Fighting, Poison, Rock, Ghost, and unnefective against Steel.

The other type could be Bug, but i think the Bug type is rising again with pokemons suck Galvantula , Scolipede , VOLCARONA !!
Now at least poison has two things weak to it, with the fairy type. :)

Probably Poison or Dark.

telivisionhead

Offensively: Poison= Only has 1 strength, doesn't effect steel isn't very effective against alot of things. Normal: Not strong against anything
Deffensively= Ice, 4 weakness and only 1 resistense.

echo13

I would have said bug before the black/white generation, but there's some great new ones now. Personally, my fire types seem to hit hard but go down fast.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
As of 6th gen, Ice. It has horrible defenses, its best moves are accessible to everyone else, and it lost its niche as a Dragon slayer with Fairy's introduction.

ebevan91

Ice for sure.

Not enough Ice types and like others have said 4 weaknesses and 1 resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.