• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weakest Region Team

Banana_Split

Darkness is Rising
I think his Sinnoh Team is the strongest.

1 - Sinnoh
2 - Johto
3 - Hoenn
4 - Kanto

Encyclopika

The Queen
Guys, if you're gonna make a list, explain yourselves. Thank you.

Togemon

Sibling Love
Hmm.. I'll have to say his Johto team. I think Heracross and Bayleef were pretty strong, and Cyndaquil I'll say as pretty good too, but Phanpy, Totodile, and Noctowl were pretty weak IMO.

freedomrise

Jhoto just had to be the weakest, Ash had to bring his old pokemons to help with his last gym battle against Claire. He didn't do that with any other regions and I highly doubt he will do that for Sinnoh.

BlueVapor

I'd say Kanto and Hoenn are tied for the strongest. Looking back, there were some pretty strong Pokemon in those regions: Charizard, Sceptile, Swellow, Corphish, Bulbasaur, to name a few. Next, I'll say Sinnoh. Sure the Pokemon are pretty strong, but some work needs to be done because they seem weak compared to Paul's, lol. And obviously, Johto is last. Not enough evolutions in the region, one I think...? Ash probably shouldn't have started out with Bulbasaur, Charizard and Squirtle, but meh, that's my opinion.

Blazing Charmander

1) Kanto B (i.e. Battle Frontier team) - Ash's main roster during the Battle Frontier comes out on top in my opinion. So many powerhouses and even Corphish punched above its own weight without evolving. This quality was added to whenever he added a Pokemon to his team for a Brain battle (e.g. Charizard). My regret remains that Ash dumped his team for the Kanto starters against Brandon.

2) Sinnoh - This team does have the potential to go to the top. Ash has really worked hard with them and, although Paul's team currently overwhelms them, I reckon they'll be his strongest bunch ever by the Sinnoh League. However, they figure at third place for now because of where they are right now.

3) Hoenn - This team was great, but pales slightly in comparison to the Sinnoh class. Taillow/Swellow wasn't as versatile as Starly/Staravia/Staraptor (Staraptor in particular due to Close Combat), Corphish is slightly inferior to Buizel (in my opinion) and Torkoal doesn't even compare to Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape unfortunately. Only Treecko/Grovyle outclasses Turtwig/Grotle, while we didn't see enough of Snorunt/Glalie to compare it with Gligar/Gliscor.

4) Kanto A (i.e. the Indigo League team) - I would've put these as his second strongest, but the fact stands that they were only enough to take him to the last 16 in the competition. Then again, factors such as a disobedient Charizard and inexperience on Ash's part went against him. On paper, they're probably his second weakest, while in reality they're probably one of his best teams. If only Pidgeotto had evolved earlier and Muk, Kingler and Tauros were used more often.

5) Johto - A shame that this lot are bottom as, like those in Sinnoh do now, they had the potential. Poor writing meant that they weren't able to fulfil this potential and, despite reaching the last 8 in the Silver Conference, I don't think that they would stand close to the other teams on paper. To be in contention for a top place, it should've finished as Pikachu, Bayleef, Quilava, Croconaw/Feraligatr, Noctowl and Heracross/Donphan (if he'd received the egg earlier).

My rankings are based on how his teams performed within the region. For example, we can see that the writers like to portray his Kanto team as stronger than they should be, but to me that team was awfully planned (Pokemon being released, not many evolutions etc). I also added the Battle Frontier team as the Battle Frontier arc was technically a regional saga.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
Guys, if you're gonna make a list, explain yourselves. Thank you.
Yeah. This isn't a poll, Page 1.
3. Johto: While Heracross and to an extent, Bayleef, are capable in battle and have proven their strength...Cyndaquil/Totodile/Noctowl, imo, are the more weaker pokemon in Ash's team. Thus, the Johto team is the weakest region team for me.
I think I get a little woozy every time Cyndaquil is clumped with the likes of Totodile and Noctowl. I know it's tempting because it came around the same time, but hear me out. Ash actually had a training episode to get Cynda in gear. It's much more disciplined as opposed to the other two's free style of being their own boss. Can't forget how much experience it racked up appearing in the most gym battles, and always knocking somebody out. That has to tell something about how dependable Ash found it.

It might not have racked up amazing power and endurance feats like Heracross and Bayleef, but in a fashion before those two, it knocked a Dewgong it had disadvantage against! The little guy went in the water and liberated itself of its main fire arsenal. I think its combination of discipline and agility, not to forget constantly forcing Ash to think of ways to win aside overpowering, easily sets it apart from the bottom two. It should at least get honorary Mid-Tier for being a vital member, but I wouldn't put a hamper on a top spot for it.

Focus Aipom

Why so serious?
Well I would say that Kanto would be his strongest as he had tons of strong and experienced pokemon. Next I would say Sinnoh as seeing as the saga is not over yet the team has a lot of potential to becoming stronger. Next would be Hoenn and right now I would say it's close to the sinnoh ranks but since it's not over, it's more likely for sinnoh to become more stronger. Last would be Johto sadly. The writers definately messed Johto up as it did have lots of potential for the pokemon to become stronger and especially for the starters to reach their next evolutions.

Semreth

I'd say the Johto team was his weakest. Was just handled very poorly by the writers. The best example of this poor handling can be seen in Totodile I feel.

Heracross and Cyndaquil did have their moments though. The most obvious of these being Heracross' league battle against Gary's Magmar, which was epic.

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
1. Kanto
2. Sinnoh
3. Hoenn
4. Johto

If it wasnt for torkoal being completely useless i would of probably put hoenn second

Alloute

Not Banned
1. Kanto because I just liked his team.
2. Sinnoh, many evolved forms
3. Hoenn. Kind of ok, but too many random Pokemon
4. Johto, just wasn't it for the anime...

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
1) Hoenn: Pokemon like Sceptile and Corphish were fast and great power houses. Swellow was fast and a great evasive battler. Torkoal was a great offense and defense. Glalie i think was alright, but he could of had a better choice.

2) Sinnoh: A lot of his pokemon are strong and fast and this team has a great potential especially Grotle and chimchar. Buizals good we might see him evolve who knows. Staravia when it evolves it will be great like mine was in the game. Gliscors still kinda stubbly, but it proved itself against Byron. This one might be number 1 if they unlock their potential.

3) Johto: He had a great team they weren't well used, but they could have if ash was a little more experienced. He did use a lot of his Johto team to beat Gary.

4) Kanto: It did have a great team, but they were so young and not well developed so they came under the bar.

thunderblade12

Honestly? I think Kanto is not only not the strongest, but the weakest team Ash ever had.

Sure Charizard, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur may be powerhouses now but back in Kanto most of Ash's badges came from pity. The rest of Ash's team was either shafted (Pidgeoto), released too early(Butterfree and Primeape), or were left to rot at Oak's lab.

If we're judging based on how strong they are now, then the Kanto team is the strongest (even though Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charizard are the only remaining ones who can be considered part of the "main team"). However, if we're basing this on the teams performance during their respective region:

From strongest to weakest:
1. Sinnoh
2. Hoeen
3. Johto
4. Kanto

xMehx

New Shiny!!!!!!!!:33
IMO...
1-Kanto~ This region's team I think definately was best. This is when he actually trained most of his pokemon to the final level, i.e., Charizard.
2-Hoenn~ This region's pokemon were definately close to being #1, but the only reason it isn't is because I think it wasn't as strong as Kanto.
3-Sinnoh~ For me, this region's team is not at its full potential SO FAR. I mean c'mon, he still has a Monfeno and he's a little more than halfway thorugh the gyms, I would've had an Infernape by Hearthrome.
4-Johto~ This is the second best region out of all of them in my opinion, but I think the writers killed it. They made them seem so weak, they didn't even take on the league, and they just didn't live up to the potential.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Well, let's see shall we?

Sinnoh - Pikachu, Monferno, Staraptor, Grotle, Buizel and Gliscor. Two (possibly three before the end of the saga) fully evolved Pokemon, while Pikachu and Buizel are pretty strong. Grotle, well... let's just ignore him.

Hoenn - Pikachu, Sceptile, Swellow, Glalie, Torkoal and Corphish. Three fully evolved Pokemon, Pikachu again, and Torkoal and Corphish were very strong in attack and defense.

Johto - Pikachu, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Bayleef, Noctowl and Heracross. Heracross was very strong, Pikachu's pretty good again, Cyndaquil's not bad either. Noctowl and Bayleef could've been a bit better, but not weak. And Totodile... he always gave us a laugh while also supplying us with some strength.

Kanto - Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Pidgeotto and Kingler. Bulbasaur and Squirtle were both terrible, Charizard wouldn't even obey Ash, Pidgeotto was just there to be an aerial view of Team Rocket, and Krabby/Kingler was never used!

So, I would rank it Hoenn at the stronger, followed by Sinnoh, then Johto, leaving Kanto at the dead bottom.

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
Well, let's see shall we?

Sinnoh - Pikachu, Monferno, Staraptor, Grotle, Buizel and Gliscor. Two (possibly three before the end of the saga) fully evolved Pokemon, while Pikachu and Buizel are pretty strong. Grotle, well... let's just ignore him.

Hoenn - Pikachu, Sceptile, Swellow, Glalie, Torkoal and Corphish. Three fully evolved Pokemon, Pikachu again, and Torkoal and Corphish were very strong in attack and defense.

Johto - Pikachu, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Bayleef, Noctowl and Heracross. Heracross was very strong, Pikachu's pretty good again, Cyndaquil's not bad either. Noctowl and Bayleef could've been a bit better, but not weak. And Totodile... he always gave us a laugh while also supplying us with some strength.

Kanto - Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Pidgeotto and Kingler. Bulbasaur and Squirtle were both terrible, Charizard wouldn't even obey Ash, Pidgeotto was just there to be an aerial view of Team Rocket, and Krabby/Kingler was never used!

So, I would rank it Hoenn at the stronger, followed by Sinnoh, then Johto, leaving Kanto at the dead bottom.

Exactly that's how i think of it, but I wouldn't say bulbasaur was terrible. Squirtle i can understand because ash under used him.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
^ When I said terrible, I didn't mean the weakest thing alive and totally useless. I just say 'terrible' when I compare it to all of Ash's other Pokemon he's had.