• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weakest Region Team

Qwizmaster

Pokemon Trainer
Honestly? I think Kanto is not only not the strongest, but the weakest team Ash ever had.

Sure Charizard, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur may be powerhouses now but back in Kanto most of Ash's badges came from pity. The rest of Ash's team was either shafted (Pidgeoto), released too early(Butterfree and Primeape), or were left to rot at Oak's lab.

If we're judging based on how strong they are now, then the Kanto team is the strongest (even though Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charizard are the only remaining ones who can be considered part of the "main team"). However, if we're basing this on the teams performance during their respective region:

From strongest to weakest:
1. Sinnoh
2. Hoeen
3. Johto
4. Kanto

Very well put :)

ok I think if you are going to rate the teams from each region, then battle frontier and orange islands should be judged as separate teams, for two reasons:

one- each of these regions featured new pokemon and the development of old pokemon
two-ash and co. were competing for different honors and their teams should be judged in context of that.

in that case...
1.Orange Islands (Charizard/Lapras/Snorlax/Pikachu/Squirtle/Bulbasaur)
2.Battle Frontier (Sceptile/Swellow/Donphan/Pikachu/Corphish/Aipom)
3.Sinnoh (Monferno/Starraptor/Gliscor/Pikachu/Buizel/Grotle)
4.Hoenn (Grovyle/Swellow/Glalie/Pikachu/Corphish/Torkoal)
5.Kanto (Charizard/Pidgeot**/Kingler*/Pikachu/Squirtle/Bulbasaur)
6.Johto*** (Bayleef/Noctowl/Heracross/Pikachu/Totodile/Cyndaquil)

*You can consider pretty much any pokemon he caught on his team, but Kingler or Muk seem to be the two other than those he had on his main team that one him the most significant battles.
**Pidgeot should really be considered as Pidgeotto because he didnt compete competitively as Pidgeot
***He used so many Kanto pokemon for the season that if they are considered, than Johto should be bumped up at least one, maybe two places. That team that defeated Gary was beastly. :D

saladbar112

Gliscor Returns!
i see that almost everyone is saying that kanto is best.. but you dont think it through.

sure now kanto is the best because charizard and snorlax are powerhouses and bulbasaur and squirtle are now really powerful.. but back then when he was traveling through kanto, they werent that strong.

1. charizard was disobedient
2. he didnt get snorlax yet until orange islands
3. bulbasaur and squirtle were alright back then
4. pigeotto wasnt trained enough
5. pikachu wasnt as powerful
6. ash hardly used all the million others (muk, kingler, tauros, etc.) that he captured

so yeah... now because they have had the most experience they are the strongest but back then when it was their time to shine they werent.

saladbar112

Gliscor Returns!
this is how it could have been How it is
Kanto-if charizard listened to ash Sinnoh-eventualy
Johto-if lapras didnt leave and he evolved cyndaquil Kanto
Sinnoh-by the looks of things so far Johto
Hoenn-only one powerhouse worth mentioning Sceptile Hoenn

I would disagree with you about Hoenn

His Hoenn team was an entire team of powerhouses (maybe excluding torcoal)

Pikachu - well obviously
Sceptile - Sceptile is very strong with leaf blade, solarbeam, and its speed
Swellow - Swellow is to me his most flying pokemon and his most powerful in Hoenn.. if you look back in every battle swellow was in.. it AT LEAST beat one pokemon (excluding the tie with morrison's gligar)
Corfish - corfish was very powerful winning many battles (beating 3 pokemon in a row)
Glalie - although it wasnt shown much.. when it was it proved to be a powerhouse.. winning battles and even overcomimg a metang (a semi psudo-legendary because it did not evolve)
Torkoal - Torkoal was powerful at times but it was the weakest in the team.. it cannot compare to the others like swellow and sceptile

Gizadude

If we go by performance during their respective region, I would say:
1.Hoenn - Had very good run and did well during the league
2.Kanto - shaking at first , got their act together in the orange islands
3.Sinnoh - shaping up to be very good have a wide range of moves
4.Johto - got the least development , outshined in their own region by Kanto Pokemon

If you go by overall performance though then:
1. Kanto - proven to be a reliable group overtime , most experienced
2.Hoenn - team full of powerhouses , had a good run during the BF
3. Sinnoh - have a lot of potential might change after league is aired
4. Johto - most members are shafted , team has fought few major battles together

thunderblade12

Performance during respective region:
1. Sinnoh - People think they're weak because they lose to Paul. Well his Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn teams never had to prove themselves against a rival who is stronger than most gym leaders until the league. All 5 are very strong and will only get stronger
2. The AG team - Sceptile, Glalie, Corphish, and Swellow were all powerhouses. Torkoal was weak in Hoenn but came back and nearly defeated a legendary
3. Johto - Cyndaquil won a ton of gym battles. Bayleef was okay. I don't see how Noctowl was any worse than Bayleef, it did the same to Morty that Bayleef did to Chick. Totodile and Phanphy kinda sucked and Heracross was okay
4. Kanto - Fail. Squirtle was pathetic. Bulbasaur wasn't great. Charizard was disobedient. Pidgeoto was awful.

Overall performance:
1. Kanto - Charizard shaped up to become Ash's main powerhouse. Snorlax and Pikachu are nearly as strong as Charizard. Bulbasaur and Squirtle are both powerhouses now
2. Hoenn - Currently ahead of Sinnoh but that's because their arc is over already
3. Sinnoh - I think they will surpass the Hoenn team when their time is up
4. Johto - The only one that showed any improvement was Phanphy.

Spirit of Darkness

Sinnoh
Hoenn
Kanto
Johto

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Regional Performance:
1. Sinnoh
2. Hoenn
3. Kanto
4. Johto

Overall Performance
1. Kanto
2. Hoenn
3. Sinnoh
4. Johto

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
For me, it's:

Kanto - Orange Islands included.
Hoenn - A very close second.
Sinnoh - They have potential, but still lag behind the other two. It isn't over yet, so who knows what may happen in the future.
Johto - They were...less than impressive and let's leave it at that.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I think sinnoh is the best, because ash has a staraptor.