• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weather? HO? Pah. This is a real team. (BWOU)

Creeper

om nom nom
Team at a Glance
386-defense.gif
640.gif
149.gif
121.gif
637.gif
113.gif

So yeah, this is my new team. Enjoy.

386-defense.png

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpDef / 64 Def
Bold Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Night Shade
- Recover

My lead and wall. It can get up to three layers of Spikes, add SR to that, and Recover it all off. Night Shade over Seismeic Toss because Ghosts (Gengar) are more common than Normal types.

生命力

640.png

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My rain killer. It butchers everything with a CM in rain. Toxicroak and Drizzle Volcarona are the only counters in rain. Outside of rain, if it gets a CM with counters gone, GG. Giga Drain for healing, Focus Blast for only special fighting move it gets, HP Ice to say "HAH!" to Dragonite.

生活

149.png

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 242 Atk / 120 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

Best dragon ever. Offensive spread to get get more kills with two DDs. Dragon Claw-Fire Punch hits every pokemon normally except Heatran, and if that's gone, GG.

脂ポケットモンスター

121.png

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

This guy is my spinner. It hits spinblockers hard. Jellicent is a 2HKO by Thunderbolt. Ice Beam is for BoltBeam, and Surf for STAB. Outside of that, it can also fight off rain.

回転よ体

637.png

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Morning Sun

My star. This thing kills everything lategame. After one Quiver Dance, game. Morning Sun is to recover after setting up, and the EVs are to be bulky physically, and after a QD, specially. Fighting sun teams, this thing BUTCHERS them.

震わせ日曜

113.png

Chansey (F) @ Evolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Def / 234 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

The most expenable member of my team. I'm willing to change it, but, anyway, this is my cleric. It has Wish to support a near-dead mon, Seismic Toss to damage, Protect to and get Wish, and Heal Bell to heal my Pokemon.

分厚い少女

So yeah, there's my team. Changes will be made in bold.
オンワード!(Onward!)

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
This team is basically Bulky HO.
Maybe something else instead of Roost. It seems kind of pointless with Leftovers. Maybe Earthquake?
Besides that, I got nothing. Dragonite gets owned by Counter tho, so be careful ;)

McDanger

Maybe something else instead of Roost. It seems kind of pointless with Leftovers. Maybe Earthquake?
Besides that, I got nothing. Dragonite gets owned by Counter tho, so be careful ;)

this team doesnt qualify as HO as its a mix of special and physical
and now i see why heatran couldnt kill dragonite

M4zz

Banned

Dragonite's going to want Roost to maintain Multiscale. Not using it is a horrible idea leaving the Dragon as priority setup.

Takeo

You say night shade for deoxy's because its more ideal, others still use Tyranitar as a lead or set up or both without Seismeic Toss Deoxy's is threatened and because a liability fast.

Creeper

om nom nom
You say night shade for deoxy's because its more ideal, others still use Tyranitar as a lead or set up or both without Seismeic Toss Deoxy's is threatened and because a liability fast.

So then what move do I use? Taunt?

McDanger

maybe move hp ev`s on virizon to special attack, calm mind set takes awhile to set up and i think it may cripple your sweeping ability

Arty-Kun

Kill it with weather
Deoxys-D should never be run with Speed EV's. Instead, it should invest more in its defenses, as most attackers who aren't Scizor or Heatran will outspeed it anyways. The base 50 Hp is pretty important, so I agree with the EV's there, but try making it a mixed wall, running an EV spread of 252 Hp / 64 Def / 192 SpD with a Bold nature. The lack of speed will be noticeable, but you're seeing the trees and not the forest.

I will something similar about Virizon, the EV spread is kinda off. 252 Hp / 252 Speed should hardly be used (and when it is, only by SubCM Latias and SubCM Jirachi). Virizon should focus on its offenses, with 252 Sp. Atk instead of in Hp. Virizon will hardly 2HKO things with a +2 Giga Drain and no Sp. Atk EV's. HP is really not what you want to invest in, and if you look at it this way, Giga Drain will do more damage and you will recover a higher percentage of your Hp! Added reason to use a Life Orb over Leftovers too, but I won't push that one.

For Dragonite, try and set up at least +3 (preferably +4) before you attempt to sweep a team. A Dragonite with NO Speed or Attack EV's will not sweep a team at +2. Ever. Also, switch Outrage to Dragon Claw. The power drop will be noticeable, but you won't be locked into Outrage and revenge killed/phazed.

RUN TIMID ON BOLTBEAM STARMIE! If anything is clearly wrong with your team, it's the Modest nature. Also, try Hydro Pump over Surf.

Volcarona is okay, I guess.

Use the same exact EV spread on Blissey, but use a Chansey with an Eviolite. It only has 5 less base Hp, so wishpassing won't be drastically affected. True, you won't have Leftovers recovery, but Chansey is still far bulkier.
Looking at your team, it looks like someone took Bulky Offense and took almost all key elements of stall out of it and came up with this team i.e. a big mess. Sorry for being so critical on almost all your pokemon, but if people want to come up with unique sets for pokemon, they need to be good or raters are going to come fix them. If you were trying to be original making this team, I'm sorry for being a buzzkill and removing that originality, but these changes will make it better imo.

Creeper

om nom nom
Looking at your team, it looks like someone took Bulky Offense and took almost all key elements of stall out of it and came up with this team i.e. a big mess. Sorry for being so critical on almost all your pokemon, but if people want to come up with unique sets for pokemon, they need to be good or raters are going to come fix them. If you were trying to be original making this team, I'm sorry for being a buzzkill and removing that originality, but these changes will make it better imo.

I'm an idiot. I'll fix.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Very dragon weak, consider a steel type, like heatran maybe over volcarona. Use the choice set with dragon pulse or hp ice or else haxorus will rip through you with a couple of dds and outrage...literally like a hot knife thru butter.

Vandslaux

Use 248 HP on Volcarona, as 252 is an SR number.