• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weather mix-up

BLABO

♧ yoo ♧
this team is interesting... i like it though. i guess it could be called a mixed weather team. and since it has two automatic weather starters which makes it a good counter for other teams that have only one weather starters which is very common. i didnt purposely put three water types on one team, but with water types it doesnt really mater. so here it is ;)

lead :620:
item: life orb
ability: regenerator
nature: +spd -spatk
252 atk, 252 spd, 4 hp
fake out
hi jump kick
u-turn
stone edge

mienshao: just a basic lead, sometimes even KO's a few pkmn. I think I could have something better as a lead though.

;091;
item: focus sash
ability: skill link
nature: +atk -spatk
252 atk, 252 spd, 4 def
shell break
icicle spear
rock blast
razor shell

cloyster: good sub-breaker and just a good sweeper overall

;260;
item: sitrus berry
ability: torrent
nature: +def -spatk
252 hp, 196 def, 60 atk
aqua tail
earthquake
stone edge
stealth rock

swampert: good for switching mienshao out with mienshao and then setting up stealth rock. sitrus berry is good for surviving cloyster. also good for switching into electric moves.

;243;
item: life orb
nature: +sp atk -spdef (thats the ability it comes with [shiny raikou])
ability: pressure
252 spd, 252 spatk, 4 hp
hidden power (grass)
aura sphere
thunder
weather ball

raikou: the interesting one... i mainly use it for the benefits from weather (weather ball, thunder) and is good for coverage.

;186;
item: choice specs
ability: drizzle
nature:+spatk -atk
252 spd, 252 sp atk, 4 hp
hydro pump
ice beam
focus blast
hidden power (dragon)

politoed: he is the bomb.com, his hydro pump even OHKO's a lot of x4 resistant pkmn. i know most people run a support politoed, but i like this one instead.

;038;
item: leftovers
ability: drought
nature: +spd -atk
flamethrower
hidden power (rock)
solarbeam
hypnosis

ninetales: is mostly there for weather, but is also pretty strong on its own. what i really like is using hp rock on volcarona and other fire types :). hypnosis is there for the annoying things (weather changers) so i can switch

plz either post on this thread, vm me, or pm me comments and suggestions!XD

p.s. i saw someone else had a similar team idea, i cam up with this one before i saw theirs

Last edited by a moderator:

Zev.

I like to party.
Why would you run a hidden power (Dragon) when you are carrying Ice Beam which hits at least 2x on every single dragon in game except 3 (Diagla, Palkia, and Kingdra) which you won't see much of Kingdra because no Drizzle/Swift Swim combo and the other two are Uber anyways so basically Hidden Power (Dragon) is a bit redundant, I just put Psychic as my last one on my Choice Specs Politoed just for the fact of fighting types I suppose. Poiltoed doesn't really have a good movepool, just enough to get by.

Also I can't really see why you would want two weather pokemon, especially since you have 3 waters that will get absolutely crippled from Sun and will be able to get hit harder by fire moves used by the other team. Seems like if you had two pokemon to set up rain e.g. Drizzle Politoed and Rain Dance Magnezone with magnet pull and Thunder with HP Ground. Something like this would help you a lot better in my opinion.

Also, for your lead, since you have a focus sashed Cloyster on your team if rocks get set up before you switch in then your sash will be broken, so using an anti lead such as Whimsicott would be good in this scenario, priority taunt/leechseed/substitute annoys the hell out of people and it works super well to stop people from setting up entry hazards, setting up for a sweep and is just good for stalling in general.

These are my opinions, and you can take them if you want, but if you like your team the way it is then use it. :)

BLABO

♧ yoo ♧
i have hp dragon on politoed because it really doesnt matter, i usually just go with hydro pump because its strong enough to OHKO most other things

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
I totaly agree what is the point of ninetails????

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Politoed does that aswell...

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
True, if poli is dead though and sunny day is up then half of your team are weakened/crippled.