• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weather or No Weather

Weather or no weather?

• I like weather teams better than teams with no weather.

Votes: 71 41.3%
  • I like teams with no weather better than ones with weather.

Votes: 101 58.7%

• Total voters

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I hate weather! Cause they have the added bonuses of moves.

Fury on the froggy and the foxie and the dinosaur rock and the hippo!

clear skies is better for it is a true test of tactics of your equipment.

I can say this single sentence!

"Uber pokemon and any weaher based team are the new champs of the uber realm. "

There should be a ranks where the weather abilites are only allowed on Ubers only.

Zero Kiryu

Poison Master
You need an "I like Both" Button.

I really play with both styles, and thats a good thing if you know your opponent.

A bad thing about no weather is that weather teams have the advantage, and the thing about weather teams is that with other weather teams, if you lose you set-up pokemon, your screwed.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Weather wars are actually somewhat fun in OU. However I do agree that the abundance of weather teams disadvantages non weather teams like my HO team,it very much centralized the metagame to countering specific weather abusers as well as inducers. The lack of originality in some weather teams bothers me as well (too much Venusaur and Landorus). However it makes people like me who love using the underdogs in the lower tiers and making original teams stand out and even look good at times so I'm not complaining too much

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
I made a sandstorm team that i like a lot. but with politoad and ninetails bringing the weather outside of Ubers, it's all i ever see. politoad followed by kingdra/ludicolo/gastrodon/jellicent surf spam. i'm just glad DrizzleSwim got banned. it's dreadful.

Airvic

Scizor's Trainer
I don't like using weather teams because they often depend on the inducer to power up the team, but i am in the process of breeding a weather team to see if it is any different than my non weather team.

Zachmac

I finally made a weather team. The funny thing is, it wasn't even intended to use rain at first, I just noticed that it had a fire weakness and a rotom-W. I guess you could say my rain team is a bit original, since it's really not a copy an paste team, but it's not exploding with originality.

Enjyu

Made In China.
I don't really like weather. Way too many people use it and I want to be original. That's where my sweeping omastar comes in :)

S.G.

The Shiny Latios
Indeed. To many people do use it. I like weather teams to some extent, but originality is always preferable.

Enjyu

Made In China.
And they're so easy to predict. Most rain teams consist of politoed, ferrothorn, Dragonite, scizor, tentacruel, jirachi, celebi, thundurus, or tornadus.

Oh I forgot gyrados and rotom w. And vaporeon.

S.G.

The Shiny Latios
It always consists of Politoed due to drizzle. I have a rain team, that is actually somewhat varied.
Politoed, Glaceon, Volcarona, Magnezone, Breloom, and Terrakion. Some of them are simply there for sweeping (Breloom and Terrakion) But the rest get benefits from the rain.

Enjyu

Made In China.
It always consists of Politoed due to drizzle. I have a rain team, that is actually somewhat varied.
Politoed, Glaceon, Volcarona, Magnezone, Breloom, and Terrakion. Some of them are simply there for sweeping (Breloom and Terrakion) But the rest get benefits from the rain.

Volcarona? In the rain? Why?

But I respect teams that use rain dance, sunny day, or sanstorm. That takes some skill.

S.G.

The Shiny Latios
Volcarona with Hurricane + Quiver Dance is absolutely devastating. XD

S.G.

The Shiny Latios
Oh yeah. But with the added power to water, volc is done if hit by water move.

Very true. You can add a Focus Sash to Volcarnoa however. After it uses Quiver Dance, it can be able to outspeed the opponent, and then Hurricane it. I haven't tried Focus Sash yet, so I wouldn't know how well it goes.

Enjyu

Made In China.
Very true. You can add a Focus Sash to Volcarnoa however. After it uses Quiver Dance, it can be able to outspeed the opponent, and then Hurricane it. I haven't tried Focus Sash yet, so I wouldn't know how well it goes.

I'd suggest life orb +morning sun. It works decently. It can act as a semi-revenge killer as well as a sweeper.

S.G.

The Shiny Latios
I'd suggest life orb +morning sun. It works decently. It can act as a semi-revenge killer as well as a sweeper.

That is unless a rock type comes along and uses any rock move. Although that applies to Drizzle Volcarona as well.

Enjyu

Made In China.
That is unless a rock type comes along and uses any rock move. Although that applies to Drizzle Volcarona as well.

Most rock pokemon aren't specially defensive so a +2 stab bug buzz would probably ohko in the rain.

S.G.

The Shiny Latios
Agreed. Although you may have to set up a Quiver Dance for some of the stronger rock types.

Zaurfen

there should be a move that shuts off weather to counter the politoeds n' stuff. i was fine with weather until drizzle and drought came out of ubers. now its OU in OU!