• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weather or No Weather

Weather or no weather?

• I like weather teams better than teams with no weather.

Votes: 71 41.3%
  • I like teams with no weather better than ones with weather.

Votes: 101 58.7%

• Total voters

Enjyu

Made In China.
^its called sunny day.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^Actually, Zaurfen is right saying Drought.

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
I like both tbh Weather brings a variety of interesting mons that are usable and fun, but at the same time theres a lot of stuff that becomes staples that makes it dry and boring. At the same time Weatherless in my opinion is even more subject to team match-ups then weather is so I still prefer weather. Both are fun though and I enjoy playing them depending on my mood.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
IMO using weather in this metagame allows you to have more diversity. If you use a non weather team, then you have to have specific ways to deal with and counter each weather and your team spots are quickly filled up with the same pokemon as most other non weather teams. By running weather, you have to worry less about countering other weathers and can focus on your specific team more.

abrar14

Statter Master
It depends. I have a lot of whether teams and a lot of non-weather teams like Bulky Offense. TBH i'm indifferent to weather.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
The thing with Rain teams is with Drizzle and Swift Swim, it's like they're coming onto the field with a free Dragon Dance, given the rain boost to their STABs. i very much dislike rain teams.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I ran Hail for a while, in Doubles, and I've come to the conclusion that unless I follow the bandwagon everyone else is, I'm not good at weather at all. Not because it's hard to use, but because my personal preference in terms of what i use, how I use them, and such limits me from using it the same way everyone else is. Needless to say, my Trick Room+Hail Team didn't stay that way for long.

That being said, I'm not fond of Rain and Sand; particularly because they were so annoyingly over-played until recently. I've faced a lot of Sun as of late, and that's been pretty annoying. I don't freak out or anything against them, they just appeal less to me overall. I personally don't think I will be using Weather, and if I do, I'll probably be running lesser used monsters which will probably hinder me. :p

I don't think badly of Weather though. I think that they can be pretty strategic, definitely a game changer, when played right. I won't lie though; I'm glad that the metagame's taking a turn away from the weather-heavy metagame. But I don't think as badly of it as I used to.

Enjyu

Made In China.
I suprisingly tried an auto sun team for the first time yesterday. I have to say I'm way worse with auto weather haha. After, I tried a sunny day team, and I did better than the ninetails team. But I realized weather isn't my strength...I lost like 150 points on po....

Zachmac

I suprisingly tried an auto sun team for the first time yesterday. I have to say I'm way worse with auto weather haha. After, I tried a sunny day team, and I did better than the ninetails team. But I realized weather isn't my strength...I lost like 150 points on po....
And people always act like using weather instantly makes competitive pokemon too easy.

Enjyu

Made In China.
And people always act like using weather instantly makes competitive pokemon too easy.

Yeah it's not simple to make a team. I tried for originality on my team, not the standard sun team. I FAILED miserably :). But my failure kinda has to do with the fact that pretty much every other team was sand... Fire vs rock/ground isn't fun...

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
everyone always says how weather makes it so you see the same pokemon on every team. While I agree with this, (it definetly does) weather also allows for Pokemon that never had a shot to do great things. For example Venasaur becoming OU. Lilligant also, it is RU yet it is an extremely suprising and great sweeper. Charizard is never used but it could be very potent in the sun. For the most part these are a little gimmicky but allow these pokemon a chance to do great. If it weren't for weather Excadrill would also have no reason to be Uber.

Lord of Fire

The Great Conqueror
My fav. weather is Sandstorm or Hail cuz some Ground types have advantageous abilities for sandstorm, same with Ice-types for Hail , and they both deal damage to opposing non Ice/Ground/Steel/Rock types

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I'm going to give an update on the whole weather thing.

No, I suck at weather. Probably because I build bad weather teams, but I haven't had very much success with weather at all. As a supplement, as the core of my strategy, nada. I'm too nitpicky to just use teams everyone else is using, so I try to be a bit more creative, and it just doesn't work with me. The metagame is filled with weather, but I just don't really get disadvantaged by it, nor do I benefit much from it, at least (team wise). But I just am not a weather guy, which is a bit sad, cos it'd bring an interesting amount of strategy to my plate.

But alas, no weather for me, still.

darkvipermonkey

The Dark Overlord
i personally have nothing against weather teams but its annoying how everyone uses the same pokemon -.- the term "originality" no longer exists in competitive play. thankfully, drizzle+swift swim is banned...fast water types have never been something i want to encounter haha

Zachmac

i personally have nothing against weather teams but its annoying how everyone uses the same pokemon -.- the term "originality" no longer exists in competitive play. thankfully, drizzle+swift swim is banned...fast water types have never been something i want to encounter haha
People need to quit blaming weather for this. Sure, weather is common, but I don't think it had any effect on "originality". People use what's most effective, period. Everyone uses certain pokemon in the rain because it's effective. People use certain pokemon outside of the rain, because it's effective. I mean, why use Altaria when there is Dragonite and Salamence, for example.

And pokemon is not about each individual set, it's about the team. Who cares if someone use using Dragonite? A good player will pick a pokemon and a set that helps their team the most, not the one that is most original.