• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Web Design General Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
JKaizer said:
I don't know about you guys, but when I see a site with a lime green background and red text, I don't even bother to try and read it. Not even if it's the best content around.
Can't agree more... I have a lime-green background (I think) and black text looks much better, than red. Red text is nearly always a bad idea.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
Not lime green, but pastel green I think you mean.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
Serebii.net has a horrible atrocious design,and people don't care about that except a few webmasters like me. You guys don't really get it,a website can have the best layout around,and all the 404 pages in the world. People are doin g things backwords instead of forward. When you have great content,horrible layout. Bad content,great layout. People have to do both things to succesfully own a website.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
I so agree.

Well except for the part about serebii's layout being horrible.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
It's because SPP's layout is horrible,and most people already hate the layout even if the colors don't clash.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
I think the layout definitely serves its purpose, but I suppose they could get a better one.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
The layout wasn't even design by SPP joe himself,he used Arachnophilia 4.0 to build the website. What the heck!?

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
What's Arachnaphelia?

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
Oh okay but that doesn't matter all of the content was made by him and it's not extroridanarily ugly like easy builder freewebs sites.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
Um... what gets annoying is when you see the acronym of the site MUCH more than the actual spelled out name because then you search over the site and you can't find the name.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
Yes, or like UP Network.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
Um if you go to freewebs.com/the-pokeball they have free layouts. If you edit them they can come out very good, so that's what I did.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
Serebii's design doesn't suck...just because it's very simple, doesn't mean it sucks. At least it loads fast ^^

I say, try to do ur best, keep the color schemes tasteful and have at least a good topbanner

Serebii's layout does not load "fast". It takes 5 whole seconds to actually load the layout and the content as well. And not even his JPG compression works as well. TCoD has real simple layouts(No,I'm not saying they're bad, I'm saying that they're made like any normal layout) and they load much faster then SPP's layouts, and some that are even image based.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
It's not the layout that makes it go slow, it's the fact that hundreds of people are on at a time.

newa1, a tip, NEVER. EVER. EVER. USE. PICZO. (or tripod or angelfire)

chester

The Amazing chester
Status
Not open for further replies.