• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wednesday: Possible Game? + Game Mechanics Updated

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

12-09-2012 13:10 BST / 08:10 EDT by Serebii If you have any site ideas, let me know during these slow news times. CoroCoro is due at any time this week and tomorrow marks the Wii U press conferences revealing launch games and release date!

More...

Maxim

Beyond repair
Get your asses ready for yet another mediocre Pokemon-only spinoff game.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

Arceusgamer14

hope it's not another PokéPark adventure
Save Poképark 3 for Gen VI
I hope we'll get some news about Gen VI or RSE Remakes

BCVM22

Get your asses ready for yet another mediocre Pokemon-only spinoff game.

If only I could have posted right before you and said "Get your asses ready for Maxim complaining about yet another spinoff game". That would have been high comedy.

Oh well.

hope it's not another PokéPark adventure
Save Poképark 3 for Gen VI
I hope we'll get some news about Gen VI or RSE Remakes

They're showing you images of Pokémon in their 3D models, as they would be for some sort of spinoff title, possibly a console spinoff title. What part of that, if anything about that at all, leads you to believe there's any logical or realistic possibility of this involving a core title? Especially with the last core title release being just over three months prior.

Please. Think about this.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
My first thought was Mystery Dungeon with Pikachu and Axew as partners, but obviously a conclusion can't come from that. The models look to be from the Pokepark games, so I guess we'll have to wait with bated breath.

It can't be another PokePark, even though PokePark 2 was released in November, I feel it's too early for another one. What I'm hoping this is a new battling game, similar to Colosseum, XD, and PBR. Also, since it has 3D models, it could be. But, this could have a storyline, unlike PBR. PBR was released the same month as the Wii. Since the Wii U may be released this year, I hope it follows too. :)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
My first thought was Mystery Dungeon with Pikachu and Axew as partners, but obviously a conclusion can't come from that. The models look to be from the Pokepark games, so I guess we'll have to wait with bated breath.

They're just the current 3D models. PokéPark 2 used the same models as every other 3D game does. These are the ones seen in Pokédex 3D Pro

Anyway, as I said on the site, it could be anything. For all we know, they could just be releasing a poster with the 3D models on

Blazios

I like how people are already complaining how all spin-offs are horrible when the last one we've had is Conquest, which is arguably up to standard with the main series.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Who really knows, I would like to have a new Colosseum entry with the Wii U. In my opinion, if we're getting a console game, we should be going back to Orre. Well, it's just speculation, like Serebii said, so we won't really know intill the issue is revealed.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm literally hoping and praying that its a Battle game. We haven't had 1 in 5 years now and a lot has changed after battle revolution. Pokemon platinim had the shaymin and girantina formes, and 5th gen. Nintendo is finally going HD so hopefully we will be seeing them in HD detailed mode and hopefuly they'll be done reusing the pokemon animations from stadium and stadium 2.

I'm literally hoping and praying that its a Battle game. We haven't had 1 in 5 years now and a lot has changed after battle revolution. Pokemon platinim had the shaymin and girantina formes, and 5th gen. Nintendo is finally going HD so hopefully we will be seeing them in HD detailed mode and hopefuly they'll be done reusing the pokemon animations from stadium and stadium 2.

I know right? With all the new Pokemon, formes, moves, and characters. A lot of things have happened since PBR was released, so I hope this will make up for the large gap in years. Also, I may not know much about the Wii U's memory. But, if it were to have a lot of memory, I would love if this game (if announced to be) would be very long.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I know right? With all the new Pokemon, formes, moves, and characters. A lot of things have happened since PBR was released, so I hope this will make up for the large gap in years. Also, I may not know much about the Wii U's memory. But, if it were to have a lot of memory, I would love if this game (if announced to be) would be very long.

I agree with both of you, and I wish it had a Final Fantasy's Length, you know it could be pulled off.

Billy--

Ghoul Admin Billy
I'm hoping its a new Pokemon Colosseum game, or a 3D game for the 3DS :) I won't get my hopes up yet, though.

GreatGonzales

The Master
Well, based on the 3D models, there's a good chance for a console game. There's no way it's pokepark 3. That's just illogical. It's too early, and there are far more successful spin off series than pokepark, such as mystery dungeon, but a console and/or 3d mystery dungeon is unlikely given the format of the games. A Pokemon xd sequel isn't impossible, and neither is a sequel to PBR. But I thought PBR was awful. Not saying that has anything to do with it.

A Pokemon stadium 3 is very unlikely, but not impossible I suppose, but again unlikely do to the large time gap between a potential stadium 3 and the already existing stadium 2. Game Freak may prefer expanding its more modern console series, which would include the aforementioned Colosseum and XD, as well as PBR (which is not yet a series).

But this is all speculation.

BCVM22

If they had intended to continue the Orre line started by Colosseum and XD, they would have done so much sooner after XD. That we are some seven years after XD with nary a peep out of anything even remotely related to Orre should say all it needs to.

If this is a game at all, the theory of another battling title like PBR holds the most water, given the time since the last one and given how soon Nintendo's next console launches.