1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Warrior (428)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Weekend Warrior

On their way to the Battle Dome, Ash & Co. come across a town called Silver Town where a Pokémon Contest is being held. May is eager to earn her second Kanto Ribbon so enters. However when she meets a really tough trainer, she realises it will not be easy. Will she be able to defeat this trainer with her Combusken & Squirtle?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

Please, someone tell me that May didn't develop a new, recurring rival in this episode.

3. Addydo

Addydo X-Men/Pokemon Fan!

I can't wait to see the Episode pictures! :D

4. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

Dude, even when we know what happens in this episode, we won't know if this guy isn't a new recurring rival for May. We didn't know Shuu was one until he turned up for the second time, same goes for Harley. (Even though Harley was a given to return after his exit.)

5. DANdotW

DANdotW Previously Iota

Me either, I really hope Haruka loses this one, especially with her Zenigame in it.

Hunter

6. ghost master

ghost master the kawaiist thing

well it's just doing appeal. Combusken is fighting the Venusaur.

7. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

OMG!? DID CUMBUSTIN EVALVES?

Just had to do that for once. What I'm mainly interested in is what exactly does the Guitarist do to make him a Salaryman?

EDIT: Zak on BMG said May won. No other details at time of comment.

Eh, Combushken beating Venausaur is a perfectly fair victory, now if Squirtle shot a Ice Beam at it and won...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  8. £añkaÑ

£añkaÑ ~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~

so..Combusken beats Venasaur..intresting...and cool...

not much other detail..well we just got to wait for another few hours..SOME ONE WILL put details up eventually..lol...

9. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Also Zak mentioned something about Crawdaunt evolving in the next episode.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    So, does May still need 5 Ribbons to enter the GF? Or is it a diffrent number for Kanto?

10. Addydo

Addydo X-Men/Pokemon Fan!

You mean Corphish right!?

11. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

If it does;

A) I will be delighted
    B) That manga is inaccurate
    C) I'll never think badly of the writers again

HOWEVER... I still do feel badly of the writers, and will until I see this thing. I doubt it's true.

12. £añkaÑ

£añkaÑ ~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~

WHAT WHAT!...that'd change things big time..lol I DON'T THINK THAT WILL HAPPEN..

as the last two times of MANGA predictions came right in ep...and this time...it is to happen..we've heard..lol HMM...WHAT WILL HAPPEN.lol

it all depends on Zak...to come forward with the info...or someone that has actually seen the episode...lol

EDIT:...Zak had actually said about the NEXT EP...the Dragonair one of a scene with Crawdaunt..he didn't confirm it being Ash's Corpish that evolves...SO STILL WE DON'T KNO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT...till we all see the preivew..and more likely the EP...to confirm...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  13. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

That's impossible. The Battle Dome episode which takes place after the Dragonair one shows Ash with Corphish in the comic. It's probably misleading or something.

Anyway I knew Combusken would beat Venuasaur.

14. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

Well, considering the ribbon case Shuu has contains spaces for five ribbons, I'd say its a definate 'yes'.

Yay, 'shamo kicked its wart-covered ass. Thank god for that, it was in need of a decent victory~

15. I hoped May gets kicked into in this Episode, OOOOO! Corphish evovles that
    would be cool

16. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Can you please not discuss future episodes in this thread. This thread is for this episode alone

17. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

So about that Dragonair episode...

18. Dogasu

Dogasu Frustrated Elf

So why does Haruka have her Gonbe around if she's not going to use it in Contests?

Either get a new pokemon or start using your Gonbe, because I don't want to see Zenigame / Wakashamo in every Contest.

19. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

I'm glad to finally see some Gon-imosity from you, Dogasu.

20. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

They're obviously saving Munchlax up for something big later on. Any Pokemon that looks useless and hardly ever gets to do anything in the beginning might as well have a huge neon sign over its head reading, 'ATTENTION! IMPORTANT FUTURE PLOT POINT!' See Togepi, Squirtle, etc.