• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weekend Warrior (428)

PDL

disenchanted
I like May alot... but I'm getting tired of her winning every contest she enters... I'd like her to lose one for a change...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well to be fair, she just lost the Grand Festival. She's only had two wins in a row, and Combusken defeating Venusaur was a given, just because Combusken is so damn awesome.

Ash needs to lose again too, but I guess the writers consider the leagues the "loss" for both characters. Thus now they're getting wins to make up for it.

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Just seen the pictures, looked quite good, not great, but still....good.

[img300]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/cyberfazza/gio.png[/img300]

Tis Giovanni!! :eek:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Joe said:
Just seen the pictures, looked quite good, not great, but still....good.

You're right. It is Giovanni, with a mullet. XD

PDL

disenchanted
Joe said:

exact same thing I thought when I saw that guy... exact same features... crazy...

"Team Rock and Roll"

S

Sabre

Response to picture: This would be the animators being lazy about character designs, that it is. P:

...and to stay on-topic, this episode was rather boring. |: I was hoping for much more a fight from Venusaur... it wasn't particularily great that her Combusken defeated it with one hit -- because if they had been given a longer time to battle, perhaps it could have actually shown it's mettle as her Pokemon, and shown that it (and May) had developed enough to defeat a really powerful Pokemon such as Venusaur, using Frenzy Plant (which in the anime is really very good...). *sigh* Oh well. The writers will never fully meet my expectations, but I'm not carping just yet. P:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
If you want lazy, just look at this shot.
A blue Breloom, a Marril with green/white/whatever ears, and a Linoone with yellow and red stripes. Why stick to the official colors when you can make up your own!

Geodude

Sabre said:
it wasn't particularily great that her Combusken defeated it with one hit
ONE HIT? What the heck do you call the flurry of Pecks that occurred just a few moments before that if they weren't hits? -_- People, come ON, before posting about this episode, could you at least use a little brainpower?

Loved the piano version of Smile, and the Combusken/Venusaur battle was excellent, as was Squirtle's appeal. :)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Unfortunately we have to settle with Screen shots that can leave out important event because they happen during a gap. Combusken could have opened a Jump Point and brought in a Centurai Battlecruiser in to vaporize Venusaur for all we know.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Gravy said:
A blue Breloom, a Marril with green/white/whatever ears, and a Linoone with yellow and red stripes. Why stick to the official colors when you can make up your own!
As bad as that is, I still think the Tetsuya battle episode was worse. :x

JazzJazz

Gravy said:

No, no... those are just super-rare pokemon, the writers are just teasing us with signs of what is to come in the future of Pokemon... if only.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Probably. Having horrible animation once was just annoying, but when it happens again it's not a good sign. I'm just glad we haven't seen any more CG stuff recently. :s

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
CyberCubed said:
Should we be worried if the animators are getting THAT lazy?
It's the sign of the end of the world because the Pokemon animators are lazy bumbs who couldn't color to save their lives. Not mention it's point and click now a days. Unlike when they actually had to paint the cells.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I was thinking the same thing. When both your writers AND your animators are beginning to suck, you know you have problems.