• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weekend Warrior (428)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Sherlock Shuckle said:
as Much I like May, she realy should have lost this one..... I mean she was so low on points when her opponent was adverage, and with less then 15 seconds left she won! I mean how unbelivable is that?
plus the episode was rushed, worse contest ever
Hmmm, an experienced Fire type beats a Grass type, how is that unbelievable? How could it be called the worst contest ever? I'd say that title squarely belongs to the one with Dusclops and Skitty.

I mean sheesh, the fact that Venusaur did so well was to show how powerful it was and make the episode more exciting. I certainly was impressed with how close it was. I myself remember in the games occasionally having matches where I won by only 1 HP (not that the points on the contest thing are necessarily HP) and its quite exciting.

Really, I can't see anything wrong with this episode except that maybe it was a little rushed. Squirtle's appeal was inventive and beautiful (how could anybody hate it so much after that, plus its appearence wearing the flowers) and Combusken vs. Venusaur was one of the closest battles ever in the show.

Kthleen said:
What I wonder is how in the hell Frenzy Plant could take away more than a third of Haruka's points the first time, but less that 1/6 the second. (Unless you count the block plus the hit, but even then, it's less than the first time.)
I was under the impression it was probably because Combusken took only a minor hit the second time Frenzy Plant was used, and it dodged most of the attacks attempts to hit it.

<><><>

On another note, I think it can be assumed now that May's Squirtle is a girl, not simply for the flowers but for the feminine blushing pose it made. ^_^

Lastly, some people here are complaining about Munchlax not being used. Isn't it more realistic that way? Munchlax only recently started battling in the show, so why should it suddenly star in a contest? Even May's baby Squirtle had a few battles in various episodes before it starred in a contest. We should be HAPPY Munchlax wasn't used, and if it was I know people would be complaining about that too.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, the writers probably don't want to overuse Munchlax this early on. We know that Munchlax will still be here when the D/P region starts, and then we'll start seeing May use Munchlax over and over again.

I'd rather she rarely use it now, otherwise we'd get so sick of it being in contests already that when she uses it in the D/P region we'll be uninspired to watch it's contests.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Pokemon Fan said:
On another note, I think it can be assumed now that May's Squirtle is a girl, not simply for the flowers but for the feminine blushing pose it made. ^_^
There's that face again.

Yeah, it's female. Or more precisely, a feminine incarnation of evil and suffering.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
V Faction said:
There's that face again.
What is wrong with the face exactly? Does it mean something I am not aware of as I thought it was just a happy smile. I'll try harder to stop using it if there's a good reason, it's just the real smilies take forever to load as they're at the very end of all the 300+ pokemon icons.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Pokemon Fan said:
What is wrong with the face exactly? Does it mean something I am not aware of as I thought it was just a happy smile. I'll try harder to stop using it if there's a good reason, it's just the real smilies take forever to load as they're at the very end of all the 300+ pokemon icons.
It's the face you can post and get away with things when you do. Not necessary you, but other you's. Such as...

"You steaming pile of horse **** ^_^"

"That's okay, we all know your theories are a bunch of ****ed up nonsense that no one would have listened to anyway! ^_^"

"^_^ Thanks a lot you stupid ***hole."

And when I see you post it, I know you're trying to act as the voice of reason, who looks at both sides of the argument/problem/situation. It's your way of saying "Hey guys, can't we all just get along?" It doesn't have anything to do with load times or crap like that.

After all, why do you think 5000+ members use stupid faces like that in their posts? Gives 'em something to do.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Yeah, the writers probably don't want to overuse Munchlax this early on. We know that Munchlax will still be here when the D/P region starts, and then we'll start seeing May use Munchlax over and over again.

I'd rather she rarely use it now, otherwise we'd get so sick of it being in contests already that when she uses it in the D/P region we'll be uninspired to watch it's contests.
Roflskates.

Giovanni of the Eighties is awesome. :p

Red

Not the color
I liked this episode alot, may did awesome in the last round, i thought she was gonna loose.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was great. The guy that always says “remarkable” (forgot his name) had a terrible new voice IMO. Squirtle was awesome in the preliminaries. Awesome to see Frenzy Plant. The contest was awesome.

darza77

Banned
ughh...........may really should have lost i mean venesaur had like 20 years of experiance on combusken and that last frenzy plant should hav fainted combusken.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Hey! I've got a rather insignificant question that doesn't contribute to the 'discussion' in any way!
Did PUSA's Combusken actually sound halfway decent? 'Halfway decent' meaning 'better than the crap it blurted out before the dubbing switch'.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to Combusken's voice. Beedrill kept its Japanese voice and said "Spear", however.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Hey! I've got a rather insignificant question that doesn't contribute to the 'discussion' in any way!
Did PUSA's Combusken actually sound halfway decent? 'Halfway decent' meaning 'better than the crap it blurted out before the dubbing switch'.

Sounded slightly better to me, like it sounded like a fighting chicken instead of some guy going.. "Cum-Bush-kin!"

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Sounded slightly better to me, like it sounded like a fighting chicken instead of some guy going.. "Cum-Bush-kin!"
Nothing beats "Shamo, Shamo, Shamo SHA!", but if it's better than 4Kids effort AND sounds like the Karate Chick that it should be, then that's A-OK in this sauce's book.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Might I add that Lilian also sounded closer to her Japanese counterpart than 4Kids' rendition did. (This one was higher-pitched) She says "Let's get busy!" instead of "Here we GO!", though. (It actually reminded me of Yamato-San's parody sub where Lilian was a hooker)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Kojiro said:
When it used it's flamethrower, it was like... "COMSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
As they say on the Interland Net; For The Win.
She says "Let's get busy!" instead of "Here we GO!", though. (It actually reminded me of Yamato-San's parody sub where Lilian was a hooker)
When you picture a woman in that attire, saying that line, one can't help but to chuckle up a storm.
It doesn't matter who the hell is dubbing (or subbing!) this show. Pokémon always manages to deliver some wonderfully dodgy dialogue.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
PUSA, who are like "force-feeding" the Spoiled people who like the original better everything they want, should of left her dialouge in Japanese.

So, we could hear random engrish.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
This episode was one of the best contests ever! Squirtle did a great job in her appeal round and the finals match was VERY close and exciting. FINALLY one of the starter special attacks is used and its animation was great!

Lillian sounded higher pitched, but I actually like her new voice much better than the old one. The two judges, though, sounded terrible!

Quote of the episode:

I was meeting with a client and he wouldn't SHUT UP!!!!!

XD!