• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weekend Warrior (428)

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
That does looke like a blue Breloom, just an artwork error (Although looks nice).

Not a fan of contests but Butterfree's contest stuff looked pretty cool, I like the Stun Spore and Poison Powder combo. I think the wife was quite unfair on her husband considering, he should be allowed to enter contests if he wants, you are never too old for anything. It was nice that May won when it looked like she was going to lose.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Nice battle bewteen Combusken and Venusaur.... that guy used Frenzy Plant too much

Giovanni in the early 80's! Didn't you guys know? He toured with Sabbath and Iron Maiden back in the day with his early metal band, "The Rockets". \m/

Speaking of Iron Maiden, they have a song called "Weekend Warrior".
I'm wondering if the dub title was named this because of the "Salarymans" "second life"?
Think about it. His "second life" is being a guitarist in a band. Iron Maiden. Song called "Weekend Warrior". Episode title of the same name.

I apologize if I'm looking way too much in to this, but that's just how I saw things.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool to see Combusken finally learning Sky Uppercut, It's 1of my favorite Fighting-Type attacks. The battle between Combusken and Venusaur was really cool. Squirtle was great during the Appeal round, especially with the way it used Ice Beam at the end. I'm glad Combusken took advantage of Venusaur not being able to move after using Frenzy Plant and ended up defeating it. I'm glad May won the Contest.

79/100

Vernikova

Champion
Random character introduction with a story that I don't care about. At least we got another contest but it wasn't an episode to write home about.

NPT

Just a member
In this episode, May arrives at Silver Town's Contest hall for entering the Pokemon Contest. There she meets Jeremy, who's entering the contest too.
I thought it's was nice of May when she was encouraging Jeremy to do what he enjoys doing.
The final battle between May's Combusken and Jeremy's Venesaur was great, I liked how Combusken took advantage of Venusaur, who couldn't move after using Frenzy Plant. Combusking defeating Venesaur by using Sky Uppercut was cool.
I'm glad May won the Contest and got her second Kanto ribbon.

Last edited:
Not that I'm complaining that the show needs to be 100% consistent with everything that happens, but you'd think that not being there when your called on stage with everyone else could (a big COULD) warrant disqualification.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
May's Squirtle looked totally adorable adorned with flowers and for once I was actually pleased by its appeal even if Ice Beam is overused. Jeremy being confronted by his family made me shriek since it was so overly-dramatic. I was just glad that May won another ribbon and seeing Jessie take a break from Contests was at least refreshing as well.

JudySpell

Banned
Jeremy looked so much like Giovanni when he was young. I mostly just liked how May won her 2nd Kanto ribbon here and that Frenzy Plant was shown. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Squirtle's Bubble and Ice Beam appeal combo was gorgeous and I also liked how Jeremy had pressure from his family when he competed. Venusaur vs Combusken was intense and I liked seeing May win. :D

Gillachu

Banned
May's opponent was a complete joke and once again her Squirtle's boring, predictable appeal was given a high score. Wtf...

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Aw, Squirtle looked adorable with flowers. Jeremy being confronted by his family made me shriek since it was so over dramatic. I was just glad that May won another ribbon.

ZilverLox

Banned
I liked Jeremy. I noticed that when he first appeared, the song they played was actually the one used in "The Bridge Bicycle Gang" episode from the first season. I think it was like, the gang's theme or something. And during the contest battle, I was very surprised to see Jeremy's Venusaur use Frenzy Plant. Awesome, I wasn't expecting to see that move.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Thus began the point in the Battle Frontier saga where Zenigame's ice Appeals would become the norm. I liked how Ogata was going through some kind of double life crisis, and his Butterfree's Appeal was psychedelic. Fushigibana versus Wakasyamo was intense, but of course Haruka won. But I was disappointed that Musashi didn't compete.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Jeremy's ordeal seemed so ridiculous. He didn't need to hide his hobby and May winning against his mighty Venusaur was a cheap plot twist.