• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

weezing

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
is weezing good ingame. for bf?

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Weezing's one of the best physical walls there is in Pokemon. With only one weakness and great defense, and a wonderful status move known as Wil-o-Wisp, it can easily counter any non-CB physical sweeper like SDcross or DDmence. It's also a pretty sturdy Hazer.

The typical moveset is something like this:
Weezing@lefties
Impish / Relaxed Nature
- WoW
- Pain Split / Rest
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze / Shadow Ball / Explosion / Fire Blast

Relaxed if using Fire Blast for fourth move: Impish for the rest. Haze is kinda useless ingame, but you never know when it'll come in handy. Shadow Ball for ghosts that can shrug off Sludge Bomb.

Explosion lets you go out in a bang, but I don't really like exploding my physical wall. I suppose it's okay in the Battle Frontier though. Fire Blast for Steel types that are immune to Sludge Bomb, obviously.

~Frost

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
I have a Weezing which I use for the BF and it's great. Use it if you need some defensive back up.

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
I heard Explosion lowers the opponents defense by half

is that true??

Dark Aerodactyl

i am not a spammer
no, Weezing is awesome Pokemon, brilliant moveset.
It can learn paint split and flamethrover. Really good Pokemon
Weezing@choice band
sludge bomb
shadow ball or rest or subsitute
paint split or explosion
and fire blast or flamethrover(I prefer flamethrover becouse blast innacurate)

Buizeru

Uhh, no. Unless you want your Weezing's a*s kicked, stay away from that Moveset. Go with what Frost Nova suggested. And no, Silver Dragonair, it doesn't.

~Buizeru~

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I never really payed attention to weezing because i always beat them easily, but i ran into one at the Battle Pyramid, and they are annoying. You could use them as a physical wall, but watch out for fast special sweepers(Starmie, Alakazam, etc).

Dark Aerodactyl

i am not a spammer
good idea. I go to train weezing with this moveset
sludge bomb
shadow ball
explosion
flamethrover

hehe

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
ok, thx to all....i just hatched a wonderfully outstanding koffing just now and its gonna be partners w/ starmie in colo.

medichamp

I'm ChunkyBob <RSPCT
not bad. I don't like weezing though cuz its slow and in what world will it stand a hit from alakazam? (switch) but it beats the ssss out of any other physical walls like skarm, steelix etc. its not a bad choice, plan your team well though, because weezing can cause more harm than good if your team is wonky

EDIT: oh yeah, I'd go for fire blast if I was you

Pikachu1125

Rap Rocker
I don't like using Weezing because of the uglyness. I'd say it's good through.