• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weightlifting/Bodybuilding/Buff & Stuff Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else here like to lift or go to the gym? I go to the gym everyday. I think it's one of the best stress releasing things.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
GL finding anyone xD

I run on Fridays and sometimes Sundays. Cant lift weights though, im still growing (14). I wanna be as tall as i can be

Kacho

You are next.
lol.... I used to be a nerd (who don't do exercise) back in HS...
now in college, I am slowly easing and getting comfortable with exercising... heh.

I mean, it's good for bones and all if you're doing the right posture...

and I don't go to gym every day lol. classes comes first.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I train three days a week.
But I am lazy.. Heheheheh...

MisterM

That's what she said
I don't go to the gym but I do train by myself, at home or outside (when I want to run). I don't really have the proper equipment though, but you'd be surprised as to how much you can do without any accessory!

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I lift weights three times a week, but I find it very boring. I really should start doing it more, though. Even though I've had some progress, three times a week isn't a lot.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I strive to lift at least three times a week, but lately because of my FULL schedule I've been slacking, often going twice or once and just doing lots of abs and pushups at home.

That being said, there's no better feeling than a moderate workout. Gets the blood flowing and energizes you. A full workout can kill but ultimately works toward a greater good, I guess.

*IZ*

I've been lifting weights this whole week in school and later I go to the gym.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
above is a common, naive mistake. training everyday isnt healthy either and its hard to keep it up

am i right? your body needs to rest

Kacho

You are next.
above is a common, naive mistake. training everyday isnt healthy either and its hard to keep it up

I thought if you alternate different muscle groups, it would be fine.
However, I would still save at least one day of not exercising in order to get other shenanigans done, like errands.

ChedWick

Everyday? Yea that's a little much but a 5 day split with maybe a 6th leg day wont kill you.

I do a push pull routine four days a week for about an hour a day. I usually get burned out after about 6 weeks so I take a week break to fully recover then hit the gym again.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
I need to start going back to the gym. I could use the stress reduction with my current schedule where I already have to work outside of school to support myself. Lifting was something I always did to help with soccer but for whatever reason I haven't gone in forever.

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
Because our football program is so demanding (and a damn good football team to boot), i workout twice a day every day and then do mat drills which is a very fast paced running excercise. sure, i feel like quitting midway and start hating my life, but in the end it can build muscle incredibly fast and toughen you to levels you never thought was possible. plus, its really fun. kinda like a bitter-sweet feeling of weightlifting

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
Well, being a top-tier AA hockey goaltender, I keep in fairly good shape, and part of my routine is weightlifting. I'm currently curling 75lbs and benching 150lbs. Not to brag or anything.

legendcollector

Brains over Brawns
I love lifting weights. I work out every day during the week. Not to the extent that TyranitarFan does, though. Our workout program isn't nearly as difficult because of how my school system works...I would love to have more than one weights hour every day

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
I've been marathon training for almost a year now and cardio was always more my thing. However, I just ordered a strength training book because it's definitely something I've always been meaning to work on. Kinda geeked to get into it, actually.

I go everyday, but I don't lift everyday. I split muscles up, and every 3 day I just run and swim for cardio and to stay in good shape. Weight lifting everyday is unhealthy in the long run.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Haven't lifted weights since high school. I could only bench press about 75 pounds. Having high metabolism makes it kind of hard to gain weight. Although I may consider taking it up again if I decide to join the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.