• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weightlifting/Bodybuilding/Buff & Stuff Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludwig

A few weeks later, I am still paranoid that one side of my body is worked more than another...
it gets to the point that I adjust posture a little every other repetition...

should I just continue as is, or try "squeezing" work on the weaker side?

Everyone naturally got a stronger side. Obvious, you should strive for being equally strong with both sides, but don't adjust your posture for it. When lifting heavier weights, the posture and technique is important. It may not be very noticeable for the weights you currently use, but it will be later. So don't teach your body to use a bad posture. It's better to adjust it with exercises where the sides work independently.

Estuary

єѕѕ-cнєw-єrry
I used to run three miles a day, six days a week back in California (I'm a girl). It was AWESOME. And I ate ridiculously healthy (no red meat, no soda, controlled sugars). Never felt better in my life. Then I moved to Oregon, where the humidity made it harder to jog- so instead, I took all-day bike rides and took up rock climbing (you haven't lived 'til you've rappeled sixty feet over an overhanging cliff edge!)

Now, I live in Florida. It's disgustingly hot and humid ALL the time, I get honks and creepy guys when I jog here, and there are NO HILLS so bike riding isn't even exercise. Not to mention, no rocks to climb! No wonder the South is so overweight. I'm getting fat. Can't wait to move back up north, only 4 more months!

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I used to run three miles a day, six days a week back in California (I'm a girl). It was AWESOME. And I ate ridiculously healthy (no red meat, no soda, controlled sugars). Never felt better in my life. Then I moved to Oregon, where the humidity made it harder to jog- so instead, I took all-day bike rides and took up rock climbing (you haven't lived 'til you've rappelled sixty feet over an overhanging cliff edge!)

Now, I live in Florida. It's disgustingly hot and humid ALL the time, I get honks and creepy guys when I jog here, and there are NO HILLS so bike riding isn't even exercise. Not to mention, no rocks to climb! No wonder the South is so overweight. I'm getting fat. Can't wait to move back up north, only 4 more months!
I'll see you your 60' cliff and raise you 220' into a dry riverbed... Australian not Swiss.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
No wonder the South is so overweight.

I think this may have something to do with our delicious food as well. ;)

I've been pretty fit most of my life, but since I started college I've slacked off. I really haven't gained any weight, but my endurance is way down. I've been trying to get back into a routine, but there are so many distractions in school.

Has anyone ever tried the P90X ab workout? Thoughts?

Estuary

єѕѕ-cнєw-єrry
I'll see you your 60' cliff and raise you 220' into a dry riverbed... Australian not Swiss.

Nice! Hard to find stuff like that here.

And Pkmn Breeder Jack: This is true- though all I ever eat is my own awful cooking, 'cause I'm stingy.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Apparently I should hit the gym to exercise regularly, but I've always found doing activities like running and cycling to be more enjoyable. I can't see myself enjoying weightlifting and similar for very long if I do try it out.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
For a big person too if they aren't used to endurance lifting. I one hand lift and handle 35 lbs crankshafts all day (8-9 Hr day) like they are nothing. Then again I'm 300lbs, my 180 lbs coworker has to use a crane to match my endurance.

Ludwig

For a big person too if they aren't used to endurance lifting. I one hand lift and handle 35 lbs crankshafts all day (8-9 Hr day) like they are nothing. Then again I'm 300lbs, my 180 lbs coworker has to use a crane to match my endurance.

It's only 5 light reps. So it doesn't take a lot of endurance the first 10-20 sets.

I used to run three miles a day, six days a week back in California (I'm a girl). It was AWESOME. And I ate ridiculously healthy (no red meat, no soda, controlled sugars). Never felt better in my life. Then I moved to Oregon, where the humidity made it harder to jog- so instead, I took all-day bike rides and took up rock climbing (you haven't lived 'til you've rappeled sixty feet over an overhanging cliff edge!)

You move around a lot. Rock climbing in Oregon had to be awesome.

I think this may have something to do with our delicious food as well. ;)

I've been pretty fit most of my life, but since I started college I've slacked off. I really haven't gained any weight, but my endurance is way down. I've been trying to get back into a routine, but there are so many distractions in school.

Has anyone ever tried the P90X ab workout? Thoughts?

My friends have tried it and it works, but they also did the whole program not just that.

Maybe he meant 135lbs with 5 reps of 10. Which sounds normal.

He said it was a burnout, that's little weight, a lot of reps.

Apparently I should hit the gym to exercise regularly, but I've always found doing activities like running and cycling to be more enjoyable. I can't see myself enjoying weightlifting and similar for very long if I do try it out.

Running and bike riding are just as good for your body. Not everyone is going to lift.

Estuary

єѕѕ-cнєw-єrry
You move around a lot. Rock climbing in Oregon had to be awesome.

Sure did! Went to 8 different high schools, and I've lived in about 20 different states. Each has its pros and cons, but my least favorite is Florida, so far. Favorite: Denver, CO, Oregon, and PA (because it's pretty).

To make this not entirely off-topic, I enjoy weight lifting, too. But I feel that endurance training has better long-term effects for me. Plus, as a girl, I'll always be outclassed by guys and that's a little disheartening. Of course, any kind of exercise is fantastic! Kudos to girls who weight train!

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
Maybe he meant 135lbs with 5 reps of 10. Which sounds normal.

no, we do as many as we can then take a 5 sec break then continue to do as many as possible and so on until we get 50. btw i forgot to mention this, but after that we do 50-70 hyperextensions with 25lbs attached. 45 with the weight, then 25 without. you wont be able to walk for a while after doing that much.
if you dont know what hyperextensions are, its basically the opposite of situps. instead of facing up and going up, we face down and go up.

Last edited:
no, we do as many as we can then take a 5 sec break then continue to do as many as possible and so on until we get 50. btw i forgot to mention this, but after that we do 50-70 hyperextensions with 25lbs attached. 45 with the weight, then 25 without. you wont be able to walk for a while after doing that much.
if you dont know what hyperextensions are, its basically the opposite of situps. instead of facing up and going up, we face down and go up.

Why does he make you train so hard?

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
lol its football and im a lineman. on the line, if both players skill are equal, then strength will prevail. lineman have to be, and are much stronger than the rest of the positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.