• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Cards and Misprints

kris198921

i had a jungle set nidoqueen and victerebell without the jungle symbol, and i had a base 2 charizard that said stage 1

Nebbio

NINJA!
Lemme see. Well I have a Hypno and Drowzee that say Drowsee, Mew that says Specie not species, a Dark Vileplume weak to fighting insted of fire, a bunch of old water energys that have the writing closer to the top, and a Gastly from LG and FR with the uncommon sign.

Lorde

Banned
I had a few misprints back when I had a lot of cards. Like:

A movie one Mewtwo promo (found in the VHS/DVD) that didn't even have a name, the space for the name was blank lol. I still have it but I was going to fill in the space.

GreenAiden555

Up For Trade P.M Me
Has no one mentioned Raichu Level X yet?

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
Weird cards? I've got some. Here are some (not all) weird and misprinted cards I've got since I was, uh 4.

Old Cards (the times where 3rd Gen doesn't exist yet)
- A Yanma card which has the background of Fearow's card.
- An Ampharos card which has the background of Charmeleon's card
- Blastoise having a 200 HP
- Abra as a supporter card

New Cards (such as Ruby and Sapphire, Holon Phantoms, and Diamond and Pearl)
- Sableye card's illustration from Secret Wonders was Sumiyoshi Kizuki, but instead Ken Sugimori was written. Some sort of Typographical error, I guess?
- More spelling errors (Zangoose's "Cat Ferret" turned into "Get Ferret", etc.)

Sorry, no scans. Because I have no scanner. But I am telling the truth.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I just got a Misprint Flareon from the Platinum Rising Rivals Series
Original Card: http://serebii.net/card/risingrivals/019.shtml

My card:
That's not a misprint, that's a fake card. Why do people here keep posting info about their fake cards? -_- If this keeps up then I'll just have to close this thread...

Weird cards? I've got some. Here are some (not all) weird and misprinted cards I've got since I was, uh 4.

Old Cards (the times where 3rd Gen doesn't exist yet)
- A Yanma card which has the background of Fearow's card.
- An Ampharos card which has the background of Charmeleon's card
- Blastoise having a 200 HP
- Abra as a supporter card

New Cards (such as Ruby and Sapphire, Holon Phantoms, and Diamond and Pearl)
- Sableye card's illustration from Secret Wonders was Sumiyoshi Kizuki, but instead Ken Sugimori was written. Some sort of Typographical error, I guess?
- More spelling errors (Zangoose's "Cat Ferret" turned into "Get Ferret", etc.)

Sorry, no scans. Because I have no scanner. But I am telling the truth.
And the same thing with most/all of these...

Last edited:

Nidoprince

Got one:

Notice the right border and compare it to the left...

Last edited:

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
I had an old Dark Arbok card that said Dark Rabok... I know it wasn't fake because I got it from the same dealer I got over a thousand other cards from and none of the others had the slightest error.

Nidoprince

I knew it wasn't a weird card, but it does have a "flaw" which makes it a misprint, as long as they didn't mean to do it...well I still like it because at least it's something. As you can see, I've never gotten anything like that so it's my first and special card.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I knew it wasn't a weird card, but it does have a "flaw" which makes it a misprint, as long as they didn't mean to do it...well I still like it because at least it's something. As you can see, I've never gotten anything like that so it's my first and special card.
You're right, it is a misprint/miscut card. It isn't as bad as this one of mine, but it is one.

Nidoprince

Oh my gosh, that's really miscut! I didn't think it was a miscut because the back looks normal unlike your previous mentioned miscut cards. I'll post a pic of the back when I get the chance.