• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Cards and Misprints

kris198921

i had a jungle set nidoqueen and victerebell without the jungle symbol, and i had a base 2 charizard that said stage 1

Nebbio

NINJA!
Lemme see. Well I have a Hypno and Drowzee that say Drowsee, Mew that says Specie not species, a Dark Vileplume weak to fighting insted of fire, a bunch of old water energys that have the writing closer to the top, and a Gastly from LG and FR with the uncommon sign.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I had a few misprints back when I had a lot of cards. Like:

A movie one Mewtwo promo (found in the VHS/DVD) that didn't even have a name, the space for the name was blank lol. I still have it but I was going to fill in the space.

GreenAiden555

Up For Trade P.M Me
Has no one mentioned Raichu Level X yet?

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
Weird cards? I've got some. Here are some (not all) weird and misprinted cards I've got since I was, uh 4.

Old Cards (the times where 3rd Gen doesn't exist yet)
- A Yanma card which has the background of Fearow's card.
- An Ampharos card which has the background of Charmeleon's card
- Blastoise having a 200 HP
- Abra as a supporter card

New Cards (such as Ruby and Sapphire, Holon Phantoms, and Diamond and Pearl)
- Sableye card's illustration from Secret Wonders was Sumiyoshi Kizuki, but instead Ken Sugimori was written. Some sort of Typographical error, I guess?
- More spelling errors (Zangoose's "Cat Ferret" turned into "Get Ferret", etc.)

Sorry, no scans. Because I have no scanner. But I am telling the truth.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I just got a Misprint Flareon from the Platinum Rising Rivals Series
Original Card: http://serebii.net/card/risingrivals/019.shtml

My card:
SCAN0036.jpg

That's not a misprint, that's a fake card. Why do people here keep posting info about their fake cards? -_- If this keeps up then I'll just have to close this thread...

Weird cards? I've got some. Here are some (not all) weird and misprinted cards I've got since I was, uh 4.

Old Cards (the times where 3rd Gen doesn't exist yet)
- A Yanma card which has the background of Fearow's card.
- An Ampharos card which has the background of Charmeleon's card
- Blastoise having a 200 HP
- Abra as a supporter card

New Cards (such as Ruby and Sapphire, Holon Phantoms, and Diamond and Pearl)
- Sableye card's illustration from Secret Wonders was Sumiyoshi Kizuki, but instead Ken Sugimori was written. Some sort of Typographical error, I guess?
- More spelling errors (Zangoose's "Cat Ferret" turned into "Get Ferret", etc.)

Sorry, no scans. Because I have no scanner. But I am telling the truth.

And the same thing with most/all of these...

Last edited:

Nidoprince

Got one:

001-9.jpg

Notice the right border and compare it to the left...

Last edited:

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
I had an old Dark Arbok card that said Dark Rabok... I know it wasn't fake because I got it from the same dealer I got over a thousand other cards from and none of the others had the slightest error.

Nidoprince

I knew it wasn't a weird card, but it does have a "flaw" which makes it a misprint, as long as they didn't mean to do it...well I still like it because at least it's something. As you can see, I've never gotten anything like that so it's my first and special card.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I knew it wasn't a weird card, but it does have a "flaw" which makes it a misprint, as long as they didn't mean to do it...well I still like it because at least it's something. As you can see, I've never gotten anything like that so it's my first and special card.

You're right, it is a misprint/miscut card. It isn't as bad as this one of mine, but it is one.

Nidoprince

Oh my gosh, that's really miscut! I didn't think it was a miscut because the back looks normal unlike your previous mentioned miscut cards. I'll post a pic of the back when I get the chance.