• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Commercial People

Who's the weirdest of the weird?

• Flo (Progressive)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • The Sham-WOW! guy.

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Willie Mayes (The Oxy-Clean guy)

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
Alright, we've all seen them. Those people on TV that are just a liiitle bit creepy. Post 'em here.

Like, y'know that Flo chick from those Progressive commercials? I think she's a Sith in disguise.

And what about the Oxy-Clean man? Bad vibes, dude.

treespyro

Vintage much?
That Forger's Coffee girl. Who's husband 'cheated' on her by getting coffee from another women because his wife's coffee was terrible but then she finds out about Forger's coffee and everything is back together.

Or the one where the wife doesn't make good coffee and the husband couldn't work and he blames his wife.

Gotta love the Ads in the 1950's

^ That's awesome. Seriously.

On topic: Who could forget those crazy cavemen from GEICO?

Emo_Kirlia

-Progressive
-Shamwow/Oxyclean/Mini Burger cooker thing dude
-Square Butts
-Cheesasaurous Rex(Gawd I hate the sound of people eating so I hate him cause he's like "Cheeese Meee! *omgloudestslurpsoundintheworld*)
-Kidz Bop Kids
-The dude that ****ed up the Sky Warrior commercial on Cartoon Network and pronounced it -Ji-ratina. I noticed they fixed it in other commercials.
-Finger puppet dudes that host the saturday morning cartoons on Cartoon Network.
-Ronald McDonald. Those commercials don't even mention food. It's just like "Look Ronald! A Shooting Star!!" IN WHAT WAY does that relate to FOOD?!

These are all the people on TV that creep me out and/or Irk me.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
Don't forget about the families who gather around the breakfest table as she pours them so Florida Orange Juice. Better yet, all those families who act so happy, it's like, are you on some type of drug? I know it's scripted, but it makes one wonder, who many families are like that.

For an actual character, the Burger King mascot. (Sorry, I had to say it). Now that's a bit creepy.

Penguinist Trainer

I love Flo, she's cute and has a bubbly personality.

And how can you not trust Billy Mays (Oxy-Clean guy)...he's like the Chuck Norris of infomercials. I don't think I've seen a product he hasn't endorsed.

If there was anyone that is creepy, I'd say it was the Fios and cable guy relationship. They seem a little too close for corporate competitors...especially considering the Fios guy is putting the cable guy out of a job.

Or how about those Comcast people singing upbeat lyrics in the most somber and depressive tones.

Or that family that keeps throwing away their rollover minutes and the mother keeps ripping them a new one.

Or those people in the Verizon commercials? "It's a dead zone in there...."

*brrr*

Indy

WAT
I use ot be afraid of the Ronald mc Doland ads when I was a kid.

I remember some strange Subway add where a kid and mother were talking. Each day of the week was named after a sandwhich.

Then there are those food ads.. where you see most women with their perfect salads and well dressed outfits.

SHADOW DRAGON

Latios, don't go!!
That commercial about frebreeze air freshner where people in their homes start smelling the life out of their clothes that have been sprayed with it.

Emo_Kirlia

Chuck E. Cheese. That's were a lot of 'Ghetto' people like to hang out and start fights at and yet that place is so heavily advertised on Cartoon Network With the Moms and the discusting-looking 'salads' <.< . I whuped that Mouses' Arse when I was Five. :D

treespyro

Vintage much?

I remember some strange Subway add where a kid and mother were talking. Each day of the week was named after a sandwhich.

Then there are those food ads.. where you see most women with their perfect salads and well dressed outfits.

That is not the only thing that is perfect. I think they would need a lesson on dressing

;)

Indy

WAT
Chuck E. Cheese. That's were a lot of 'Ghetto' people like to hang out and start fights at and yet that place is so heavily advertised on Cartoon Network With the Moms and the discusting-looking 'salads' <.< . I whuped that Mouses' Arse when I was Five. :D

I remember an add for it that featured a monkey.

Yes, a monkey.

Hydroleaf

♥ ♥ Brain Bleach ♥ ♥

I remember watching a video of an old McDonalds commercial. Ronald looked scary... He looked like a drunk homeless guy with no other spec of dignity left.

Indy

WAT
I remember watching a video of an old McDonalds commercial. Ronald looked scary... He looked like a drunk homeless guy with no other spec of dignity left.

I remember one where he turned a morning into night time. There was another one where he was chasing the Hamburgler in a house or something.

I also remember the old Kool-Aid man ads. Where he burst out of the walls.

Emo_Kirlia

I saw the first commercial on YouTube and when Ronald was skipping in the parking lot a Volkswagen behind him was driving off like "I gotta get the hell outta here!"

RagTag

Shroomin'
Anyone remember those Captain Crunch. Where he would drive a gigantic ship through your wall. I always remembered thinking how annoying that would be to have him wreck your house like that and just leave.

Indy

WAT
Anyone remember those Captain Crunch. Where he would drive a gigantic ship through your wall. I always remembered thinking how annoying that would be to have him wreck your house like that and just leave.

I remember where he had villians called the "Soggies" and a bird who laid Peanut butter crunch cereal.

RagTag

Shroomin'
and a bird who laid Peanut butter crunch cereal
I don't remember that one, I think that commercial might be enough to make me lose my lunch.

Emo_Kirlia

Weird/Scary commercials promoting movies... The Grudge, Baby Mama, Pineapple Express, Obsessed.

Also I hate any commercials for movies that repeat parts of a song so much that people sing it in the theatre and that makes me not want to see it in the movies because in the Simpsons Movie everyone in the theatre was singing the 'spider pig' song because it was in the commercial. And I didn't want to see 'Space Chimps' just because of that annoying "I am Titan, I am strong! No one wants to sing along..." because I know a bunch of stupid little kids would start singing it in the movie theatre at that part. o_O That is one of my major pet peeves.

Last edited: