• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Evolutions

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
Karrablast>Escavalier
Shelmet>Accelgor
They look nothing like their basic stage.
Infact they look like that would evolve into each other's evolution.
There is a reason why they don't look alike. First off, if a Karrablast is traded for Shelmet in exchange, Karrablast steals Shelmet's shell and wears it to become a Escavalier. As the Shelmet becomes the fast and shelless Accelgor.

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
I've never disliked any evolutions, really, except for maybe Tepig. Cute piglet to body-builder struck me as odd.

Tycrane

Avid Pokétrainer
Snorunt to Glalie.

A cute little 'eskimo' turning into a gigantic floating ball with horns.

It boggles my mind.

pinkchomby

The Heir of Space
What I don't understand is this.

If Banette are dolls that came back to life after being tossed out, looking for the children that tossed them away....than how do they evolve from Shuppet? :s

i read in one of my pokedex books that shuppet possesses the doll, therefore evolving into banette. and yamask>cofarigus. weird ghost thing to living sarchoughagus. mabye yamask possessed a sarchougghagus. idk

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Trapinch I guess.

Ant Lions dont reall turn into dragonflies, then a bigger dragonfly with more emphasis on dragon.

A Krookodile

Seems Legit
I never really got Nincada. I don't get what Nincada is supposed to be - and Ninjask. And Shedinja? What's up with him?
The three don't seem to share a lot, except being ninjas.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I never really got Nincada. I don't get what Nincada is supposed to be - and Ninjask. And Shedinja? What's up with him?
That's the whole of it. They're Ninjas. Nincada is a generic bug, somewhere between a Cicada and a Cricket, or a Grasshopper. Ninjask is prpbably a flying Cicada. And Shedinja is a cast-off shell from a molting bug. There's not much else to get.

Snorunt to Glalie.

A cute little 'eskimo' turning into a gigantic floating ball with horns.

It boggles my mind.

Would you believe a cute little eskimo becoming a Hockey Mask?

Froggy

Momentai
There is a reason why they don't look alike. First off, if a Karrablast is traded for Shelmet in exchange, Karrablast steals Shelmet's shell and wears it to become a Escavalier. As the Shelmet becomes the fast and shelless Accelgor.

Thank you for that information. I haven't kept up with the anime so I was only guessing that something like that happened.

Yamask>Cofagrigus
Kind of weird how it turns into a coffin.

That's the whole of it. They're Ninjas. Nincada is a generic bug, somewhere between a Cicada and a Cricket, or a Grasshopper. Ninjask is prpbably a flying Cicada. And Shedinja is a cast-off shell from a molting bug. There's not much else to get.

There's no probably in Ninjask. It looks just like a cicada.

Nincada isn't a mix of anything. It's a just cicada nymph.
Here, take a look:

[IMG200]http://www.uky.edu/Ag/CritterFiles/casefile/insects/homoptera/cicadas/annnymph.jpg[/IMG200]

Thank you for that information. I haven't kept up with the anime so I was only guessing that something like that happened.

This was mentioned in the games. Not the anime.

Yamask>Cofagrigus
Kind of weird how it turns into a coffin.

Considering yamask is holding its mask and that Confagrigus has the same mask on the coffin itself no, it's not weird. Yamask is the spirit of a departed person, Gonfagrigus is a sarcophagus, a coffin where departed people (specifically Egyptians) would be buried in. They're related through theme.

Last edited:

Luxie

Goddess of Lust

A nymph cicada that evolves into an adult cicada is weird to you???

And Shedinja is the cicada's shell after the cicada outgrows it.

I can't believe people are still in here saying Magikarp.