• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Evolutions

adrin19

Airbending tattoo xD
Yes, but do bee larvae go through metamorphosis? I'm sorry, they probably do, I'm just wondering, because then we could say that this evolution line is weird if they don't.

I'm new, hai peoplez! :3

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
magikarp and garydos... why?

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
EDIT: Geodude, Graveler, Golem

Geodude= Two arms
Graveler= Four arms
Golem= Two arms

He probibly lost the "Two extra" arms while battleing and or rollin around.

Note:

Geodude 2 limbs.

Graveler 6 limbs.

Golem 4 limbs.

It should be like Beldum.

Beldum 1 limb(which makes up most of it's body.)

Metang 2 limbs.

Metagross 4 limbs.

Why other then Clamperals evolution almost all others make some sense but could use similiar color scemes.

Litovoi

Astral Shadow
Surskit>Masquerain
How does that even work?

adrin19

Airbending tattoo xD
Last edited:

Litovoi

Astral Shadow
Surskit is a little water skater bug thing and then it grows wings. o_O It also loses it's Water typeage and becomes Bug-Flying. It also goes from being blue and yellow to red and white

Exactly! That is strange. I mean, where does that even happen in nature?

MHugs

Swadloon cuddle~
I think they all make sense. None of them bug me at all.

Feebas to Milotic is a trope, guys. Nothing weird there. Ugly fish to pretty "fish."

Plazamanu

well, there's only one thing that has always bothered me: why the hell is psyduck/golduck a pure water type?
maybe it's a bit off-topic but it really is strange.
i mean, i'd understand if psyduck only got it's second (psychic) type after evolving since it already happened before with other pokemon (mainly starters) but golduck not being water/psychic doesn't make any sense, especially when it learns various psychic type attacks and even the dex clearly says it has that kind of power.
Even the name "PSYduck" strongly suggests it.

And for **** sake, i hope ppl will get a brain and stop asking about stuff that is obvious and has already been answered 1 million times.
Seriously... Is it that difficult to figure the concept behind feebas > milotic? -.-"
And I don't care if it doesn't make sense IRL, this game is pure fiction so why the hell is an evolution based on a legend or even weapons that hard to accept?
If you want realistic stuff go watch dog fights or something. lol

And now it's my turn to troll:

Why does omanyte even evolve???!!! it doesn't make sense... the pokedex says omastar is extinct cause it's shell grew too large!!! so why won't it freakin dieee??!!!!11!!1!1!1!!
I think gamefreak should make a dead evolution for it in the next gen to fix the problem.

Can i just mention the elephant in the room?

It's so obvious that the weirdest evolution by far has got to be Grimer>Muk I mean how does a pile of sludge become a pile of sludge? just no fricken sense!

anyway i think an odd evolution is the chiki line i mean, alive plant> dead plant > very alive plant is just weird to me. I also have problems with Monferno's fire placemant compared to Infernape's fire placement

a weirder one is Luvdisc not being related to Alomomola or anything else.

Also why doesn't it cost money to evolve Vanillite? I mean he gooes from one scoop of ice cream to two and that cost money in all ice cream parlors

But Ice cream makes the haters hate so much more than snow! Because an idea that Nintendo, the Pokemon company and Gamefreak all approved, made and designed movesets for is still not a Pokemon!

/rant

Gelatino95

Not a tool
shelgon and salamance. armoured ball>>>>>>>massive winged dragon

This is a bit strange, but it makes sense considering how it draws upon the process of metamorphosis in real life as exemplified in bug-types like Metapod. Most real-life organisms which metamorphosize go through a pupa stage, in which the organism is usually protected by a strong covering while it's developing. Perhaps Shelgon is in a pupa stage while its wings are growing so it can become a Salamence.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Yup, Bagon's extereme desire to fly causes it to grow a thick shell that protects it's soft back while it's wings form.

I think the only evolution that has little sense to it i Clampearl's.

I can't find any myths, occurencess in nature, or relation between Clams and Eels being related outside of the food chain mabye.

CeleTran

Trapped
It's probably been mentioned, but..

Rhyhorn -> Rhydon
Dusclops -> Dusknoir
Larvitar -> Pupitar -> Tyranitar (Scientifically it makes sense, but why it's strange to me is because I have no idea exactly what Tyranitar is supposed to be based off of)
Snubbull -> Granbull (from bulldog to.. thing, classified as the "Fairy Pokémon" )

MHugs

Swadloon cuddle~
Superpower Emboar is applying a thing called verbal irony.

There are no extraordinarily strange evolutions. Like ohmagawd how does Dodrio get an extra head when it evolves from Doduo that makes no sense nawmean

FroTW

*** gladio et sale
Well I don't know if it's been explained already or not (if it has just quote it for me or direct me to the page #) but the one I don't get is oshawott's line.
It goes otter --> otter --> freaking loch ness monster unicorn thing