• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Evolutions

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Seriously people, do any of you read into any of this at all? Or is this all just based on looks in the vein of: "LOL IT LUKS DIFFRNT SO I DNT GET ITTTTT"?

Lol, I read. It's just that I never really searched up Exeggcute. It was always fun believing that eggs became trees among my friends. But yay, thanks for enlightening me. Congrats.

Mostly magikarp>Gyrados but remoraid>Octillery always gave a wtf face :3

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
its obviously the most shocking evolution in the world:

Arbok > Seviper

Alas, poor 4Kids

Anyways, Magikarp>Gyarados is based on Chinese/Japanese mythology where every year, a group of karps will attempt to jump over a magical waterfall, and whoever jumps over will be transformed into dragons by the Gods to reward their determination and perseverance.

Feebas>Milotic is basically the "Ugly Duckling" equivalent of Magikarp>Gyarados

Remoraid>Octillary is a bit more complicated. Remoraid is a type of pesudo-parasite that uses a suction cup to attach itself to rays and sharks (Mantine) to move around, while Octillary is an Octopus which has suction cups. Both of them can project high-pressure water jets from their mouths, and hence, evolution. Not very sensible, I know.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Alas, poor 4Kids

Anyways, Magikarp>Gyarados is based on Chinese/Japanese mythology where every year, a group of karps will attempt to jump over a magical waterfall, and whoever jumps over will be transformed into dragons by the Gods to reward their determination and perseverance.

Feebas>Milotic is basically the "Ugly Duckling" equivalent of Magikarp>Gyarados

Remoraid>Octillary is a bit more complicated. Remoraid is a type of pesudo-parasite that uses a suction cup to attach itself to rays and sharks (Mantine) to move around, while Octillary is an Octopus which has suction cups. Both of them can project high-pressure water jets from their mouths, and hence, evolution. Not very sensible, I know.

Actually, (as has already been stated) it's also because Remoraid is based on a gun and Octillary is a cannon. They're both partially based on projectile weapons, not just sea creatures. That's why they're evolutionarily related.

However I do agree that it's odd that they don't share similarities with their coloration. Their eyes are sort of similar, though, if the physical appearance rather than the progression of projectile weapon to larger projectile weapon is the main focus of why it's considered weird.

Last edited:

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Mareep to Amphy.. So a sheep turns into Kangaroo?

Remoraid - Octillery...a fish turning into a Octupus...really?

Snivy's evo..A Pokemon loosing its arms and legs..? XD

Oshawott's evo..Turning into a big weird Pokemon? My Dewott is Lv 60, nya~

Oshawott's evo..Turning into a big weird Pokemon?

samurott is not weird.
its base on a sea lion
it has longer beard, four legs with samurai armour with a sword.
i dont see how samurott is weird as it actually has the same colour from its evolution unlike remoraid.
appearance of sea otter and sea lion is quite similar, no?

and thanks to whoever that explain about flygon evo line

cuty_pie98

Gallade Lover ♥
Feebas > Milotic
Seriously? Its like fish to serpent? I still like Milotic though :p

Arceus94

Nevlo

Jack of all Trades
LOL it is still wierd the gender switching...
dont get the mechanics behind it?
why would a watermouse thing switch genders..?

Litwick-->Lampent-->Chandelure
As much as I love this line,I just don't get it.Candles don't become Oil Street Lamps after a period of time,and Oil Street Lamps don't become Chandeliers.Oh and also
Shroomish-->Breloom
CONGRAGULATIONS!YOUR MUSHROOM HAS GROWN HANDS AND LEGS! AND EVEN A TAIL!Not forgetting...
Carvanha-->Sharpedo
A piranha that evolves into shark.Isn't that normal?(sarcastic voice,if you couldn't tell)

Last edited:

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin