• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird Evolutions

tombux

Erm, that's just their names. It's fire-breathing lizard>Larger fire-breathing lizard>Flying fire-breathing lizard(AKA dragon.)

If charmander was actually a salamander, it would be water-type.

not that kind of salamander

the legendary salamander is most often depicted much like a typical salamander in shape, with a lizard-like form, but it is usually ascribed an affinity with fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salamander_(legendary_creature)

Magcargo96

I love this avvy
I think Poliwhirl>Politoed is a really strange one. I really can't see resemblances.

Lady Umbreon

What do you think is the weirdest evolution? Mine is Remoraid and Octillery.

Congratulations! Your Fish evolved into Octopus!
Two words - suction cups. Octopi have them on their tentacles and remoras have ones on their heads. Took me 11 years to figure that out!

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
one that i find strange is bronzor>bronzong. i don't know why, i just do. maybe because there's no resemblance? i dunno.

one that i find strange is bronzor>bronzong. i don't know why, i just do. maybe because there's no resemblance? i dunno.

I'm not sure if it's lack of resemblance or the fact that it's just plainly a weird Pokemon as it is.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
There's a level of "elegence" involved in Licki^2. Tung is just an eater, while Licki^2 is a fine connosuier of everything. (Read that, he's got one of those fancy throat napkin thingies)
I love this statement.
Cute, I mention Lickitung to Lickilicky, and no one cares. Now everyone notices.
My main problem is that Lickilicky looks like a fatter, less muscular lickitung with a shorter tongue.
In the sprites, of course, If Lickilicky is fatter, there's less space for such a large tongue.
Dragonair to Dragonite

It's just not right imo.
If you look at the first few sprites, you can see that dragonite was much more serpentine in Gen one.
This is actually founded. How does my coin evolve into a bell? Other than being metal the relation is zero.
Although there is a slight possibility of Brozor being a gong, in which case it makes sense.

This is actually founded. How does my coin evolve into a bell? Other than being metal the relation is zero.
Although there is a slight possibility of Brozor being a gong, in which case it makes sense.

Or perhaps Bronzor is a tambourine? It seems to be shaped similarly.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Or perhaps Bronzor is a tambourine? It seems to be shaped similarly.
Theres no evidence for either theory. Bronzor's Japanese & english names are based off metal mirrors, so we can assume that's what its based off of for now.

These threads are pointless. They highlight people who are either unaccepting of Pokemon, or those who haven't bothered to look deep enough into a Pokemon's designs. I'm sick of the "unoriginal" argument for Emboar, Vannilluxe, and anything else that is
"This Pokemon is rubbish It has like ONE difference! Too similar!" I also hate the hate Samurott gets. It's a perfectly legitimate evolution if you actually bothered to look under the surface.

Basically, I hate people bashing Pokemon. Mainly because I believe that every Pokemon is good in at least one way.

There are a few sensible questions in this thread, but the rest is just people moaning. I hate that.

For example, the question on Bronzor and Bronzong is detailed here, in the Bulbanews articles by George Hutcheon. He's done a whole series of them and they're quite interesting.
Apparently, Bronzor and Bronzong originated from a story, named "Of a Mirror and a Bell". In this story, set in Japan, some prests wanted to make a new bell. To do this, they asked for Bronze Mirrors (What Bronzor is based off) from Women in the town. One of the women regretted giving hers, and this meant it could not be used in the bell unless if she committed suicide. She did commit suicide, but said that she would haunt the bell if its was not broken before she did. The bell was broken by the peasants, and was disposed of by the priests in a deep swamp.

So yeah. That's Bronzor/Bronzong. Just... please, at least LOOK on Bulbapedia or even the rest of the thread before you ask. Look at the Pokemon you're comparing in their "Origin" Section, and hopefully, you should be able to see the connection. if you're still confused, come here and ask. And just... please go bash Pokemon somewhere else.

Zachmac

not that kind of salamander

the legendary salamander is most often depicted much like a typical salamander in shape, with a lizard-like form, but it is usually ascribed an affinity with fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salamander_(legendary_creature)
.....But it's classified as the lizard pokemon. Look at the pokedex.
Apparently, Bronzor and Bronzong originated from a story, named "Of a Mirror and a Bell". In this story, set in Japan, some prests wanted to make a new bell. To do this, they asked for Bronze Mirrors (What Bronzor is based off) from Women in the town. One of the women regretted giving hers, and this meant it could not be used in the bell unless if she committed suicide. She did commit suicide, but said that she would haunt the bell if its was not broken before she did. The bell was broken by the peasants, and was disposed of by the priests in a deep swamp.
I never new this one, but I know that they like to base pokemon off of old Japanese stories and legends. For example, foxes were said to have supernatural powers, which was measured in tails(from 1-9), and the ability to create illusions.
Ninetails, Zoroark, and maybe Alakazam. At least this explains vulpix>ninetails.

And magikarp->Gyrados. In Japan, it is said that if a koi fish swims up a waterfall, it will transform into a powerful dragon.

You know what? There should just be a pokemon evolution thread. Where you don't complain.

Last edited:

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
.....But it's classified as the lizard pokemon. Look at the pokedex. I never new this one, but I know that they like to base pokemon off of old Japanese stories and legends. For example, foxes were said to have supernatural powers, which was measured in tails(from 1-9), and the ability to create illusions.
Ninetails, Zoroark, and maybe Alakazam. At least this explains vulpix>ninetails.

And magikarp->Gyrados. In Japan, it is said that if a koi fish swims up a waterfall, it will transform into a powerful dragon.

You know what? There should just be a pokemon evolution thread. Where you don't complain.
Until you can get the OP to close this, & then Manage to keep all idiots out, it wont happen.