• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Weird/Exotic things you can find for sale

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Ever think there were just some things out there you could never buy until you happened to stumble upon them online, totally open and ready for sale like there was nothing to it? This is a thread just for that. Link to things/sites/listings that offer unique stuff you could buy right now and definitely wouldn't ever be available at your local Wal-Mart or wherever.

Just a few things:

• I know weird and unique stuff is offered on Ebay all the time, but that's perfectly welcome here. The more interesting and exotic it is, the better.
  • If you have an actual Ebay, Etsy, or personal site listing for your own stuff that you're personally selling, that's cool, but don't toss in a sales pitch unless it's something really unique and exotic.
  • Just take a moment to explain and/or reflect on the thing you're linking to and why you think it's cool/unique. Try not to just post a link. Doesn't need to be a whole lengthy product description, but something along the lines of one or two sentences would be cool.
  • And just keep it safe for all audiences of any age. No posting stuff that would be totally NSFW (not safe for work)

Easy money.

Anyway, here's one really interesting store site I recently came across:

The Mertailor

In a nutshell, this store allows you to buy customized, movie-quality mermaid tails that you can totally swim in whether it's at the lake, in a pool, or wherever there's water. Some of the more complex and more realistic-looking ones are definitely on the pricey side and you need to put in quite a few measurements, but the end result looks... incredibly real. The base price for the super-realistic silicone one is $2,729.50, but even the silicone neoprene version still looks pretty good and is only $530.

Sure, I figured these were made on a regular basis for movies and whatever high-budget commercial productions, but here, as long as you have the measurements and the cash, you can just buy them outright like it ain't no thing, all customized just for you. And having been on the swim team throughout almost all of high school, I can't help but wonder what it's like to swim with one of those on. Not to mention the kind of funny and interesting reaction you'd get from other people at the pool or wherever you go swimming. :p

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
Some things I've seen for sale online are downright stupid and I'd probably buy them anyways.

It's not too out there but god damn there's a big market for things that glow (pitchers, ice cubes, pens, etc)

好きなぼうし

it's my favorite
Last edited:

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Well, I don't remember the link to the article about it. I'm sure it's pretty famous by now. But I never thought I would live to see the day.
The article talks about a man from China that traveled to France (if I remember correctly) and took a glass jar and sealed some of the fresh mountain air in it. He then took it back to his hometown and sold it for an amount equal to about $800. Air, people. It's bad enough we buy water because we don't have the means to get our own, but air? No, no, no....

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Well, I don't remember the link to the article about it. I'm sure it's pretty famous by now. But I never thought I would live to see the day.
The article talks about a man from China that traveled to France (if I remember correctly) and took a glass jar and sealed some of the fresh mountain air in it. He then took it back to his hometown and sold it for an amount equal to about $800. Air, people. It's bad enough we buy water because we don't have the means to get our own, but air? No, no, no....

Considering the air quality in China, that is really not much of a stretch. It's also the country where 'lion' dogs sell for 2.5 million US$.

There's a seller on eBay that sells 'ghost boxes', paper coffin-shaped boxes that for 'entertainment purposes' are said to contain a ghost.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I have one word for this: WHY??????
I almost fell on the floor laughing when I read that they can come in "two pieces". Well, the vast majority of people DO have two hands...
Ooooh, now I know what to do when I have children and they start losing teeth. I'll quietly steal the tooth from under their pillow, sell it online, then just as stealthily place the profit I made off of said tooth under their pillow. When the child asks me why there's such a delay with getting the money, I'll explain that the tooth fairy had some troubles at the bank.
Considering the air quality in China, that is really not much of a stretch. It's also the country where 'lion' dogs sell for 2.5 million US$.
Oh yeah, you mean these? Yeah, that's crazy, you can buy at least two good houses with that money. And you'd think people should be able to breed them a lot and make the price go down... Yeah, there's something for a crazy person with way too much money on their hands.

Of course, you know what else you can do if you're a crazy person with too much money on your hands? Buy an entire haunted island! That will probably kill you or drive you insane if you decide to take up residence on it. I'm really into dark and creepy stuff, but I don't think even I'd buy it if I had the money. (Granted, there isn't even a definite price listed that I know of, but it would probably run well into the millions of euros. Or maybe if they wanted to be really evil, they could sell it for really cheap as a gag.)

Last edited:

Lunar-Kuto

Go on, smile!
I want that parachute bike o_o... That's too cool

As for unusual things... I saw on an online shop one time try selling a hovercar. I tried looking for the listing again, but no such luck anymore.